Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
fuzzy primordia
    #4111957 - 04/29/05 06:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hello... i am in my first fruiting of my cakes. I put them in my fruiting chamber. I use a ultrasonic. My hygrometer is cheap. It does not have a remote sensor. I think that is gets bogged down and doesn't read the humidity correctly. But I think i have good humidity anyways. My cakes are starting to grow more mycelium on the sides, its a little fuzzy but im kinda sure its primordia. If indeed it is primordia and not any problem, when should i be seeing pins after this stage.

I can get pics if needed for a verdict.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: fuzzy primordia [Re: carl]
    #4112576 - 04/29/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hi carl, with out a picture of your cake I'm going to have to give an educated guess. The fuzziness may actually be the cake with too high humidity. Lower your humidity some. Right before primordia appear the cake will NOT get fuzzy ( in the sense I believe your taking about) but rather the texture of the cake will change from smooth to the tiny, tiny baby primordial white dots, maturing to the classic red dots as the primordia grow. Lower that humidity or your cake will rot. You should after seeing the primordia start growing, see mushrooms grow to maturity in 3 to 4 days. Some strains a little quicker, thats just a rough guideline :smile:bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Edited by bluhoney (04/29/05 10:50 PM)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: fuzzy primordia [Re: bluhoney]
    #4112587 - 04/29/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

^^^ :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: fuzzy primordia [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4114764 - 04/30/05 03:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I think your correct. I have had the ultrasonic on a bit to much and i haven't been fanning enough. THanks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation