Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Erowid Update on LSD "Overdose"
    #4106188 - 04/28/05 10:42 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Reported "LSD Overdose" Not LSD

Summary
In October 2004, several newspapers reported that Gloria Discerni, a student at North Idaho College, had died after an LSD overdose. Initial reports stated that a friend of Discerni, another freshman named Cameron Jester, added somewhere between 6 and 12 "drops" or "hits" of LSD to her orange juice. Reports vary on whether or not she knew the material was in her drink (most suggest she did), and we do know that Jester also consumed the material. Discerni relatively quickly began having a negative reaction to the ingestion including vomiting and "slipping in and out of consciousness". Gloria Discerni went into a coma and was removed from life support three days later, on October 15, at the hospital.

Though initial reports identified the substance as "LSD", those of us familiar with the range of psychoactives quickly suspected that it was some other material, perhaps a research chemical such as 5-MeO-AMT. There are only one or two known deaths directly as a result of LSD ingestion, and rarely, if ever, is this sort of negative physical reaction seen to a dose of 6-12 hits. Toxicology results have now verified that it was, in fact, 5-MeO-AMT, not LSD.

Below is a dated record of the issue as it evolved. Six months after the original misidentification, an April 22, 2005 news blurb describing the sentencing of the person who gave Discerni the substance referred to police findings that it was in fact 5-MeO-AMT.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Erowid Update on LSD "Overdose" [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4106382 - 04/28/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You didn't have to tell me what it was. Of course, this report is not going to be given as much attention as "LSD OVERDOSE!!!!" Poor girl, I wonder exactly how much 5-meo she was dosed with.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Erowid Update on LSD "Overdose" [Re: gdman]
    #4106387 - 04/28/05 11:59 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, it's an awful situation. I hope I never, ever end up swallowing that shit.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4107663 - 04/28/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

That pissed me off, I knew it wasn't LSD from the start. Just more misinformation being spread....

That dude that dosed her went to my high school, and was a grade above me. Here is a picture of the article in my local paper, I posted it once before, it is RIDICULOUS.

If you don't want to read the whole thing, at least read that part that I highlighted in the third image.

"Teen Faces Charges in LSD Death"

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Erowid Update on LSD "Overdose" [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4108128 - 04/28/05 07:56 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, i've bought 5-MeO-AMT sold as acid 3 times already in the past year (white unperfed and liquid, but i also found white unperfed needlepoint at one time), and the first time the guy told me to take four hits or more. I'll never do that again, it has a chemical taste to it. LSD does not.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #4112036 - 04/29/05 07:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

5meo amt is some nasty sh.t in my opinion

i had it once
mean stuff

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Erowid Update on LSD "Overdose" [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #4112382 - 04/29/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Ive never done it but ive been around people on it. They didnt seem to have that good of a time.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service