Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4109376 - 04/28/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I thought it was funny.

She taught me to look out for the manager and steal m&m's from the mcflurry dispenser so I could fill my pockets and have a snack through the day. She was awsome. See, The manager was usually give the cooks a hard time or helping the person on drive through, or in her office, and you start to understand a rythem in her routine, so you know when you can get away with shit. If there was anything cool about that job, it was that everything was easy as hell, from learning your tasks to reading the boss, to figuring out when you could snatch free food and slack off, and what things you could leave less than clean. You learn everything quick at a mcdonalds. Like I said, I only worked there for two weeks. It sucked ass, but the whole time I knew I only had to put in two weeks then I was off to maui, so it was something I could endure. See, I hate customers, in every job that I have worked which involved direct interaction with costomers, the customers have been the biggest problem. Nowhere else will you loose more faith in your fellow human than working fast food or retail and dealing with dipshit customers. That is an emptywisdom promise :wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4109391 - 04/29/05 12:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the worst thing I've seen at a fast food resteraunt, though, was when I first moved out of my parents house, One of my two roomates and I worked at a KFC, Well, my friend who I worked with and her boyfriend both came down with mono, He got it really bad, but she was only so so. she was working through it because our asshole boss would not let her take time off (her boyfriend could barley get out of bed, he was halucinating, man it was crazy, she was pretty sick, but nothing like him) anyway, she was scooping mashed potatoes, that was her spot for the night, and I was handing out orders. This cop comes in, and orders some kind of meal, I don't recal specifically, but some how she hocked up a big mono infested loogie into her hand and smeared it ontop of this cops mashed potato cup, then added another scoop, She was so smooth in doing it, I would have never been able to pull that off without being caught, but she did it. We were both only 18, and now I would think that too be pretty fucked up and wrong, but at the time we both got great kicks out of it. Poor cop.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: Das Meow]
    #4109495 - 04/29/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

awww, that dog is so good looking.

I'm too tired to contribute anyting else

--------------------
Namaste

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: RedNucleus]
    #4109605 - 04/29/05 01:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

bad places i have worked:
1. Bloom bath and body: i made bath salts and fragrance sachets and always came home smelling like i rolled in about 12 perfumes (though the best scented oil i smelled was "fresh cut grass")
2. united artists movie theaters: it wasn't so bad after i got away from the concession stand, and i got to meet Patrick Roy!  :eyemouth:
3. Goodtimes burgers and custard: standard burger joint, got promoted to shift manager after about a month.(it was like running in the special Olympics while being fully capable.)

the worst job i ever had:
i never actually had the job, quit before i could start!
selling artwork door to door (the kinda shit one would see in hotels or in crappy diners. i went out for an "observation" day. hung out in Brighton, CO for a full day.  i want that day back! people hated us, nobody bought shit, and actually got thrown out of some insurance office.
horse shit job if you ask me! after i got back with the other guy i was with i told the "manager" that i didn't want to do it and he sat me down and attempted to pressure me into following through; the whole time i kept thinking "your pseudo Jedi mind tricks will not work on me!"

and they didn't. HA FUCKER U SUCK MY BALLS!!!!

whew, sorry still holding some rage against him...  :pottymouth: :hellfire: :chainsaw:

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4110085 - 04/29/05 06:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I worked in a factory for two days before quitting (via not showing up the third day).

I hung 8000 brake-drums on little hooks that never stopped coming by, and that was only day 1. :crazy:

The place was poorly-ventillated, too, so I was dizzy the whole day from paint fumes.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: What was your worst job ever? *DELETED* [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4110156 - 04/29/05 07:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineRetired
Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: poke smot!]
    #4110168 - 04/29/05 07:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i dont have one. im still where i started work 2 years ago. its a ceramics studio i do nothing and make mass. so im in love. shop closes in 6 months tho...FUCK!

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4110173 - 04/29/05 07:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Worst job I had was a job at Hooter's, believe it or not.

It's a glorified McDonalds, and after seeing the food storage and the cleaning techniques, I almost vomited. It reeked like rotten food in the freezer, not to mention my friend who got me the job has a picture of a green chicken wing.

After all that, and then finding out the girls filed a sexual harassment suit against a manager that was there for 10 years (for no good reason) I left. If a manager of 10 years can get kicked out because the girls didn't like him - my buddy was there the alleged night - I didn't stand a chance, and would rather have a solid job.

Frying food ain't my thing.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: Adden]
    #4110211 - 04/29/05 08:14 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I work at a resteraunt and have been in a few kitchens at other resteraunts and these aren't that cheap of places to dine either and believe it or not I think Mc'Donalds and other fast food places are actually cleaner and more sanitary. I have seen the same things you have seen and then some.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: trendal]
    #4111582 - 04/29/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I worked in a factory for two days before quitting (via not showing up the third day).

same
i inspected clutch discs
there was this really hot 40 year old lady that inspected them next to me though..

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#4112230 - 04/29/05 06:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OreYoes said:
I love me some Mcdonald's.. tell me something that will turn me off from it forever

my worst job happen to answer your wish

My first job was at McDonalds. I worked there all of 5 weeks. I fucking hated it. I was still in high school and they had me close. I wouldnt get out there until 3am- then have to wake up at 6:30 to be at school at 7am.

The manager would clock us out at midnight even though we worked till 3am.

My dad and the dad of another kid filed a complaint against them and the manager doing it got fired.

a few days later I walked in on a night I was supposed to close and handed them my uniform and said "fuck you asshole" to the manager that was working that night. He looked like George from Seinfield but thought he was Puff Daddy.

anyway on to the nasty thing

Behind the McDonalds was a few crappy duplexes that were torn down... and all the mice from there migrated to the McDonalds.

so one night during the WEEKLY cleaning of the carmel bin for the ice cream we found a mouse that had drowned in it.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
    #4112246 - 04/29/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

OreYoes said:
Definitely the movie theaters

Dear god! That IS crappy my friend

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #4112612 - 04/29/05 09:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

1. The landfill
2. cleaning dog kenels at the pound
3. laying sod
4. roofing
5. soda blasting

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: What was your worst job ever? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #4112692 - 04/29/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I had to be the oiler at a bikini model shoot once.

Oh wait, what are we talking about?

Worst job... probably picking oranges in 100+ degree weather the summer I turned 15. That was so horrible, should have called child services on my parents for talking me into that one.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4112751 - 04/29/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hooker.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order