Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
What I did tonight
    #4105929 - 04/28/05 05:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Tonight I decided to take a walk at around 11 pm. I like taking walks at night because nobody is out. I walked in the middle of the road most of the time. Plus, the night sky is beautiful. It was a mixture of light and dark purple clouds with a little bit of drizzle. I walked for about an hour to the highschool I used to go to. I happened to walk by the swimming pool and an idea popped into my head. I'd like to go swimming. So I hopped the fence and checked the water temperature. To my delight, the pool was heated. It was a little chilly outside but I had nothing better to do and I had gone through the effort of hopping the fence so I decided to do it. I made sure nobody was around for one last time and stripped naked. =) The pool was covered by mats so I made a little opening in a corner and slowly lowered myself in. It was just warm enough to be comfortable. I spent about a half hour in the water, mostly diving under and holding my breath for as long as possible. I've always liked to do this. Then I treaded water for about 5 minutes to get my body temp up and got out. I put my clothes back on and walked home. It was just like I was never there, even though what I did was technically trespassing. Screw that, though. As long as I don't mess anything up, I have ever right to hop a fence and use the pool - even if I did pee in it. =D

And just to tell another story.. this school has a football stadium on campus. There are 6 lights surrounding the stadium. They're big metal poles with lights on top, about 250-300 ft. tall. Ever since I first saw those lights, I knew that I wanted to climb one. They have metal bars on either side, which makes the poles easily climbable. So, one night while I was on a random walk I decided to do it. I'm scared of heights so I was full of adrenaline. I climbed the whole way up, only looking down a few times. It wasn't hard - it's just like climbing a big ladder. So I get to the top and stand on the platform. I was really excited to be 300 feet in the air. It was funny to me that I had decided to climb the pole even though it could have meant my death. I soaked in my own pride for a minute or so until I decided to sit down and rest before heading down. This is when I noticed a weird feeling, like I was on a boat. Everything was moving back and forth. At first I thought I was just lightheaded from being up so high. I've gotten that feeling before when looking down from the top of a light tower. So I shut my eyes and keep my body perfectly still. The wavy feeling continues. I open my eyes and look at the bars of the platform in relation to everything around me. That's when I notice that the platform is moving - and so am I. The pole was swaying back and forth in the wind. Time to get down! =D So I go back down in a hurried manner. I still make sure to keep a super tight grip on every rung, though. I'm not trying to die if I happen to lose my grip with one hand. By the time I get to the bottom, my arms are exhausted. My hands felt like they were pumped up to the max and I could barely move them. Now that's what I call fun. =) I walk away knowing that I'm likely to be the only person ever to climb that light outside of maintenance guys.

And a little side story. Tonight when I was walking home I happened to crush 2 or 3 different snails by accident. There were tons of them walking all over the sidewalk. I didn't mean to - they just happened to be in my path. I felt sorry for the snails because I just ended their lives for no reason. They got killed because I happened to be taking a leisurely walk that night. I guess that's life, though. Any of us could die at any moment for any reason. It's not right or wrong. That's just the way it is.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Re: What I did tonight [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #4105930 - 04/28/05 05:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hehe that sounds like a fun night. I love adventuring out late since everyones asleep.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: What I did tonight [Re: Jenny]
    #4105932 - 04/28/05 05:21 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you saved the lives of plants by destroying those evil snails

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: What I did tonight [Re: faslimy]
    #4105943 - 04/28/05 05:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That was a very interesting story.
Thank you for sharing.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: What I did tonight [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #4105978 - 04/28/05 06:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Nice story, night time is awesome. Were the light poles really 300ft high? That's insanely high for a light pole, haha.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

OfflineKapellimestari
mushroom dude

Loc: Finland
Re: What I did tonight [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4106004 - 04/28/05 07:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Heheh :P Nice action. Spontaneous and adrenaline-seeking adventures are the best :smile:
Man, I wish i could go climbing that way somewhere. :laugh:

LiveByFreedom, maybe they can be 300ft high, if it was a really big stadium..

Jump to top Pages: 1