Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Pan Cyan Cull Mushmush fruiting question
    #4110867 - 04/29/05 11:47 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Now that is getting hot and the difference between incubating and fruiting temps is not so noticeable, would a cold shock do any good to pan cyans?
The pans I?m growing eat all the casing layer in a matter of nothing even when they go directly to the fruiting chamber with no incubation after it was applied.
Some info:
#1 casing= sterilized cow manure/straw inoc. with rye grain spawn, cased with a 1 cm layer of sterilized peat verm.
#2 casing= sterilized cow manure/verm/perlite inoc. with rye grain spawn, cased as above.
Both in the same fruiting chamber: air pump 15 minutes on/45 minutes off, 24 hours a day; the hose is inside a sterilized jar full of water. There is a hole with polyfill for evaporation/air exchange. Temps 25-29?C. Manual misting twice a day (if needed), indirect natural light.
And the most important thing: rye spawn was inoc. with a multispore agar wedge.

Thanks.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Pan Cyan Cull Mushmush fruiting question [Re: Semilanceata]
    #4111189 - 04/29/05 01:12 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Now that is getting hot and the difference between incubating and fruiting temps is not so noticeable, would a cold shock do any good to pan cyans?

Pin formation. See any ?
Anyway, cold shocking works well with P.Cubensis, probably not so well with Pan. Cyans.

Can you read your Rh ? That is very important.
You should also check growth parameters for Pan. Cyans.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Re: Pan Cyan Cull Mushmush fruiting question [Re: MAIA]
    #4111398 - 04/29/05 02:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I see no pins just a very dense pan myc all over the casing layer. Casing was kept moist but it overlayed and now is changing to yellow in some spots. I don?t mist anymore cause there is no more casing layer, everything is white.

RH=95-100%

Growth parameters: Keeping them like Una says in www.Mushmush.com., min.:25?C

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

#4113716 - 04/30/05 03:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Some advice if I add a pic?:

I put it in the fruiting bin 10 days ago. The bright little spots are not knots, it?s just water that?s starting to form pools on the surface. I?m not misting anymore since a couple of days.
Should I wait a little more? Should I sprinkle a little bit of casing soil?
Maybe it?s a casing with non fruiting strains, right?

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #4122494 - 05/02/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'd lower the Rh to 90% and increase air exchanges.
If nothing happens, probably it's the overlay holding you back. Try adding a new sterile casing layer then.
Btw, only sclerotia producing species should not fruit. Pan cyans should fruit.

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pan Cyan Cull Mushmush fruiting question [Re: MAIA]
    #4122703 - 05/02/05 10:05 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Wow...those arent knots? You sure? I bet you are...they just look just like them from the picture...

A cold shock does help them...but its not needed. I did a couple with a cold shock, they came out great...incubated for about 2 days after casing...myc was popping up (I wouldnt ever patch pans), then cold shocked for 24 hours, fruited...and it pinned about 3-4 days later:

If you used coir, instead of peat for the casing...I'd suggest doing otherwize next time. Also if its store bought manure, that could be your problem...even if it works ok for cubies...pans seem pickier...I've heard of store bought working though for them. Other then that...you could cold shock, as long as theres no primordia. I'd DEFINATLY stop misting (should have done so long ago). Thin casing layers dont need so much of the misting...keeps the vegetative from stopping and pinning from kicking in. Dropping the humidity from 85-90% will help ALOT. I also dont think the air exchange is enough..>I'd find a way to leave the pump on all the time...maybe one hose in the water, one hose out if you can (so it adds a little dry air in there). They need way more fresh air then cubies and thats what I'd do even for cubies. Fresh air is more important then humidity though. Those fruited without any form of humidity other then the casing layer in a tarped closet thats pretty sealed.

Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Re: Pan Cyan Cull Mushmush fruiting question [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4123555 - 05/02/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I know they look like knots but it?s just the flash of the camera  :thumbdown:. I sure wish they were knots...

The casing layer is sterilized peat/verm + CaCO3 and the manure used is old cow shit picked directly from a field.
Humidity is really high, so that should be part of the problem. About the air exchange, I did a test with a trash bag that was about the size of the bin and the bubbler filled it up with air in 8 minutes, but even so I?m gonna follow the advice of both, increase air exchange and lower the RH. Let see how it turns out...

Muchas gracias MAIA y Scat.

Saludos.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
    #4124041 - 05/02/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

they really do look like knots... i'm following your progress--got some manure knocked up with pans right now, just waiting to case... good luck!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate