Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrip2Far
Stranger
Trip Report : The little black slot
    #4108189 - 04/28/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hi all, just joined the forum, great site you got here!  :shocked:

Thought I?d start off by posting a trip report. This happened sometime last summer.

My folks had gone away, and I was home with my brother and a friend. We had all tripped together before on several occasions, so we at least felt we had some idea of what to expect. On this day, I decided to take 3 dried grams with the hope of attaining approximately a level 3 trip. My brother and friend took 2 grams each. I think the problem arose from the fact that I was running low on shrooms. I took out 2 grams each for the others first and they were all reasonably sized shrooms. I was left with a lot of much smaller shrooms, including a few aborts I'd kept hold of. Now I had heard that the small ones are just as potent as the large, so I tried to be a little cautious with the weight of my '3 gram' dose.

Very soon I realised I had gone too far! Within 20 minutes, much faster that it usually takes for me, I was seeing visuals similar to the peak of my previous experiences. I had naturally grown a little concerned by this point, 'Just how far is this going to go!' I thought, but was simultaneously becoming increasingly amazed by the stunning visuals that surrounded me. My room was away from our main house and contained my bed, a sofa, and 2 chairs, a computer desk, and an old drawer unit I kept my TV on. The sun was shining in through the window, creating sunbeams in the smoke from my friend?s cigarette. These sunbeams formed a lattice of light that filled the entire room, like a multi layered three-dimensional grid of light. Meanwhile, my room was becoming increasingly unrecognisable.

My drawer unit had turned very purple, and the cables from my TV trailing untidily down the front were writhing around like snakes. The reflections in the switched off TV disappeared into the distance like an infinite tunnel I felt I could probably crawl into. The purple of the unit was spreading, and soon, the whole room looked like it was covered by a purple, pulsating flesh, although not in an unpleasant way :smile:. At this point the room tilted quite suddenly to one side, and stretched off into the distance left and right. I felt as if I was lost in the back corner of my sofa, shrunken to elf like proportions. There was a small slot behind me, about the size of a letterbox and totally black in appearance. I couldn't actually see it, but I new it was there, and I felt myself being pulled towards it. My friends seemed far away at this time, and it felt like consciousness was rapidly slipping away from me. I had momentary fears that I was dying, as I had not been prepared for such a profound loss of mind and self.

I wasn't ready for this! Or certainly believed I wasn't, because I started trying to fight back. I pulled myself up on the sofa and began franticly talking to my friends, and frequently shaking my head to 'wake myself up', anything to keep me grounded. I kept this going for some time, and it was difficult to say the least. I have since come to believe that it was this sheer refusal to let go of reality that caused me to have such an unusual trip over the next 5 hours.

We moved inside to the house, and sat in my lounge for a while. I was trying to keep myself as active in the real world as possible, so I set about tidying up, and making cups of tea. Here was where the trip really differed from my previous experiences. During previous trips, it had taken me the best part of an hour just to find new batteries to put in a portable stereo, even though I knew where they were. It?s taken me an age to roll a joint with all the ingredients sat right in my lap. But here I was, further gone than ever before, and making tea with the greatest of ease. Tidying the house without pause for breath, constantly moving, constantly active. At some point throughout all this, I lost touch with my body. I could see it moving, doing everything I asked of it (with grace I might add), but I had no sensations or feeling what so ever. I felt like I could see my body from a clear foot above and behind my own head, my control over it mere puppetry. Walking from the kitchen with 3 mugs full to the brim that I could not even feel in my hands, I didn't spill a drop as my feet found there way down steps and over obstacles, providing me with no feedback other than visual that they were doing anything at all. It was like I was having an out of body experience, but my sheer refusal to let go kept me tethered a foot outside myself :smile:

For a moment my trip turned very dark. We had switched on my Mum's electric piano and started it running through its many demo songs. In the lounge, my friend had found a kitchen knife had been left around (very careless of me!). Being the sensible chap that he is, and given our state of mind, he thought he'd better remove it from the room. As he left the room with the knife in his hand, he was also laughing very hard at something my brother had said. Meanwhile, the piano had begun to play a very dark, moody tune. Hearing the tune I turned and was faced with my friend, red faced and grinning, clutching a large kitchen knife, walking towards me. In an instant the whole room seemed to go dark as fear took hold of me, and I began telling my friend to put the knife down. Of course, he did, but it left me shook up for a good hour.

At the end of the trip I was exhausted, and relieved to be back. I don't regret taking that bit too much that day. I have always planned to take a heroic dose at some point in my life. I think I have a better idea of what to expect on my way to that level. Hopefully I will have the strength to push on past it next time, and find out what was through that little black slot.

Trip2Far

:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: Trip Report : The little black slot [Re: Trip2Far]
    #4108367 - 04/28/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Cool trip report and welcome to The Shroomery!  :tongue2:

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Trip Report : The little black slot [Re: Oddish]
    #4108692 - 04/28/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

welcome! GOod TimEs ahead  :thumbup:

--------------------
:goose:

OfflineIrishNation
The Color Verde

Re: Trip Report : The little black slot [Re: Dimmy]
    #4108841 - 04/28/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Good post....but why is it called little black slot?

OfflineTrip2Far
Stranger
Re: Trip Report : The little black slot [Re: IrishNation]
    #4109956 - 04/29/05 04:50 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys.

Quote:

but why is it called little black slot?

"There was a small slot behind me, about the size of a letterbox and totally black in appearance. I couldn't actually see it, but I new it was there, and I felt myself being pulled towards it. My friends seemed far away at this time, and it felt like consciousness was rapidly slipping away from me. I had momentary fears that I was dying, as I had not been prepared for such a profound loss of mind and self."

Perhaps I should have emphasized this more in the report. This was the turning point of the trip when I felt like I was loosing my mind, or possibly even dying. The black slot was my event horizon, the closer I got, the stronger its pull, and I believed that if I got too close, my mind would have been lost forever.

I now recognize this for what it was, the dissolving of my ego to a degree I had never attained. The fear of death was the last desperate screams of my self perception, clawing for a grip on my mind.

And it got me too, damn it  :rolleyes:

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: Trip Report : The little black slot [Re: Trip2Far]
    #4110206 - 04/29/05 08:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

But next time you'll know just to let it all go.  :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder