Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Love Relations
    #4105925 - 04/28/05 07:06 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

There is a vast store of energy which is not centered, which is not ego's energy at all. It is the  energy which is the center-less dance of phenomena, the universe interpenetrating and making love to itself. It has two characteristics: a fire quality of warmth and a tendency to flow in a particular pattern, in the same way in which fire contains a spark as well as the air which directs the spark. And this energy is always on-going, whether or not it is seen through the confused filters of ego processes. it cannot be destroyed or interrupted at all. It is like the ever-burning sun. It consumes everything to the point where it allows no room for doubt or manipulation.

But when this heat is filtered through ego processes it becomes stagnant, because we ignore the ground, refuse to see the vast space in which this energy occurs. Then the energy cannot flow freely in the open space shared with the object of passion. Instead it is solidified, narrowed and directed by the central headquarters of the self to move outward in order to draw the object of passion into its territory. This captive energy extends out to its object and then returns to be programmed again. We extend our tentacles and try to fix our relationship. This attempt to cling to the situation makes the communication process superficial. We just touch another surface and get stuck there, never experiencing the whole being. We are blinded by our clinging. The object of passion, instead of being bathed in the intense warmth of free passion, feels oppressed by the stifling heat of neurotic passion.

Free from passion is radiation without radiator, a fluid, pervasive warmth that flows effortlessly. it is not destructive because it is a balanced state of being and highly intelligent. Self-conscioussness inhibits this intelligent, balanced state of being. By opening, by dropping our self-conscious grasping, we see not only the surface of an object, but we see the whole way through. We appreciate not not in terms of sensational qualities alone, but we see in terms of whole qualities, which are pure gold. We are not overwhelmed by the exterior, but seeing the exterior simultaneously puts us through to the interior. So we reach the heart of the situation and, if this is a meeting of two people, the relationship is very inspiring because we do not see the other person purely in terms of physical attraction or habitual patterns, we see the inside as well as the outside.

When there is a fundamental openness in a relationship, being faithful, in the sense of real trust, happens automatically; it is a natural situation. Because the communication is so real and so beautiful and flowing, you cannot communicate in the same way with somebody else, so automatically you are drawn together. But if any doubt presents itself, if you begin to feel threatended by some abstract possibility, although your communcation is going beautiflly at the time, then you are sowing the seed of paranoia and regarding the communcation purely as ego entertainment.

If you sow a seed of doubt, it may make you rigid and terrified, afraid of losing the communcation which is so good and real. And at some stage you will begin to be bewildered as to whether the communication is loving or aggressive. This bewidlerment brings a certain loss of distance, and in this way neurosis begins. Once you lose the right perspective, the right distance in the communcation process, then love becomes hate. The natural thing with hatred, just as with love, is that you want to make physical communcation with the person; that is you want to kill or injure them. In any relationship where ego processes are involved, a love relationhip or any other, there is always a danger of turning against the other. As long as there is a notion of threat or insecruity of any kind, then the love relationship will eventually turn into the opposite. :heart:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Edited by egghead1 (04/28/05 08:03 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Love Relations [Re: egghead1]
    #4105966 - 04/28/05 08:17 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting. :thumbup: :mushroom2:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Love Relations [Re: fireworks_god]
    #4106011 - 04/28/05 09:08 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

This whole-way-through direct communication might also produce a problem. Suppose you see right through someone and that person does not want you to see right through and becomes horrified with you and runs away. Than what do you do? You have made your communication completely and throughouly. If that person runs away from you , that is his/her way of commmunicating with you. You would not investigate further. If you did pursue and chase him/her, then sooner or later you would become a demon from that personal point of view. You see right through his/her body and he/she has juicy fat and meat that you would like to eat up, so you seem like a vampire to him/her. And the more you try to pursue the other person, the more you fail.  :crazy:

Perhaps you looked through too sharply with your desire, perhaps you were too penetrating. Posessing beautiful keen eyes, penetrating passion and intelligence, you abused your talent, played with it. It is natural with people, if they possess some particular power or gifted energy, to abuse that quality, to misuse it by penetrating every corner. Something quite obviously is lacking in such an approach (a sense of humour). If you try to push things too far, it means you do not feel the area properly; you only feel your relationship to that area. What is wrong is that you do not see all sides of the situation and therefore miss the humourous ironical aspect. :lol:

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
    #4106111 - 04/28/05 10:03 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

"Once you lose the right perspective, the right distance in the communication process, then love becomes hate."

When your girlfriend says the right distance is "no closer than 100 yards" with that restraining order, is that when you know the love has become hate?  Or is that when you need to say screw that piece of paper, my love will prevail over her hate.  I LOVE YOU BITCH!! 

"where ego processes are involved"

For 99% of people in or out of love relationships, ego processes are ALWAYS involved. 

"you want to kill or injure them"

Dangerous ego, in fact...

"As long as there is a notion of threat or insecruity of any kind, then the love relationship will eventually turn into the opposite. :heart:"

What do you mean by "a notion of threat or insecruity of any kind?  If your lover pulls out a 9mm and points it at you, then OK that's a threat and it might be time to leave.  Somehow I don't think that's what you mean, but all this talk of stalking, hurt, murder, and hate has me wondering... :blush:

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Love Relations [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #4106546 - 04/28/05 12:43 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
"Once you lose the right perspective, the right distance in the communication process, then love becomes hate."

When your girlfriend says the right distance is "no closer than 100 yards" with that restraining order, is that when you know the love has become hate?  Or is that when you need to say screw that piece of paper, my love will prevail over her hate.  I LOVE YOU BITCH!! 

:lol:

"where ego processes are involved"

For 99% of people in or out of love relationships, ego processes are ALWAYS involved.

Yes, that why 80% of maraiages end in Divorce, most of which do not end on good terms at all

"you want to kill or injure them"

Dangerous ego, in fact...

Indeed, domestic violence springs to mind

"As long as there is a notion of threat or insecruity of any kind, then the love relationship will eventually turn into the opposite. :heart:"

What do you mean by "a notion of threat or insecruity of any kind?  If your lover pulls out a 9mm and points it at you, then OK that's a threat and it might be time to leave.  Somehow I don't think that's what you mean, but all this talk of stalking, hurt, murder, and hate has me wondering... :blush:

:lol: you know what i mean  :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4106592 - 04/28/05 12:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

As long as there is a notion of threat or insecruity of any kind, then the love relationship will eventually turn into the opposite. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like some clarification on this statment also.

I have insecurities in my relationship. Random thoughts, fears ect.
I continually share these to the best of my ability with my partner.She says it's ok and I can feel all of my feelings. Our love continues to grow despite these fears of mine. I will alway love this woman. I know this because of who we are now. But I wouldn't call our love perfect? :heart: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Love Relations [Re: Icelander]
    #4106708 - 04/28/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yes!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#4106727 - 04/28/05 01:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
This whole-way-through direct communication might also produce a problem. Suppose you see right through someone and that person does not want you to see right through and becomes horrified with you and runs away. Than what do you do? You have made your communication completely and throughouly. If that person runs away from you , that is his/her way of commmunicating with you. You would not investigate further. If you did pursue and chase him/her, then sooner or later you would become a demon from that personal point of view. You see right through his/her body and he/she has juicy fat and meat that you would like to eat up, so you seem like a vampire to him/her. And the more you try to pursue the other person, the more you fail.  :crazy:

Perhaps you looked through too sharply with your desire, perhaps you were too penetrating. Posessing beautiful keen eyes, penetrating passion and intelligence, you abused your talent, played with it. It is natural with people, if they possess some particular power or gifted energy, to abuse that quality, to misuse it by penetrating every corner. Something quite obviously is lacking in such an approach (a sense of humour). If you try to push things too far, it means you do not feel the area properly; you only feel your relationship to that area. What is wrong is that you do not see all sides of the situation and therefore miss the humourous ironical aspect. :lol:

Even more interesting. :thumbup: :grin:

Perhaps as one penetrates another's front and then knows and is aware of this other person, one would also be in a position to know precisely in which way one can act in order to help heal this person, to prevent them from running away, to help them tune into the very awareness and knowing which one used to discover this other person in the first place? :wink:

Either that or one could enter stealth-knowing mode....  :ninja:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4106757 - 04/28/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yes Stealth Knowing mode, :lol: i like that :ninja:

Sometimes people run away from you because they want to play a game with you. They do not want a straight, honest and serious involvement with you, they want to play. But if they have a sense of humour and you do not, you become demonic. This is where the dance comes into play. You dance with reality, dance with apparent phenomena. When you want something very badly you do not extend your eye and hand automatically; you just admire. Instead of impulsivly making a move from your side, you allow a move from the other side, which is learning to dance with the situation. You do not have to create the whole situation; you just watch it, work with it and learn to dance with it. So then it does not become your creation, but rather a mutual dance. No one is self-concious becuase it is a mutual experience.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#4106767 - 04/28/05 01:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting. :thumbup:

:wink:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4106972 - 04/28/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

I would like some clarification on this statment also.

What further clarification on this statement would you like? To me it is pretty clear.

I have insecurities in my relationship. Random thoughts, fears ect.
I continually share these to the best of my ability with my partner.She says it's ok and I can feel all of my feelings. Our love continues to grow despite these fears of mine. I will alway love this woman. I know this because of who we are now. But I wouldn't call our love perfect? :heart: :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Speaking from personal experience i can say with some degree of certainity that this relationship will not last long unless you gain more stability within yourself. Doubts fester and turn even the best of relationships sour if left unresolved. This is something you need to work on with yourself, solwly in a gentle and skilfull manner, its no good to just let these feelings contune to manifest in your mind unexamined, and unresolved becuase they will just continue to surface more and more frequently with greater intensity until the love really does turn into hate.. There are many methods out there for working with these situations, find one that helps you the most and stick with it, I personally found Buddhist meditation to be a very effective for leaving these kind of thoughts as they are without judgement, so they eventually lose there power to condition, leading toward insight into the nature of mind. But to each his own, Good luck!  :thumbup: :heart: 

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (04/28/05 02:50 PM)

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

#4107024 - 04/28/05 02:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

"You know what I mean.  :wink:"

How could I know what you mean?  I have never met you, I don't know you, your state of mind.  Just stop parking in front of my house.  Leave me alone, you penetrating stare type of freak.  I know your type.  How the hell did you get my cell phone number anyway?  If you don't leave me alone, I WILL call the cops.

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4107033 - 04/28/05 03:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I know what you did last summer!!!
:rotfl: :egg:  :flowers: :oogle: :eek:  :oogle: :eek: :oogle: :sinister: :ninja: :sinister:  :ninja:  :sinister: :hellfire: :egg:  :rotfl:

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

#4107050 - 04/28/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Cool, this fall, winter and spring are in the clear.  Awright!!

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4107054 - 04/28/05 03:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well you never answered my question. And I never said I wasn't working on these issues.

I have to say  your post sounds like pie in the sky. I don't believe you have experience with the things you are saying. You seem a little like a preacher. No offense. :heart:

I find meditation to be a weak method for personal growth although it is helpful for certain things in the beginning. I also speak from experience. Committed doses of Power Plants do the trick for me. You have no idea how many meditators I know. I live in a town full of them. I have to say I am not impressed by what they do. You might be fooled into beliving what they say though. It is quite impressive.

Most Buddists practice it as a religion and that interests me nada. I see them on hot summer days in those robes and I just want to help them out and offer them a pair of shorts and maybe a skateboard. :grin:

I just wanted an answer to my question. I have no worries about the longevity of my relationship. I am very capable of dealing with that and it has already outlasted the critics. It grows in passion, power, love and respect, each day. Tantra is our work. Veritas is the name. :heart:

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#4107081 - 04/28/05 03:11 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Committed doses of Power Plants do the trick for me. 

Despite already knowing what power plants are, when I first saw you referring to your study of power plants in your posts, I always thought you were speaking of power plants, as in, electricity-generating facilities.... :lol:

Seriously. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

#4107089 - 04/28/05 03:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

"power plants, as in electricity generating facilities"

Well, those are important too  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#4107132 - 04/28/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah baby! Power is power! Lights on. Lights off. :thumbup: :grin: :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
 User Gallery

#4107142 - 04/28/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Clap off. Clap on. The Clapper.

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4107189 - 04/28/05 03:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Well you never answered my question. And I never said I wasn't working on these issues.

What question are you referring to? It seems to have eluded me somehow.

I have to say  your post sounds like pie in the sky. I don't believe you have experience with the things you are saying. You seem a little like a preacher. No offense. :heart:

None taken, I'm not trying to preach at you, I'm just expressing myself through personal experience. Whether you believe i have had experience with what I'm saying or not is not my concern. I feel no need to give you any credentials :lol:

I find meditation to be a weak method for personal growth although it is helpful for certain things in the beginning. I also speak from experience. Committed doses of Power Plants do the trick for me. You have no idea how many meditators I know. I live in a town full of them. I have to say I am not impressed by what they do. You might be fooled into believing what they say though. It is quite impressive.

That's why i said "But to each his own", meditation isn't for everyone, i know that and respect it, i was just saying what works for me as I have found it to be an indispensable tool for dealing with all kinds of problems in life. Applying compassion and mindfulness has helped me no end in my spiritual development. I'm not really concerned with how many meditators you know, there are many different types of meditators around, some are distraction meditators who like to sit with there eyes closed developing fantasies which further increases the habitual tendencies of the mind to distraction. Others are self-absorption meditators who shut off all of their senses consciously in devotion to god to be completely unaware and absorbed in a state of cessation, which also does,nt help much either, some just meditate with too high expectations and give up very quickly when their ego's get disappointed. There are many other kinds of so called "meditators', i have avoided there narcissistic methods in order to practice what i have discovered to be a true way the works for me. I'm glad that Power Plants have worked for you, Ive also been keen to try small doses of radioactive waste :lol: .

Most Buddhists practice it as a religion and that interests me nada. I see them on hot summer days in those robes and I just want to help them out and offer them a pair of shorts and maybe a skateboard. :grin:

Monks choose to become monks and can disrobe at anytime. For some Buddhism is very much a religion and it works for them, for others its a philosophy which also works for them, for others its a psychology of mind, for the very few open minded individuals with keen minds its just a pure spiritual path outside of any organized religion which relates directly with our human condition to bring about the discovery of liberation and happiness. The monks live the lives of renunciates, but the real renunciation is from the inside, this is what the Buddha taught, he never taught, schools, monasteries or traditions, he taught the four noble truths and the path to enlightenment, nothing more. 

I just wanted an answer to my question. I have no worries about the longevity of my relationship. I am very capable of dealing with that and it has already outlasted the critics. It grows in passion, power, love and respect, each day. Tantra is our work. Veritas is the name. :heart:

That's good, I'm glad you have found a method that works, i was only attempting to help and give a little advice since you posted your problems on this thread.

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (04/28/05 04:57 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology