Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineping
Stranger
Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid
    #4113030 - 04/30/05 01:06 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

G'day,
corious to find out how many people have had/take datura, and if it is even liked by anyone??? also i HAVE to ask people who have had first hand expririence with both shrooms and acid. what are their major diferances?
cheers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: ping]
    #4113069 - 04/30/05 01:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

wrong forum you dork, this is the mushroom hunting section! this thread would probably do better in Other Drug Discussion... wait for a moderator to move this, then you will get some good answers !

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4113083 - 04/30/05 01:23 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You have to have a certain number of post to see ODD. But still would be better off in whatever it is called (Im drunk and to lazy to press the back button twice to find out.)

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4113681 - 04/30/05 04:53 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I did about three weeks of personal datura experiments. It ended with the only siezure I have ever experienced in my life and two busted teeth from said siezure. After that I decided I had learned all I needed to from the plant. Did I like it? It's not a "fun" drug, and never did I experience anything close to euphoria with it. It seemed to have a strong magic quality to it, leaning a bit to the dark side of things. I had multiple experiences with it where my center of awareness left my body. There are things about Datura that just can not be described, as with any drug really, but datura is one of the most unique drugs i've ever encountered. I ate it, smoked it, made tea with it, dosed acid with it. all within about 3 weeks. doing something with it everyday. Again, did I like it? I liked what I learned from it, but it was almost never comfortable. I still think it has alot of potential if used properly, I just cant trust the safety of it anymore, as I had a seriously negative reaction to it with the siezure. Again, it's not fun, it's uncomfortable, sometimes down right painfull, and It's incredibly dangerous. It can show you alot though. One more thing to note is the first time I ingested it orally the effects lasted about two days, and from the start of the peak of the experience till the mourning after the next day I had lost my ability to focus my sight on anything closer than about 8 inches in front of me. That was scary, but at the same time I was so disasciated from my body that It was hardley an issue until things began returning to normal. Oh yeah, and with this more than any other drug i've done, you never quite get completley back to baseline. I could spit loops of thought all night trying to explain why this is, and I know exactly why this is, but it's not something you can really undestand without experiencing the drug. This plant has a really tricky spirit.

So yeah, anyway, it's great to want to know and learn and everything, and by all means chase your curiosity a little, but Please, DO NOT INGEST DATURA! There are wise spirits and shaman out there who know how to use this stuff, but unless you are one of them, don't mess around with the stuff. I urge you and anyone curious about datura who happens to read this to not mess with this plant, it's really not safe, no, really, it's not. But I know i'm not the first person to say this. Just be smart.

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4114545 - 04/30/05 02:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

wow man, i know you're aware of this, but dude you're real lucky to come out of that 3 week experimenting period without any harm done. even one day of that shit can be fatal. well anyway, that's good, im glad you're ok.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A Flag
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: Locus]
    #4114575 - 04/30/05 02:25 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

yes its not anythign liek shrooms or acid. i dabbled with it then went a bit to deep. teaspoon of seeds before bed for vivid dreams. woke up couldnt see, throat bleeding stomache ache felt liek i was goign to die.

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: Locus]
    #4114613 - 04/30/05 02:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My two worse psychedelic experiences are from datura.

I did doses that didn't make me throw up but didn't they didn't have much of a psychedelic quality. The dry mouth was unbearable and I felt generally sick. For some time after I couldn't read because datura messes with your near-sightedness. The two experience where I pushed dosage up a little I threw up. While throwing up I couldn't breathe. I had to struggle for like 30 seconds to open my air passage way in my throat. Felt like being held under water against your own will not knowing if you will be allowed to take another breath. Again I felt sicken but this time very detached feeling with an extreme case of dry mouth.

Needless to say the experiences weren't had little value to me. I may go back some time in the future because of its history in witch craft and stuff, but its not something I care to repeat at this time.

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: lonebuddha]
    #4114618 - 04/30/05 02:36 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

oh yeah I do believe that my dreams were signicantly enhanced by taking below threshhold doses.

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4119756 - 05/01/05 07:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Datura in proper doses causes your awareness to leave your body, So in this way it is very easy to neglect your body and not do things esential to life, like drink water, eat (a datura trip can last a couple days easy), even breath, you are not really with your body, you can always go back to it, but you are not really concerned with it because you are so enamored with the things you are seeing and learning. I totally understand how people die from this shit. It requires serious strength. Not to be played with.

--------------------

Offlineping
Stranger
    #4131320 - 05/04/05 05:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

damm, those expiriences sound pretty fucked up! i have done my bit of research on it and have learned not to play with it, but before this i did pick about 4-6 flowers and made a tea which did not do a thing.....i think i might wait this one out for atleast a little while longer, might stay away from it all together???

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
    #4131982 - 05/04/05 12:25 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Well, judging by the experiences above, you should definitely stay away from it (unless you're growing the beautiful plant, for other reasons). I have only got threshold effects from eating a small number of seeds, but when i tried smoking stramonium seeds, my nose started gushing blood after only 4 or 5 tokes. My roommate said the exact same thing happened last year to him.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4131983 - 05/04/05 12:25 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ping said:
might stay away from it all together???

That is probably the best advice. ;-)

Offlinecondonethis
are we thereyet?
 User Gallery

Loc: Under The Stairs
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: myndreach]
    #4132467 - 05/04/05 02:15 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have had 2 personal experiences with datura. The first was only very subtle effects, but the second was full fledged. this plant is no toy, and dosing on it is very unpredictable, not to mention dangerous. one who has never experienced it has no clue how they will react under the whim of the atropine alkaloids.

I dosed with my friend B and we expected to have some "fun". we had his girlfriend there to watch us. we were on the second floor of a three story house which i might add was unfinished, and had areas where one could simply fall to their death.
we each dosed a spoon-full of raw unripened seeds. i also had ingested some Valium, which i REALLY recommend for anyone who is planning on doing this. this will mellow you out during the experience, and make it much easier to control your spontaneous, irrational actions.

it took longer to kick in for me so i got to experience my friend's actions first hand before loosing my threshold of reality. i can recall him smoking phantom cigarettes and putting them out in the air. he grabbed my hand and pushed his index finger into my palm all the time mumbling gibberish and looking right into my eyes. he then proceeded to get naked and attempt to jump off the second floor. i don't remember much during the rest of the night, i was too far into the datura dreams.

the next morning i began to restore my consciousness, though i hadn't slept all night. i awoke standing in my flower-bed, pants off in boxer-briefs with no shoes, and some shirt i wasn't wearing the night before. i had nothing not my car my clothes, keys. my mother arrived home shortly and ask me what it was i was doing. knowing i was intoxicated, she ask me where my car was. i told her my step-dad had probably taken it cause he was standing over by the truck smiling at me. she told me that he was at work.
moments later my friend B arrived at my house naked, and his girlfriend put his pants on him and explained to my mom what had happened. the first thing he done when he came into my house was begun to wash the dishes in the sink.
i recall how vividly the hallucinations were. they WERE real. i couldn't convince my mother that we had anti-theft features built into the microwave. me and B would stand next to the wall and just pick off nothing. i told my mother that there were bugs all over my dresser, just marching around and stuff. I also tried to grab a coin out of an envelope which turned out to be the college seal on the envelope itself, i watched the coin rattle around inside the envelope, heard it.
my friend told me that at one point he thought he was holding a candy in his and pulled the wrapper off but as he put it to his lips the candy simply disappeared.
i saw a group of black children lying around in my sisters room.
when we went to take B to his parents house, i recall passing Juan Valdez and his coffee house mule, and told them to turn back around, i wanted a photograph.

the whole ride B was very hostile towards everyone, ranting and raving about how he was driving the car from the back seat, screaming obscenities. he would grab the top of my step-dads chair and jerk to and fro. when we finally arrived to get my stuff and my car i remember B storming out of the car and heading for the woods screaming, "I'm not fucking listening to you!"
there is a small bridge that inclines towards the door of the house we were at. i saw B fall over the railing of this bridge into the ditch below, a good 5 foot fall. when i looked down at him he was seated with a group of individuals who weren't really there.

i really can't think of much else, it was by far the strangest experience of my life, and i will not do it again, i don't believe.
but to anyone out there thinking about trying this stuff, know who you are with, where you will be, and what you will be doing for the next 3 days. start out with a small dose, and don't think that you have this stuff beat, cause you ain't got shit on it. stick with the fungus that grows among us. hope this helps.

Edited by condonethis (05/04/05 02:31 PM)

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: condonethis]
    #4158699 - 05/10/05 08:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: MovingTarget]
    #4169054 - 05/13/05 02:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

those scribes and art are nice dood.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineShroomKillabrew
Grower dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: Fluxburn]
    #4170584 - 05/13/05 01:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have had several datura experiences, all of them fairly enjoyable except for the dry mouth.I took a table spoon full each time.

--------------------
Disclaimer: All my posts are purely for entertainment purposes only. Furthermore, I have NO idea what I am talking about for I have never even seen a mushroom. All picture's are taken from various sources on the internet.

ShroomKill-a-brew :beer:

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
Smoking Datura leaves and/or flowers? [Re: ShroomKillabrew]
    #4171361 - 05/13/05 04:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'm curious as to what a safe dose would be if you smoked it? Dried foliage or flowers would be used I assume. I know how dangerous it could be and wouldn't want to try anything more than a relatively safe dose.

Personally I would never ingest this magickal herb but from what I gleaned from reading from various sources; it is much safer to smoke Datura than to ingest it.

My father is a practicing Asturer (Nordic paganism i.e., Odin-ism) and in a ritual had a Datura containing salve (Flying ointment) applied to his chest, needless to say this made him very ill. He said he thought he was going to die... Obviously this isn't the safest method to use this plant also.

That being said, there has to be a safe way to use it and in my opinion, pyrolizing dried foliage or floral matter would be "IT".

I'm very curious about the replies I will hopefully receive, to this post...

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: Datura expiriences........shrooms vs. acid [Re: ShroomKillabrew]
    #4171420 - 05/13/05 05:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i dont do a lot of any thing. But a couple seeds never hurt me or a puff or two of flower seemed to be realy handelable. As alkaloidaholic told me once it make you feel ancient. When done with small amounts and used with respect.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4172103 - 05/13/05 08:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lonebuddha said:
oh yeah I do believe that my dreams were signicantly enhanced by taking below threshhold doses.

From what I understand from reading online and in books I have the ""threshold dose"" to have a true full blown experience with this entheogen is a toxic dose.. So basically it goes hand in hand..

As stated above please do not fuck with this plant unless you have an elder who is experienced with it. However more importantly don't fuck with it unless you have utmost respect and understanding of what it is all about.. The origins and roots of this plant dwell deep..

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4172117 - 05/13/05 08:14 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

emptywisdom said:
Datura in proper doses causes your awareness to leave your body, So in this way it is very easy to neglect your body and not do things esential to life, like drink water, eat (a datura trip can last a couple days easy), even breath, you are not really with your body, you can always go back to it, but you are not really concerned with it because you are so enamored with the things you are seeing and learning. I totally understand how people die from this shit. It requires serious strength. Not to be played with.

While you were not essentially there in your body were you able to focus outside while your soul was astro-traveling.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden