Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemakedrugsfree
Loc: Alaska, USA
difference in chem content
    #410942 - 10/02/01 03:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Could someone give me a simple explanation how the process works of converting these chem in our body to each of them. And maybe the affects of each (which are more % wise important).
PSILOCYBIN, PSILOCIN, and BAEOCYSTIN

Also which Psilocybe species do not work well with the standard PF tek?

Evil will always provail, because good is dumb.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
Re: difference in chem content [Re: makedrugsfree]
    #411534 - 10/02/01 05:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I dont understand your question.

Offlinemakedrugsfree
    #411661 - 10/02/01 07:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I've read that psilocybin is converted to psilocin (or vice versa) by our bodies. So do both chemicals affect us the same way? Are we only really affected by one of them because the other is converted to the second? If we are affected by both, then do they have different affects?

Offlinedirk gently
enthusiast
    #411686 - 10/02/01 07:53 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Its complicated. If you are trying to decide on a P.cubensis substrain based on some findings of their chemical content I would encourage you to not bother.

First off, its highly variable anyway. Even between flushes of the same colony. Secondly, the actual pharmacology/pharmcodynamics is not completely known with rerd to the relation of these compounds that may or may not be present in significant amounts when you eat mushroom X.

The general concensus is that psilocybin is converted to psilocin in your body. Enzymatically dephosphorylated I believe. It is not entirely clear as to whether or not psilocybin itself produces a drug effect as well as psilocin, or if its just psilocin thats doing it. IMO, those are the two chemicals that produce 99% of the drug effects. Some people think that baeocystin, norbaeocystin and a slew of other related compounds may produce significant effects or somehow change the effects of the psilocin. They are all present in much less quantity for the most part. To such an extent that the equivalent amount of pure chemical (baeocystin, for example) is not active (sub threshold or just not active at all).

The other thing to consider is that psilocin is much less stable than psilocybin. Drying, air oxidation, heat or other may effectively chemically change the psilocin to something thats inactive (Blueing of mushroom tissue is supposedly a psilocin breakdown product). Also, psilocybin is very water soluble. Psilocin, not so much (maybe, I forget now).

I'll just shut up now before I confuse you anymore than already.

Oh, for PF, use only psilocybe cubensis. Any variety.

Offlinemakedrugsfree
Re: difference in chem content [Re: dirk gently]
    #413270 - 10/04/01 02:32 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for your reply. Your information helped a lot.

>If you are trying to decide on a P.cubensis substrain ...

Well actually a psilocybe species, but I'll take it that what you said is good for that too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate