Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Possible moudly shrooms, to eat or not to eat?
    #4106246 - 04/28/05 11:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hey all this is my first post although i've been reading up on the forums for a couple of months already.. and i regret having to start off my membership here with a stupid question, so i apologise, but here goes:

a week ago i harvested my first flush of homegrown shrooms ( and what a lovely satisfaction it gives!) and after 14 hours fan-drying, i had no choice but to put them in a sealed, sterilised glass jar for 4 days as i was leaving the house for said period. Now, the shrooms were dry to the touch and the caps were nice and crispy, plus the jar was being put in a cool, dark room (14*C i checked) the whole time.. when i got back home, the shrooms looked identical to when i left, however when i opened up the jar i noticed they'd turned softer than when i left them, and they no longer smelled like mushrooms but more like wine.. now, i put them to dry again and now that they're cracker dry, the smell is gone, and they look fine.. but i'm worried that in being stored when not completely dry (and bearing in mind the fact they smelled different) i'm worried that they lost their hallucinogenic properties / will give me massive food poisoning if i eat them.. please help me out they were 70-odd beautiful looking shrooms i want to save them if i can...

"You took too much man.. Too much.. Too much.."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Possible moudly shrooms, to eat or not to eat? [Re: Aeon01]
    #4110542 - 04/29/05 12:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

That's a difficult decision. The mushrooms weren't properly dried, that leads to a rotting process of the still wet portions. Normally, the microorganisms performing such rotting process are not harmful to your health, but local infections can be dangerous sometimes.
I'd say it's your call...

Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum