Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
help me sleep again!
    #4105705 - 04/28/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I think I finally accepted the fact that Im addicted to pot. I never really thought that could happen...I always thought addiction was somethin that hapenned with harder drugs (needles in alleyways kinda visuals), but I think I've proven myself wrong. I decided to kick the habit for several reasons. 1) I think I'm slightly depressed...nothing major but something Id like to stop, and 2) I have bad social problems. I'm not aggresive or angry Im just completely lacking self esteem and I don't talk to people I don't know, even if its a buddys girfriend. I've always been SLIGHTLY depressed, it comes and goes, and the social problems I feel have been there since I was a child. I don't know how I got addicted to pot and I know I dont do it as often as some, but I'd do it daily or every other day and for me that was enough to get addicted. I'm now on day 6 of being sober and I realized that I havent been just having shitty nights of sleep for nothing. It's cause Im kicking the habit and getting some of the withdrawal symptoms from it. Sometimes I can get to sleep but its only for about an hour or two before I wake up or start tossing and turning to the point of barely being asleep. Is there anything I can do short of seeking medical help that will help me get to sleep? I don't particularly feel like taking medication like tylenol PM cause then I'll just stuck taking that all the time. I think I'm telling everyone this cause I know thers a lot of good people on these boards who can possibly help me. I think the best thing to do about the social problems would be to see a therapist. I don't know I'm just kinda down about everything. I finally realize my problem, try to solve it, and it seems like nothing I do is working to my favor lol. I couldn't just stop and be done with it, I had to get the sleeplessness and depression that comes with it! I don't know. I appreciate you guys just listening but if you could offer some advice I'd be more than greatful. Most of my friends smoke too and its kinda hard to quit when theyre all like noooo dont quit, but Im managing so far i guess.

sorry for the long paragraph, Im really tired and just rambling

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: punkgod94]
    #4105728 - 04/28/05 01:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4105807 - 04/28/05 02:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If you are using pot and feel slightly depressed and self medicating, then quiting might not be right for you.

An old woman on arthritis who stopped taking her arthritis medicine and started feeling a lot of pain wouldn't say "Ohh, I was addicted to my medicine, and I'm feeling pain from withdrawl."

Likewise a depressed person with social anxiety who cuts off their medicine shouldn't say "I feel like shit now, man that medicine is bad stuff."

If you sleep better and feel less depressed when smoking, you probably are self medicating. This doesn't mean always smoke. It means stop using it as a recreational drug for fun and start treating it like serious medicine.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: tomk]
    #4107328 - 04/28/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

don't blame the drugs.. :wink:

:sun: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: help me sleep again! [Re: Gomp]
    #4107411 - 04/28/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Exercise, drink lots of water, and eat well. Your body will forget that it wants some weed if you force it to recover from exercising. It'll also tire you out. About an hour or two before bed exercise your ass of! Try it...

Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: Gomp]
    #4108906 - 04/28/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry you got that impression from my post, but I never once said or meant to imply that drugs were to blame. I'm the one who got stuck on it, not the other way around. And as for the exercising thing, I think I'll definately give that a try...I've been thinking about joining a gym lately anyway. I think the fact that my grandmom just died last week might've had SOMETHING to do with both my quitting and my lack of sleep, but today I managed to get a solid 5-6 hours in so Im happy about that :smile: I'm still goin through crazy moodswings though. I just gotta hope it all passes soon enough though. And I don't think the pot really helped my depression at all so I dont think thats the problem. It was just a time killer to have fun and not be bored. I think the depression stems from my social problems so I'll probably look into a psychologist to get to the root of those problems. Thanks for everyones support though, and if anyone has anymore stories or suggestions please post them cause I think that talking about it helps me out a lot. Thanks guys!

Edited by punkgod94 (04/28/05 09:24 PM)

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: punkgod94]
    #4108928 - 04/28/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Im surprised no one has mentioned masturbation.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #4109113 - 04/28/05 10:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Masturbation is good.

If you have a pet, play with it more to stay active and make the pet happy.

But don't combine the two.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4109202 - 04/28/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have two pet mice who are taken very good care of :smile: And I whack off far too often for my own good haha

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4109382 - 04/28/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i haven't smoked weed in almost two years thanks to a very lengthy probation term  :frown:  i went through the same shit you described for about a week or so after i quit.  give it a month and i almost guarantee you won't be wanting it like you used to.  i go around friends all the time that smoke and i do still enjoy the smell but i'm not tempted to take a hit at all (of course this might be more because i am facing 10 years in prison if i break my probation) but pot is really a mental addiction, not a physical one like heroin.  it only takes a few weeks usually for you to return to normal and sleep well...just hang in there.  as for the depression and social problems, i used to be very unsocial but i've learned to overcome it years ago.  everytime i meet someone new or have to interact with a large crowd of people as i often do with my job, i just think how we're all one, there is no individual beyond the physical plane.  they're all my brothers and sisters.  that may sound ridiculous but it has worked for me every time i start to get nervous around new people or a large crowd.  try it out sometime and good luck

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinescarymidgets
hobbies consumeyou or youconsume them..
 User Gallery

Loc: brains bad
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: SuperD]
    #4109493 - 04/29/05 12:46 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

been smoking for 7 years daily i started to think man i wonder what its is like not to be blown ... didn't sleep for 2 weeks

working out helps but nothing puts me to sleep like public broadcasting late at night its like college courses or that guy that paints .. melatonin helped me sleep also something about pot depleting your serotonin levels or something helped my memory too

--------------------
PLs People this a drug info site some people may be on drugs. /flameing might make you feel smart but makes you look dumb.

cant stop me if i eat your soul.

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #4110118 - 04/29/05 07:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was thinking more along the lines of a dog... run and jump and throw sticks!

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: help me sleep again! [Re: BloodNOil]
    #4111636 - 04/29/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry you may have gotent that impression from my post, but I never once said or meant to imply that you said or meant to imply that drugs were to blame...

happy camping! :wink:
have a good one!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains