Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOOWJEP
Stranger
Bruising Effects Potency
    #4112598 - 04/29/05 10:59 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, i am a semi new at this. I have grown quite a bit now, but i still have a few questions for you experienced growers. I was wondering if bruising effects potency at all. Thanks for the help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Bruising Effects Potency [Re: OOWJEP]
    #4112648 - 04/29/05 11:21 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Yes it can have an effect. The bruising is oxidation of the active ingredients. It could mean the difference between the giggles, or true visuals. But usually unless you chop up the fresh mushrooms into tiny bits, causing severe oxidation, and a blue mess  hehe:), you will not notice that much variance. If there fresh, try not to cut them up and leave them sitting exposed to the air. If you cut them up fresh, put them in honey :wink:. My friend has read many arguments on whether there are 2 main psycho-active elements among others that effect potency of mushrooms (psilocybin, and psilocin). Some research states that the psilocybin is what gives the giggles, and the psilocin gives the visuals. Psilocin is very unstable and is the main cause of the bluing--hence the loss of visual potency. But not enough research to really say its concrete evidence.here is a diagram from Hoffman on the two ingredients.
:smile: bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineAnArKi365
Potent

Re: Bruising Effects Potency [Re: bluhoney]
    #4112793 - 04/30/05 12:09 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

IMO i think that it does ive had mine grown and a couple of my shrooms fell off the cake and had a rough ride while it fell off landed in the perlite got soaked then thrown around and sat out for awhile and ate them and never gave more then just a barely a giggle type high shitty

--------------------
Life Without Me, Where Would You Be, Everone In The World Needs A Person Like....ME

OfflineOOWJEP
Stranger
Re: Bruising Effects Potency [Re: AnArKi365]
    #4113954 - 04/30/05 09:48 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

So lets say that i were to have tried to grind them up maybe a day premature, and some of the thicker stems hadnt dried completly, and they bruised quite badly when put in the grinder. Is there a even point in eating them, will it do anything.

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: Bruising Effects Potency [Re: OOWJEP]
    #4113990 - 04/30/05 10:14 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

oh dood, i just ate some of the blueist of my batch two days ago and it was one hell of a ride. and i only ate 2.2g.

eat away, man.

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation