Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Unveiling Prehistoric Civilizations: (Part 5) Some Thoughts about the Discovery of a Two Billion Yea
    #4108522 - 04/28/05 09:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

http://pureinsight.org/pi/articles/2003/4/28/1582.html

Unveiling Prehistoric Civilizations: (Part 5) Some Thoughts about the Discovery of a Two Billion Year Old Nuclear Reactor

The Zhengjian Book Series Editorial Team

The remnants of nuclear reactors nearly two billion years old were found in the 1970s in Africa. These reactors are thought to have occurred naturally. No natural reactors exist today, since the relative density of fissile uranium has now decayed below that needed for a sustainable reaction. Uranium oxide remains are visible as the yellowish rock. Oklo by-products are being used today to study the stability of the fundamental constants over cosmological time-scales and to develop more effective means for disposing of human-manufactured nuclear waste.

I-4 Nuclear Reactor from Two Billion Years Ago

[PureInsight.org] In 1972, a French company imported some uranium ore from Oklo in the Gabon Republic in Africa. Surprisingly the uranium concentration in the ore was as low as spent uranium fuel from a nuclear reactor. The finding led scientists to believe that the uranium had already been used for energy production. This discovery shocked the world and attracted scientists from many countries to go to Oklo for further investigation. The results showed that the uranium mine was an ancient nuclear reactor. The ancient reactor consisted of five hundred tons of utilized uranium ore in six different areas. Its output power was estimated to be approximately one hundred kilowatts. The reactor was perfectly preserved and its layout was very rational. It is estimated that the reactor had been in operation for around 500,000 years. Furthermore, nuclear wastes produced in this reactor had not spread all over the surrounding areas. Instead, they were confined within the separate sections. From the perspective of modern nuclear technology, this ancient reactor used very advanced techniques.

According to geological dating, the Oklo uranium mine was formed about 2 billion years ago. Shortly after formation, the nuclear reactor commenced operation. The research results made scientists seriously consider the possibility of prehistoric civilization. Such a nuclear reactor could be a product of a civilization from long ago, although scientists have proposed completely natural mechanisms by which the chain reactions could have taken place.

Human beings have only made use of nuclear power for a couple of decades. This discovery raised the intriguing possibility that a technologically more advanced civilization existed two billion years ago and it had advanced knowledge of nuclear fission. But if this assumption were correct, one would ask why such an advanced civilization did not perpetuate its own existence. Instead, it disappeared for unknown reasons, leaving only ancient relics. How should we view such a discovery? A large unaccounted-for time gap exists between two billion years ago and our present historical human civilization. What could have happened during that time?

If we neglect relics of prehistoric civilization, there is no way we can broaden the scope of our present knowledge. We will neither know what caused prehistoric civilizations to degenerate, or how they finally came to disappear. Moreover, we should carefully examine whether our current method of scientific development is following the same disastrous road. This is surely a subject worthy of serious consideration.

Published at: Monday, April 28, 2003 Recommend to a friend
All right reserved. PureInsight

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Unveiling Prehistoric Civilizations: (Part 5) Some Thoughts about the Discovery of a Two Billion [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4108598 - 04/28/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Wasn't much around other than single-celled organisms, 2 billion years ago...

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Re: Unveiling Prehistoric Civilizations: (Part 5) Some Thoughts about the Discovery of a Two Billion Yea [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4108636 - 04/28/05 10:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

woah, man, I think yo are on too something, sometimes I space out just thinking about like how radios work, and then I see what you be thinking about
if you ask me, that article went way off topic. but yeah, I can't really give an opinion on something like that, If I even tried to think of an opinion I would'nt be able to work tommarrow.

OfflineMirth
`'{*;*}'`
 User Gallery

Re: Unveiling Prehistoric Civilizations: (Part 5) Some Thoughts about the Discovery of a Two Billion [Re: nugsarenice]
    #4122234 - 05/02/05 07:14 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I read a book about "ooparts" - out of place artifacts - that talked about an ancient nuclear reactor - and about radiation that seems to have come from nuclear bombs in India that were used about six thousand years ago, also about batteries(simple ones) that are two thousand years old in bagdad .
Very interesting !

--------------------
The ineffable is not always intangible !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Science and Technology