Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedutch
Stranger
Loc: Midwest
S. Michigan
    #410367 - 10/01/01 05:57 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I've hunted psychadelic mushrooms with a passion, unfortunately with no apparent luck. But, I found something very interesting, at least to me. I'm not asking anyone to identify for me, but to comment if you've come across any similar mushrooms, especially in Michigan.
It was a VIBRANTLY purple/violet mushroom, almost flourescent, i shit you not. The cap was roughly four inches in diameter with brown gills. The stem was roughly four inches as well and the same vibrant purple. I didn't administer a spore print test, unfortunately, but it was awefully distinct from outward appearances. I found it in a biological reserve where mushrooms of the psychadelic variety are rumored to grow, but I don't really care about psychadelic qualities; I just want to know what the hell it is.

--------------------
"while we wait for the unitary world to come, since the wait is likely to be long, it is urgently necessary and entirely possible to repair and improve the fragmented world, which is the only world we have." - Michael Walzer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: S. Michigan [Re: dutch]
    #410502 - 10/01/01 08:24 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I forget which site it is... But there is a popular 'shroom site that lists what magic shrooms that are known to grow in most US states... As I recall there is a least six strains are claimed to grow in Michigan, once again NO CUBES. I lived there most of my life, and I never once heard of anyone finding them there. Some of them would be extremely hard to identify from very posinious ones as I belive that they DONT stain blue. Much research would need to be done to keep from killing one's self.

>>Jammer>>

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: S. Michigan [Re: Jammer]
    #410565 - 10/01/01 09:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

were in the same boat..i live in south michigan..havnt found anything but one pan subb..and im not even 100 percent sure it was a subb...

Osama Bin Laden

some say the end is near some say we'll see armagedon soon..certainly hope we will..i sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit.

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Offlinepyromaniac
addict
Loc: Oregon
    #410609 - 10/01/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I have found a mushroom very similar to that here in oregon while on a hike on Mt. Hood (mirror lake).  It was a very obvious violet/purple color on the entire shroom, I do not remember any other details unfortunately.

I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

--------------------
I admit it, Im a fungal-feliac :wink:
Support the FSR!

Offlineshroom_hunter
Loc: michigan
Re: S. Michigan [Re: pyromaniac]
    #411172 - 10/02/01 11:20 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i hunt like a mad man to and have seen alot of these mushies
i have yet to identify it though i have also found some that have very purple gills with a white cap
i would like to know as well as youif they are edible
were in mi are you located?

a person is only as ignorant as you make them out to be

--------------------
the only stupid question is one that goes unasked

Offlinedutch
Stranger
Loc: Midwest
Re: S. Michigan [Re: shroom_hunter]
    #411344 - 10/02/01 03:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I live in the Battle Creek/ Kalamazoo area. Hunting here is hopeless it seems, but i'm glad to hear reports from fellow Michiganders (that's probably not a word - let's just pretend it means Michigan natives) and I really hope that some of you have some luck - it would be a really gratifying experience after all the work put into the research and testing. Once again, good luck and safe hunting.

--------------------
"while we wait for the unitary world to come, since the wait is likely to be long, it is urgently necessary and entirely possible to repair and improve the fragmented world, which is the only world we have." - Michael Walzer

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
    #411526 - 10/02/01 05:34 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

lol..i know the term michigander..i live up the highway from kalamazoo

Osama Bin Laden

some say the end is near some say we'll see armagedon soon..certainly hope we will..i sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit.

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

Offlineshroom_hunter
Loc: michigan
Re: S. Michigan [Re: My Third Eye]
    #411584 - 10/02/01 06:25 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

there is some hope for michigan there are alot of fly agric var formosa (spl) i recently found fourty in one shot other than them i have had no luck finding subs or any thing else for that mater
i enjoy hunting alot though even though my fiance hates me going
keep it real

a person is only as ignorant as you make them out to be

--------------------
the only stupid question is one that goes unasked

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #411682 - 10/02/01 07:49 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I spent most of my life near Flint. I have actually found hemp up there growing wild in a field! It look like premo sativa, but the tops would not get a fly high. As for shrooms, I would try first looking on farms, then perhaps any wooded area. It is the right time of year, if there really up there.

>>Jammer>>

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinethebiggerfig
Re: S. Michigan [Re: Jammer]
    #422286 - 10/11/01 06:48 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

down here in kzoo i have a lot of psilocybe inquilina growing in my front yard. the shity part is, after doing research, i found out they don't have any good stuff in them, in other words magic mushrooms without the magic

shit happens, you just have to grow shrooms on it

--------------------
shit happens, you just have to grow shrooms on it

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale