Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespliff_roller
Stranger
its been almost a week and still nothing :(
    #4110647 - 04/29/05 10:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I just prepared and inoculated my jars monday night. I used vermiculite and BRF. Sterilized before innoculating by boiling for an hour. Sprayed room with bleach before innoculationg. I am using P.C. Thai Koh Samui Super Strain from The Hawks Eye (spore prints). It has now been 4 days and no mycellium what so ever have appeared. In fact I can still see the black spores. Now, the only timeframe for conlonization I can find on this site is about 2 weeks. But nowhere does it say when it begins. Now, I know its only been a few days, but I am curious to know as to how long it usually takes to see mycellium starting to colonize. Im a probably just being a stupid noob but please reassure me. Sorry to bug u fine folks, and thanks for any feedback in advance.

peace*love*empathy

spliff_roller

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: spliff_roller]
    #4110656 - 04/29/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you have a few more days before you should worry.

don't see anything after 9 days...start worrying.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: Roadkill]
    #4110665 - 04/29/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

How long after you boiled the jars did you wait to inoculate??

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinespliff_roller
Stranger
Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4110686 - 04/29/05 11:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know it says wait 24 hours, but I got a call as I was boiling the jars that friend died and I just got back this morning from the funeral. So what I did, because I was worried about leaving the jars a few days without innoculating, is after they cooled down enough to touch, I put them outside (it was pretty chilly....frost that nite too) and hooked a fan up beside them. I left them sit for a few hours with the fan blowing cold air onto them. By the time I inoculated, they where warm, but BARELY. I dont think there is any way anyting could have happened. I had 12 jars, and I opened one up, dumped the substrate into my hand and it was comfortable to the touch. I obviously discarded that jar, and proceeded to inoculate the remaining 11. So I waited about 3 hours after taking them out of the pot.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: spliff_roller]
    #4110704 - 04/29/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thats still pretty quick. But its possible that you are just fine. Just wait it out a little bit and we'll see what happens.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4110762 - 04/29/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear about your loss :frown:

Offline88mustanggt

Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: myndreach]
    #4110766 - 04/29/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

im in the same boat i inocculated on the 7th and only 3 jars have growth the size of a quarter at most. its been over 20 days and most look like nothin. what shold i do

Offlinejamsandwich
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #4110780 - 04/29/05 11:29 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

88mustanggt, have you given them any air exchange, like taking off tape of tin foil to expose the pin holes?

--------------------
8 years now! lol

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: jamsandwich]
    #4110789 - 04/29/05 11:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:smile:

uh huh

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offline88mustanggt

Re: its been almost a week and still nothing :( [Re: Roadkill]
    #4112771 - 04/29/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ya of course i did it just like i always do it, with poly fill. exept i didnt boil this time just soaked for about 35 hours or so

Edited by 88mustanggt (04/29/05 10:02 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags