Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilosomatic
Stranger
Integrating High-Dose Mushroom Trips.
    #4099492 - 04/26/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well these questions stem from the greatest trip i've ever had in my life a couple of weeks ago....

I took around 5 or 6 grams of dried mexican cubensis, and experienced ego-less, complete dissosociation (sp?) from my surroundings/self and entity contact amongst other things.

Let me tell you, that this was by far the most intense trip i've ever had.
I've taken LSD several times, as well as numerous LSA and mushroom trips before hand, and literately hundreds of K-hole dose ketamine experiences.......You may not believe me, but this topped all of those experiences (yes! I do think mushrooms are actually just as powerful as LSD , if not more powerful at high doses)!

Anyway, enough of the 'hype'!

My query/question is based on my inability to 'put the pieces back together' the following days after, and remembering what actually happened! Not that i didn't learn anything from the experience (I mean c'mon! Meeting an Alien species does change a bloke!), quite the opposite. It's just I feel I couldn't learnt a lot more from it!

This was the highest dose i'd ever taken. Previous doses were around the 25-40 gram (fresh) dose range.

So I suppose my question is (or actually questionssss), does it reach a point where with mushrooms the dose just becomes too high and you can't really integrate the experience because you are so dissosociated? Or does it just take a bit of practice and experience to learn what to make of such intense trips?

Basically, if i'm finding it too hard to remember the majority of my trip, and if I can't work out what my experience really meant, am I dosing too high?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Integrating High-Dose Mushroom Trips. [Re: Psilosomatic]
    #4100116 - 04/26/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Give it time. The longer you go, more of the things will come back to you. Before, on a high dose, I had complete amnesia right after the trip. Only later, as time went on, and I meditated on the experience, did some parts of the trip come back to me. Part of it is all in experience and that can never be grasped, but you will begin to remember  and understand your trip more if continue to think about it.

Getting high doesn't hurt either. :bongload:
And of course more tripping. :shroomer:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: Integrating High-Dose Mushroom Trips. [Re: mecreateme]
    #4100125 - 04/26/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I second mecreateme's comment... it's like alchohol... you will remember more as time goes on.

Invisiblexamginex
Stranger

Loc: Left side of USA
    #4100825 - 04/26/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Whenever I'm tripping, my brain feels like it's in overdrive. I think all of the information is stored and slowly processed over the next few days/weeks/months. I can never remember the details the day after, but over time, more of it comes back as your brain interprets everything and what you experienced can really start to make sense.

--------------------
-ALL POSTS ARE FICTITIOUS CREATIONS OF MY OVERACTIVE IMAGINATION AND IMAGINARY DIGITAL CAMERA-

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Integrating High-Dose Mushroom Trips. [Re: xamginex]
    #4101757 - 04/27/05 03:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Agreed with all the above. When writing a trip report I always find it takes about a month to do the experience justice, just writing down what I can remember usually triggers other recollections, and I find through redrafting that I come up with more even a couple of weeks after the experience. My wife and I also discuss our trips quite heavily during the following weeks and we usually end up reminding each other of things we'd forgotten. It takes time - so just let things drift gently back into your brain.

Also I have found that from experience memories from intense trips become easier to recall the more times you experience that level, I always take 5gs +, and nearly always reach ego loss - mind you going for a level 5 all the time isn't everyone's cup of tea.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4101995 - 04/27/05 08:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hi friend! The first time I took mushrooms, I took probably 4 grams or so, not knowing what I was doing at the time.

It was great for about 2 hours or so, until the effects overwhelmed me and I entered a dissasociative state. When I came out of it a couple of hours later and came down to a more manageable state, I regained awareness. However, I had and still have (years later) no memory whatsoever of anything occuring at that time. It is an empty space in my memory. I didn't learn anything from it, other than to respect our powerful allies.

I suppose that's the best lesson of all one can learn!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Integrating High-Dose Mushroom Trips. [Re: myndreach]
    #4102688 - 04/27/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Do you think about that trip often?
We are all recording everything with our mind. We just don't always have access to it. Somtimes it takes the right key.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
    #4107192 - 04/28/05 01:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosomatic said:
Meeting an Alien species does change a bloke

How does one know one meets an "Alien species," and not just an alien part of ones own unconscious?

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

Edited by wjames (04/28/05 01:48 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: Integrating High-Dose Mushroom Trips. [Re: wjames]
    #4107289 - 04/28/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Why does the distinction matter to you?

--------------------

OfflinePsilosomatic
Stranger
Re: Integrating High-Dose Mushroom Trips. [Re: wjames]
    #4108387 - 04/28/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

^^obviously it wasnt actually an alien species, just a projection of aliens from a part of my sub-conscious....

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #4108990 - 04/28/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hmm, i might get into some weird argument about that -

The aliens just peek through your subconscious, but they exist outside of it aswell, just not in our material terms. - inside/outside its all the same thing - the only difference is our perception of the matter.

OfflineThe.Hatter
Mycologist/Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Where Aren't I? U.K.
    #12583931 - 05/18/10 06:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

yes! I do think mushrooms are actually just as powerful as LSD , if not more powerful at high doses

YES!! YES!! FINALLY! They are the exact same trip! Fueled by the EXACT SAME KINETIC ENERGY. LSD is just a man-made vessel, for a natural trip.

--------------------

There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of Wonder, Mystery, and Danger
Some say to Survive it, You need to be as Mad as a Hatter...
Which Luckily I Am! ٩(-̮̮̃)۶

OfflineThe.Hatter
Mycologist/Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Where Aren't I? U.K.
    #12583939 - 05/18/10 06:29 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

My query/question is based on my inability to 'put the pieces back together' the following days after, and remembering what actually happened! Not that i didn't learn anything from the experience (I mean c'mon! Meeting an Alien species does change a bloke!), quite the opposite. It's just I feel I couldn't learnt a lot more from it!

It is very easy! Repitition is the key! Have a buddy with you, repetition to yourself, and to him, constant mental and or verbal communication about EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENING, and HOW REAL IT REALLY IS. I call it my "I'll explain the morning" Theory. It worked for me...since then, I can float upon sober meditation, I can explain things that ARE NOT EXPLAINABLE, with ease. I have become a higher being. I'm sooo ready to move on. But I have to continue teaching the secret to life...my time will come. I've already seen heaven. I KNOW it's real.

--------------------

There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of Wonder, Mystery, and Danger
Some say to Survive it, You need to be as Mad as a Hatter...
Which Luckily I Am! ٩(-̮̮̃)۶

OfflineShady J
Thought Criminal
Male

Loc: PNW, USA Flag
    #12584425 - 05/18/10 08:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Memory works in interesting ways; there's a theory out there that's called state-dependent memory, it's basically the story of the drunk guy who lost his keys so he gets drunk the next day to find them. I've found that if I smoke a lot of weed and meditate on the experience I tend to bring back the smallest of details from the trip. You should give it a try.

--------------------
"The thought police would get him just the same. He had committed the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it." -George Orwell

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract