Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Duble tub during spawn colonization?
    #4106967 - 04/28/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

AFOAF is doing the shroom god's straw tek, and using the double tub idea for air exchange during casing colonization and fruiting. Should he also use to double tub during spawning colonization (5qts popcorn onto straw in 64t bin) or should he duct tape up the holes? Thx for info =)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Duble tub during spawn colonization? [Re: lemunhed]
    #4106985 - 04/28/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you should duc-tape up the holes, and leave the top lid of. Now cover up the top of your tub with something airtight. (Like a 10l plastic garbagebag cut open) and tape it down so now air gets in.
The basic idea of colonising (like in the jars you had before) is that mycelium needs a humidity of 100% (roughly) and high co2 levels to colonise. So, what you need is no air exchange and no light.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Duble tub during spawn colonization? [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #4106999 - 04/28/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

umm high co2 levels is bad for colonization. thats like saying humans benefit from breathing in and out of a balloon all day

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Duble tub during spawn colonization? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4107023 - 04/28/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

lordoftheshroomz said:
umm high co2 levels is bad for colonization. thats like saying humans benefit from breathing in and out of a balloon all day

but jet it is correct as the higher co2 levels are allright during SPAWN RUN
but the fresh air makes the mycelium realise its time for fruiting.
thats why you can cover it with foil and poke some holes,
then forget about the whole thing for a week.
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #4107039 - 04/28/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

He's very right actually. High c02 levels are wonderful for colonization/spawning.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (04/28/05 01:03 PM)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Duble tub during spawn colonization? [Re: Civ]
    #4107121 - 04/28/05 01:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ok sorry i jus thot high co2 levels wer bad and suffocated the myc

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (04/28/05 01:24 PM)

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4107140 - 04/28/05 01:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Spawn Run:
Relative Humidity: 90%.
Substrate Temperature: 84?F - 86?F. Thermal death limits have been established at 106?F.
Duration: 10-14 days.
CO2: 5000 - 10,000 ppm.
Fresh Air Exchanges: 0 per hour.
Type of Casing: After fully run, cover with the standard casing whose preparations described in Chapter VIII. Layer to a depth of 1-2 inches. The casing should be balanced to an initial pH of 6.8 - 7.2.

I'll admit that i was wrong. not afraid either :grin: but really tho i do apologize

--------------------

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (04/28/05 01:28 PM)

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
    #4107191 - 04/28/05 01:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Then why do you need to take the tape of of inoculation holes?
I'm not arguing, but this seems contradictory.

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Duble tub during spawn colonization? [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #4107231 - 04/28/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thats exactly wut my logic was. i kno u need a hgih humididty btu now i can also see why higher( not high but higher) co2 levels r important. its cuz lowered co2 levels are a trigger for pinning

--------------------

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
    #4108415 - 04/28/05 07:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You don't take the tape off the holes. You leave them on. You just sit the shit in a big tub and cover it with no air exchange (think PF jars, they have almost 0 air exchange). Thx for the help guys.

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Duble tub during spawn colonization? [Re: lemunhed]
    #4108482 - 04/28/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think an air tight container is correct. If I'm correct, while no fresh air exchange is advisable, CO2 must be allowed to escape. Excessive build up of CO2 will slow colonization.

Case in point: I am currently spawning EQ WBS to horse manure. I poked holes in the aluminum foil and covered again with another layer of aluminum foil covering the holes. I got very little growth during the first 3 days. I talked to Roadkill about it and he said to remove the top layer of foil so only the foil with the holes in it is showing.

Well I did this 2 days ago and my spawn went from 10% colonized to 65% is just 2 days. It's still going too. I should be able to case by next weekend.

Maybe it's just my particular situation, but it can't be dismissed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags