Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Did this jar catch the cobweb?
    #4081248 - 04/21/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Did this jar catch the cobweb? I inoculated it along with three others a little over two weeks ago. The other 3 are sporting bright white patches which looks like every other picture of mycellial growth I've seen. This fourth, on the other hand, doesn't have either of those but does have what looks like a cottony substance covering some substrate. Pictures included.

The last I checked them before this was two days ago, and this jar had nothing like this. The mycellial growth on the others is for the most part new.

I know if it looks like cobweb, its probably cobweb but I just wanted some reinforcement. It didn't give off an odor, but I removed it from the closet where I'm keeping the others. I haven't thrown it out yet, but not letting it near the grow bin.

So, thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Did this jar catch the cobweb? [Re: beyondsisxth]
    #4081415 - 04/21/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like normal aggressive growth to me. I would be suprised to find any jar getting cobweb. My thoughts are that cobweb doesn't really strike untill your cakes or casings are out in the open.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Did this jar catch the cobweb? [Re: Photoguy]
    #4081453 - 04/21/05 01:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it. Its just that the growth on this jar looks radically different then the others, it may be cause this jar is packed a little looser, I don't know.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#4082167 - 04/21/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My first thought is that it looks like mold. A wispy grey mold. If it looks different enough for you to make this post, I'd trust your instinct. At this point, it wouldn't make too much difference to watch it for a couple more days to see if it thickens up and starts to look like the others [separate it or put it into a ziplock bag]. Does it grow more quickly?

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Did this jar catch the cobweb? [Re: Suntzu]
    #4100775 - 04/26/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Just do the smell test! That's ALL you need, trust me, if its any kind of mold you'll wish you could run down to your basment eat some LSD and draw up plans for a time machine to go back so that you'd never had to smell somthing so nasty in your life.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Did this jar catch the cobweb? [Re: Cenebite]
    #4100806 - 04/26/05 10:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

IF you do the smell test make sure you waft it.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Did this jar catch the cobweb? [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4106603 - 04/28/05 10:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, I checked it periodically for the next few days, not much changed, the wispy grey stuff just kinda spread throughout the jar then it started to brown in spots, I'm assuming that was sporolation, so I trashed it. It never saw the closet with the others again.

However today I noticed green spots in on jar so tossed that too. So now I'm down to two, which seem to be colonizing very well. I'll probably inoc two or so more soon so I can keep my chamber full of pf cakes (I'm a newb).

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#4108480 - 04/28/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Having some definite mold in some jars makes it a little more likely that this was some other airborne critter too. As you pinpoint the sources of contamination the number of lost jars will drop. Everyone trying for the first time or trying new methods should set aside a couple of control jars. One never gets opened, but incubated with the rest. The second is 'fake inoculated', exposed to whatever the real jars are minus spores/mycelium. It's not a full-proof test of conditions [to *really* find out, many control jars might need to be used], but it's a small sacrifice for the information it could provide. If the control jars are clean, they can still be inoculated.

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Did this jar catch the cobweb? [Re: Suntzu]
    #4114592 - 04/30/05 12:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I prepared ten pf jars at once, sterilized them at the same time. I only inoculated four, so when I inoculate more I have the 6 other jars to choose from, I'm sure there will be 3 or 4 more of them still clean.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags