Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekram1tth3fr0g
N00b
new shroomer!!
    #4113039 - 04/29/05 11:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey all! A friend of mine recommended me to this site, i've been reading for a few days and it's awesome!! Ok so here's the scoop. I'm living with the folks till middle of next year, wanting to start off a small personal use only P. Cubensis "garden" if you may. I own a few lizards, so I already have the vermiculite, perlite, and a spare 10gallone aquarium, getting brown rice flour is no big deal either. I sortof have an idea on how to start cakes out (my friend who recommended me here is going to help out the first few times)but after i transfer the cakes from the jars to the aquarium, i have a few questions from this point on. Let me know if this sounds right, and fill in gaps where necessary. I'm going to put about 1/2" - 3/4" perlite in bottom tank. fill 1/4" full of water. Make a standing screen sitting right above perlite for cakes. (my friend told me to cut the cakes into thirds, and place them in tins mixed with vermiculite/perlite/water (i believe) and he said set the tins on top of this screen). I'm also going to use a small fish tank water pump with hoses to bubble the water, and I have an under-tank-heater already on the tank if i need to use it, since humidity should be at near 100% correct? When is temperateure the most critical for the shrooms? I have thermostats and rheostats to regulate the timings of light cycles on my lizard's cage, so I can time the lights on the shroom cage to a 12/12 cycle of fluorescent lighting?? Also, how can I be absolutely sure they are ready to cut, and when they are cut, will more grow or do i need to start the process over again? Thanks for any help you all can provide!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: kram1tth3fr0g]
    #4113049 - 04/29/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

can you tell your parent that you are growing mushrooms?

if not, it is very wise to wait until next year when you can and dont have to worry with it.

Your parents can get into a lot of trouble, without even realizing what is going on, for your actions. so please do not grow in your parents home without thier knowledge.

Offlinelarryg
Traveller

Loc: Eastern Iowa
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: four20snakeman]
    #4113061 - 04/29/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I agree.. If you are going to take up this as a hobby, you should try to be as low key and RESPONSIBLE as possible.. Wait it out.. Read the info here at the shroomery and when its your time, you will be prepared..

Offlinekram1tth3fr0g
N00b
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: larryg]
    #4113066 - 04/29/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok so i read this same stuff when i started growing bud two years ago and i've done that with no problems. anything i grow is personal use only. If you all could help, it'd be greatly appreciated, and spare me the "your parents will get in trouble" speech. thanks.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #4113071 - 04/29/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

With that attitude your not going to get help, especially since your going to go ahead and put your parents in danger and not caring about their well being.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinelarryg
Traveller

Loc: Eastern Iowa
    #4113075 - 04/29/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If you want to take the risk, it is up to you.. As for everything else you want to know.. Start with the FAQ.. Everything you want to know is in there.. GL

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: new shroomer!! [Re: four20snakeman]
    #4113078 - 04/29/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't cut them when harvesting. Pull them out with a gentle twisting motion. If you cut them, the remaining 'stump' will probably rot.. oh yes, and harvest once the veil is broken. Then after harvesting, dunk your cakes (search for a dunk tek) and put them back, they should produce more.

Also, not sure about that verm/perlite/water thing. I'd leave the perlite out of that mixture, and just set the cakes (whole) on some damp verm in a pie tin or what have you, on top of the screen.

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Edited by evilchipmunk (04/29/05 11:24 PM)

Offlinekram1tth3fr0g
N00b
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4113087 - 04/29/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
With that attitude your not going to get help, especially since your going to go ahead and put your parents in danger and not caring about their well being.

Dont' have an attitude, asking for help. If you don't want to help, then don't. I didn't ask for your opinion on whether i care/not care about my parents well being so keep it to yourself. What i do isn't your problem. and i've read the FAQ a few times, some of the things are still hard to understand, which is why i'm asking for some opinions..thanks..

Offlinekram1tth3fr0g
N00b
    #4113089 - 04/29/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thanks SOOOOOOOO much chipmunk, just what i was looking for. so i shouldn't cut the cakes into thirds? my friend does it and seems to have a pretty decent little harvest going.. what does leaving them whole differ from cutting them?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #4113095 - 04/29/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kram1tth3fr0g said:
If you all could help, it'd be greatly appreciated, and spare me the "your parents will get in trouble" speech. thanks.

we are all willing to help but the thing we are concerned with is assisting
someone in breaking the law which has more that a few months in jail, one
of the many penalties falls under the RICO Act, originaly aimed at high level
traffickers and heads of cartels, the RICO Act allows for the government
to sieze all of your parents assets, their money, cars, home and anything else
they own...

as it stands you sound a great deal like a minor, living at home, have another
year to move out, simply cant wait or move a little early but feels the risk
is worth it... ti doesnt take much to have cops at your door

Offlinekram1tth3fr0g
N00b
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4113103 - 04/29/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

actually 20 and in college till next spring, live downstairs in an "apartment". parents live upstairs, i pay rent and stuff though, so well either way, thanks for the info and for being courteous with your response... hope this clears it up that i'm not a 14 yrd old wanting to get a happy high!! lol

Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

#4113104 - 04/29/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If your friend has success, I don't see why it would be a problem. I wouldn't do it personally, though. Just seems like I'd have to handle them more than necessary.

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

Invisiblefour20snakeman
Background Noise
Male

Loc: /\ /\ Right there /\ /\
    #4113107 - 04/29/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

kram1tth3fr0g said:
ok so i read this same stuff when i started growing bud two years ago and i've done that with no problems. anything i grow is personal use only...

It doesn't matter if it is personal use only or not.

Quote:

kram1tth3fr0g said:
...and spare me the "your parents will get in trouble" speech. thanks.

ok, but they can.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4113109 - 04/29/05 11:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

if you are gonna do it, protect yourself and your parents by not telling ANYBODY that you are doing it.  NONE of my friends know about my secret little hobby.  i keep all of my activities hush.  the only thing that's hard to get around is telling my friends how i keep scoring free shrooms from a mystery supplier that they will never know about :smile:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinekram1tth3fr0g
N00b
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: TODAY]
    #4113129 - 04/29/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well the only person that knows and that will know is my friend helping me get started.. he's got himself quite the little harvest going on, it's pretty neat to check all of it out...

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4113156 - 04/29/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

its a funy hobby. you seem like you are mature enough to know what you are doing so i'm not gonna trash you like some of the others. i do have 1 partner in crime...but he doesn't know much, he's just the wheels that drive me on my shopping trips...also a roommate so kinda hard to keep that a secret. but we're very good friends so there's no danger in sharing illegal activities w/ him.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
    #4113181 - 04/29/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Not cool, wait until you've moved out.  You'll be putting your parents at risk and just because you don't care doesn't make it ok. :thumbdown:

OfflineAnArKi365
Potent

Re: new shroomer!! [Re: TODAY]
    #4113186 - 04/29/05 11:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah lol I would wait till the year when you are out. most likely you would go ahead and do it any way but there is plenty of teks that explain more thurily have fun

--------------------
Life Without Me, Where Would You Be, Everone In The World Needs A Person Like....ME

InvisiblePawPaw
Picktish TexasStyle....

Loc: was born down in the sout...
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4113202 - 04/29/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I back you Pris :wink: ...there is a reason you are a mod :smile: :heart:
You have helped me a lot just by reading your posts
I also got a wonderfull EQ isolate from you :thumbup:
We have some good Mods here guys ...probably the best you can learn from...
**turns music up  :smirk:

--------------------
Come to Paw Paws place there will be no sleeping tonight

Eric just wants to catch reds ..
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s right on your trail
Don?t look back, don?t look back
He?s just a step away from hell
WDYWFM?

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: new shroomer!! [Re: AnArKi365]
    #4113211 - 04/29/05 11:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you could always try growing edible shrooms while at home. that way once you move out you will already have all the proper techiques down pat and you'll be able to start kicking ass with the more entertaining varities :smile:

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder