Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Am i becoming immune?
    #4105574 - 04/28/05 12:16 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ive heard some things about people building up a permanent tolerance to psilo/DMT over time. i myself have only had a few shroom trips and about 6-10 successful ayahuasca trips.

i found 4-5 fresh shrooms growing in some shit , dried it down to a crispy 3g, and ate it on a empty stomach. the trip was mild at best. have i been decieved about the potentcy of wild shrooms? from what ive heard, a couple shrooms are far more potent than anything grown. the thing is, these shrooms were really really blue after i dried em, if thats any direct indication of psilo content.

either that, or my MAO's in my stomach have built a tolerance to tryptamines, or im permanently tolerant to psilocybin. Either way, can someone offer any advice? Has anyone ever observed a permanent cross tolerance between ayahuasca/DMT and psilo?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River...
Re: Am i becoming immune? [Re: Abermelin]
    #4105864 - 04/28/05 03:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Depends on how you dried them. Extreme heat renders the active ingredients inactive.

Also? 4-5 shrooms. What kind? How big? Would they have = a dose dry?

All things you should consider.

Also, NO. As far as I've read, and I could be WRONG, there is no such beast as permanent tolerance.

Finally: I personally would just be grateful for nature giving me a nice free little mini-vacation and be glad for what you have instead of worrying about stuff you cannot control anyway.

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Am i becoming immune? [Re: efrog]
    #4105904 - 04/28/05 04:30 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My roommate has ate mushrooms on over 100 occasions and broke through on DMT more than mckenna (no joke there), and he can still trip fine, but he doses higher. My tolerance for mushrooms went up after 20-25 trips. I'm guessing the mushrooms just weren't very potent, or you heated them too much during drying.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: Am i becoming immune? [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4106361 - 04/28/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

used desiccant, no heat, no excessive oxidation. the guy i did the shrooms with told me my lips were turning blue as i was eating them. He did a 4.5g of some home grown and got a better trip than me.

they were psilocybe cubensis, little fat shrooms, i already told you how much they weighed dried.

if my lips were turning blue from the shrooms, it wouldnt make sense that i wasnt effected by them.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#4106379 - 04/28/05 09:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Why would that make sense?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4106412 - 04/28/05 10:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You build a tolerance, but that goes away, just space out your trips at least by two weeks or so and you'll be fine.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Am i becoming immune? [Re: gdman]
    #4106580 - 04/28/05 10:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Tolerance lasts longer in certain people, but im almost positive that there is no such thing as permanent tolerance. There is no possible way your body can force psilocin to not affect you at all. Everything you eat goes into your blood stream whether you like it or not. Your immune system might get really efficient at taking out the psilocin, but there is no way it could keep it from working completely.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Am i becoming immune? [Re: Veter]
    #4106735 - 04/28/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

AWWW cmon dude. Don't just think you are immune already. How naive.
Up your dose.
Plus, IME, wild are less potent than home grown ones. It seems you have been deceived.

Why don't you try five dried grams in total darkness. Then tell me you still have tolerance to them.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: Am i becoming immune? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4107214 - 04/28/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Plus, IME, wild are less potent than home grown ones. It seems you have been deceived.

can anyone confirm this? i had a suspicion that wild shrooms were all hype. My friend was telling me that people tend to think wild ones are better cause when they collect them, they eat them till their full, which i would estimate to an wet ounce.

either way, if im naturally more tolerant to shrooms, i was planning on taking an maoi to deactivate my tolerance temporarily so that i may get the full effects of my efforts.

now i wonder why more people dont do this...i guess ill have to wait and see what an maoi/shroom trip is like.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4107284 - 04/28/05 02:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

People do it all the time.
It is a long and powerful trip off less material than you would need to get there with just the shrooms themselves.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

#4107683 - 04/28/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

strange, all the trip reports ive read on erowid of this combo are mostly bad because people got a really intense trip that they couldnt handle. Figured the majority of shroomers do it socially and dont care for spiritual intensity.

I wonder if anyone has ever used B. Caapi with shrooms. im sure thats an incredible experience.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4110185 - 04/29/05 07:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I bet it would be along the same lines as using a lot of syrian rue.

It is called Shroomahuasca when you mix an MAOI in with the shrooms, whether it be from caapi or rue. Very common in mushroom choclates. It is an easy way to put like only a gram of shrooms in there but it will feel more like an eighth or more, and last two to three times as long.

Good mix, IMO, that is if you are looking for "spiritual intensity."

If you like the trips that you can't handle, be my guest!
Sounds just right for my pallete. :crazy2: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

#4111217 - 04/29/05 01:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

how much would you recommend doing for a spiritual journey? i was thinking of doing 4.5g. is that too much?

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4111258 - 04/29/05 01:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Whoa boy, if you think you are ready.
4.5 g plus an MAOI will have you tripping all day and night or longer possibly.

I would try 1 or 2 grams first, but if you are really ready for a spiritual journey, go for it. Though to tell the truth, you don't need that much if you are going to use an MAOI too.

One thing though, spiritual journeys are not easy. In fact, it will be the most insane, horrible, best, greatest thing that could ever happen to you. Whew paradox, its fucking funny, or is it?

And in case you have never reached a level where you felt better not knowing, then this journey will be a big shock for you. See my signature.

--------------------

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

#4114109 - 04/30/05 09:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Uh i turned the signatures off.

Am i ready for spiritual journeys? well, the only doses i like to do are heroic doses. I only ingest cannabutter (not the baked goods, straight butter), i only take mimosa/rue ayahuasca at high doses, and now im ready to see what shrooms can do since shrooms alone doesnt do anything.

And once i get the mushroom quanitity down, im going to take shrooms and ayahuasca together on an MAOI. I think then, and only then will my reality dissapate.

Yes, im ready to step into the spirit world.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4114184 - 04/30/05 09:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Cmon dude, show more respect to the mushroom.
You seem to have a predetermined path for yourself. Bad idea.

If you don't understand this quote, boy are you in for a surprise:
No ONE wants to know the ultimate truth. As soon as YOU find IT out, you want to forget IT.

Mushrooms don't do anything by themselves? Don't disrespect such a powerful fungus. What is your largest dose of shrooms by themselves?

Oh yeah, what you are taking is not Ayahuasca. Ayahuasca involves B. Caapi, or the "soul vine." Without the vine it is not Ayahuasca.

Do you know that psilocybin is 4-HO-DMT? That means that DMT and psilocybin are nearly identical. Shrooms are similar to an orally active DMT. Research?

Try a heroic dose of five dried grams of cubensis in a dark room. Then tell me shrooms don't do anything by themselves. :gonzo:

***Be nicer here***

--------------------

Edited by gdman (04/30/05 09:51 AM)

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

#4114444 - 04/30/05 11:36 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

9.5g dry, did it in the woods. mediocre trip, transcendental, but the imagination was not too great, and the visuals were non existant.

i know DMT and psilo are nearly indentical, which shows that eating mushrooms without an maoi is just a pointless as drinking ayahausca without an maoi.

predetermined path? my only path is that im willing to learn whatever these chemicals have to teach me. ive already learned that to truly understand, you have to leave the body, that means complete submersal into the "other" world.

see, the thing with the ultimate truth is, its not that once you learn it you want to forget it, its that by the time you learn the ultimate truth, you wont be able to remember it. The ultimate truth lies within a realm that memory cannot touch.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4114468 - 04/30/05 11:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What you need to understand is that psilocin, with it's HO functional group, is active orally. It sure is not "pointless" to take it without an MAO-i. Why do you think the shroomery exists?

The HO group sitting on that position allows it to be orally active, chemistry is a very interesting subject. Add one atom here, or change the positions of certain atoms and you can change the properties of chemicals.

As for why you are not satisfied with your experience, I don't know, maybe you're expecting too much :shrug:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: Am i becoming immune? [Re: gdman]
    #4114488 - 04/30/05 11:51 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

true, psilocybin could just be a weak chemical, psychoactively speaking. well, if the HO group makes it orally active, then why is it that an maoi potentiates it? does part of the molecule get broken down while the HO part goes to your head (without an maoi)?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#4114496 - 04/30/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Psilocin is NOT a "weak" chemical, far from.

--------------------

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

#4114651 - 04/30/05 12:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Certain substances, HINT*HINT*
Whisper: psilocybin,
Allow your mind to wrap around the truth. It is true that in normal consciousness, you cannot remember it at all, you know why, because it is not a thing to be remembered, it is an experience.

However, you can know, and know it in FULL when in the depths of a psychedelic experience. It is just as the drug wears off, the ability to understand it goes down the drain.

:heart: :sun: :grin:
Seriously, peace, I didn't mean for that other post to sound mean, it is just hard to nicely tell someone how they disrespect mushrooms.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies