Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
Penis Envy & KSSS - how hard is it to create new spawns?
    #4106233 - 04/28/05 10:58 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I have been looking through my beginning strains and after a lot of research I am pretty much settled on Golden Teacher and either Lipa Yav or KS (these two seem to be about the same).

Now I am debating between KSSS and Penis Envy and although I am leaning towards the later (supposedly stronger?) I'd read that it doesn't drop many spores. Is that exagerated or is it a serious problem? As in, if I took all the caps that survived the growth and stuck them in the jar one after the other, would I have a good enough set of spores for extra batches or is there really a serious chance that it would be a one-shot deal? How forgiving are they of first timers? Anyone care to add more about this strain?

As far as KSSS is concerned I know its supposed to be a "Super" strain of KS, but does it really have the same properties as the parent or have people noticed a difference? (One or two people on here mentioned that it was mostly hype, what do you think?) I want to get LY or KS because they are supposed to be fairly strong so they might be good for newbies, did the KSSS maintain that property? Is there a significant enough difference between it and its parent strain and if so is there still a point to getting LY/KS?

(I apologyze if this post sounds similar to the 'best strain' one that seems to keep making the rounds and annoying people. In my defense, I am not asking about the other strains, I've done my research, and I just want to get more opinions about the rumors around these two in particular)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Penis Envy & KSSS - how hard is it to create new spawns? [Re: Nocforweb]
    #4106394 - 04/28/05 12:02 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

IF you do liquid culture, it's no biggie.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Penis Envy & KSSS - how hard is it to create new spawns? [Re: SoopaX]
    #4106476 - 04/28/05 12:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i dont like any thai cube they seem more weak than any other that i have tried and for the PE all you need to do is learn how to clone it and do agar work and remember all you need is two spores and spores are mycroscopic im sure you will get enough to use for your self its just vendors need a lot of spores to sell them cheaply and pe isnt good for that

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
Re: Penis Envy & KSSS - how hard is it to create new spawns? [Re: onetime]
    #4136259 - 05/05/05 05:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

*nod* makes sense, thank you very much - i've heard mixed reviews on the thai so i'll try one but i'll also get golden teachers to make sure i get a good mix, it will be interesting to compare them and see what each is like. thank you!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation