Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
1st casing attempt -- pics! *update:flush2*
    #4093510 - 04/24/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

first flush pics:

and here it was just a couple days ago:

----------

2nd flush:

here's some in various states of drying

a couple nice shots of the casing

haha i didnt get a top view it was kind of depressing

but here's a couple of the cased cakes i saved from the garbage can (no really, i thought i contam'd them, broke them open and took a peek, then tossed them into a near-empty chip bag in the trash. then three days later i checked on them, rehydrated a bit, and cased)

variations on this mutation

are prevalent. some have a weird split cap that grows more off the side of the stem then the top. then there's this weird bastard.

there's still a couple cakes producing, but you've all seen cakes a time or three, so i'll spare you the unremarkable details. :wink:

i think my pH was off. next time i'm getting litmus paper and the proper buffer so i can do it the right way. that or i will track down coir :laugh:

in any event this flush matured FAR more quickly than the last one, but with fewer mushrooms. i'm going to get it good and wet this time. if it gets screwed up, who cares, i've already got more cakes ready than i have tubs to fruit them in.

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Edited by starseed1066 (05/04/05 12:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: starseed1066]
    #4093524 - 04/24/05 10:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: Looks good!  Let us know how everything works out! :wink:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinescrname
Stranger

Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4093542 - 04/24/05 10:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Just a question. When should one put the casing into the fruiting chamger? After you patch, after mcylem has covered the casing?

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: scrname]
    #4093555 - 04/24/05 10:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

After your substrate is 100% colonized you wanna put your casing layer on and stick it back into incubation until the mycelium has colonized the casing layer to the point just beneath the surface.  Thats when you introduce it to fruiting conditions... GL bro :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4093705 - 04/24/05 11:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

GT?

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #4093722 - 04/24/05 11:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cryogenicz said:
GT?

nope. i'll give you a hint: its one of the thai strains.

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: scrname]
    #4093729 - 04/24/05 11:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

scrname said:
Just a question. When should one put the casing into the fruiting chamger? After you patch, after mcylem has covered the casing?

I usally scratch the whole surface and then fruit the next day. Scratching only slows the pinning process by one day max but gives you alot better pin set. If you cold shock then i would scratch/ patch the whole thing, put in the fridge overnight and show it some light the next day

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: tahoe]
    #4093772 - 04/24/05 11:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

err...i think that post ended up in the wrong thread?

--------------------

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

#4094394 - 04/25/05 08:06 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ok so the end of the first flush is pretty much settling on the casing. whats the proper way to rehydrate a casing of this type (See 1st post)? and is there a way to get the mycellium to finish colonizing the casign a bit better so the next pinset is more even?

help!

--------------------

Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

#4094398 - 04/25/05 08:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

How long did it take for the shrooms to show up?

Offlinesublimistri
Higher Than AKite
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forgotten
    #4094401 - 04/25/05 08:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Pink Buffalo? Take tahoes advice.

--------------------
Tradelist
My Ethnobotanical Garden
Cup Greenhouse Tek. Make small sturdy pots (With detachable grenhouse tops) with cups.

Your human friend will have to dose atropine uninformed, I will not spread information that may harm a cat. - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: sublimistri]
    #4094417 - 04/25/05 08:16 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

its kamui sai super strain. (sp?) and er, i think it took 6-8 days after she initially cased it for the pins to show up...

--------------------

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: sublimistri]
    #4096624 - 04/25/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

and wasnt tahoe's advice to somebody else? or did he cut and paste it?

--------------------

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

#4110204 - 04/29/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

whew...yesterday i sampled 2.2g of my buddy's first fruits. i didnt expect them to be so powerful; they kicked my ass for a full on 4 hours, and 6.5 hours after i ate them i still wasnt baseline yet when i went to bed.

i'm really going to be careful once the poo gets going...i'm by no means a newbie tripper, but wow, i've never been so high on so few, aside from cyanescens..

--------------------

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
    #4110432 - 04/29/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Nice I can't wait to get my Koh Samui Super Strains going =)

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: lemunhed]
    #4112441 - 04/29/05 07:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well watch yoruself. i dont know if i lucked out or what, but they came on reaaaaallllyy slow, and by the time i thought i'd hit the end of the up i was glad as hell i opted to not eat a whole 8th.

--------------------

OfflineOl_Mr_Owl
Emirie's #1 Fan

Loc: Left of US
    #4112465 - 04/29/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

starseed1066 said:
i was glad as hell i opted to not eat a whole 8th.

Forgive me as I'm not familiar with this term. 8th of a what?

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Re: 1st casing attempt -- pics! [Re: Ol_Mr_Owl]
    #4112475 - 04/29/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

an 8th of an ounce = 3.5g, sorry :beer:

--------------------

Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

#4131009 - 05/04/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

bump for the update...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags