Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

Drug Education in Today's Schools
    #4104928 - 04/27/05 11:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well I was outside today in my car and I overheard 2 passing teenagers, they looked to be in at least grade 10-11. Here is the conversation I overheard.

Guy: Someone told me Mushrooms make your brain bleed
Girl: NO SHIT SHERLOCK, OF COURSE MUSHROOMS MAKE YOUR BRAIN BLEED..

And this was not in a sarcastic tone at all... all I could do is laugh my ass off... so what the hell is going on today. I mean if kids are really believing stuff like that, god knows what else they believe. So who's to blame in this whole scenario? I really believe truth is the only way to get through to these kids.

Meth is becomming a HUGE problem in the area I live and more and more kids are doing it. So if kids think Meth is OK, and Mushrooms make your brain bleed somthing is terribly wrong with this scenario.

Opinions?...

But then I got to thinking, maybe the thousands of resources and scientific refrences on this site are WRONG and mushrooms REALLY do make your brain bleed.... Then my ears started to bleed and went to the hospital haha kids...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Drug Education in Today's Schools [Re: Cenebite]
    #4104937 - 04/27/05 11:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ignorance is to blame for everything

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4104941 - 04/27/05 11:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Drug education? Propaganda is not education. And most of the stupid shit you hear nowadays is passed from all the "straight edge" kids who think they know everything about the downsides of drugs.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: Drug Education in Today's Schools [Re: DNKYD]
    #4104948 - 04/27/05 11:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

and the straight edge kids who grow up to be self righteous adults who pass it on as truth

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
    #4104957 - 04/27/05 11:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I hate it when people talk about stuff they have no experience in, especially drugs.

--------------------

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
Re: Drug Education in Today's Schools [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4104959 - 04/27/05 11:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Long ago my grandmother told me straight up.... "Ashley when You're older you'll understand what I'm about to tell you... but hallucinogens are only for the strong minded" Many parents/gaurdians have experimented and they need to let their kids no what's up. It's not the teachers/school systems job to do so.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

#4104960 - 04/27/05 11:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't understand why we can't just educate kids with the TRUTH and not this bull shit propoganda they keep hearing! I mean if they really wanna do somthing there gonna do it anyways regardless of what the teachers tell them, but if they knew the TRUTH then maybe at least they could make a wise decision based on FACTS not damn propoganda....

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4104968 - 04/27/05 11:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If the schools told the truth about drugs that'd be one step closer to a logical drug policy. Our government wants no part in that.

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

#4104970 - 04/27/05 11:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It really scares me to because I have 4 youngers brothers and sisters who are just now getting into grade 9-10 right around that age where you'll believe anything. And the household they grow up in is VERY sheltered, not much is talked about.... i'm thinking I have to take matters into my own hands...

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

#4104981 - 04/27/05 11:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know where I got my methadology from but I always believed in research before experimentation... theres too many kids nowadays willing to swallow anything to get high. Timothy Leary said it best...

"Think For Yourself, and Question Authority"

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4104990 - 04/27/05 11:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You might as well do it. Whenever I heard some stupid kid in my highschool say something like "LSD stays in your spinal cord for your entire life. That's how you get flashbacks" I would

1. Laugh hysterically in their face
2. When I was done laughing proclaim "you are dumb as shit"
3. Correct their ignorant claim and tell them not to spread blatant lies

I've heard quite a few doozies, even from people I thought wouldn't buy into that kind of shit. Reagan said "just say no". I join the responsible drug users in a heartfelt "JUST SAY KNOW"

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

#4104997 - 04/27/05 11:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Wise decision... if you feel your sibs can understand what you're talking about, it's a great idea. My little sis is a senior in highschool, we have a pretty good relationship and when she and her friend discovered mushrooms earlier this year the first thing she did was ask me... I explained to her and her frind what it was about, what happends, pros vs. cons etc. I let them think about that for a while. When they decided they were ready to try I was their babysitter and I think both of them are the wiser for it.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#4105002 - 04/27/05 11:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cenebite said:
I don't know where I got my methadology from but I always believed in research before experimentation... theres too many kids nowadays willing to swallow anything to get high. Timothy Leary said it best...

"Think For Yourself, and Question Authority"

I was, and still am, the same way. I will not put anything in my body without know what it will do, what consequences there will be, what harm it may do to my body, etc. etc. Too many irresponsible kids just do whatever to "get fucked up". Fortunately some of them are dumb enough to remove themselves from the gene pool and spare us further stupidity down the line.

OfflineCenebite
Closet CaseShroomer
 User Gallery

Re: Drug Education in Today's Schools [Re: i_rage_against]
    #4105009 - 04/27/05 11:48 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I would so definitly be for that, I mean I would MUCH rather have my little sis do it under my supervision, with an experienced guide, rather then out at some randoms house...

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

#4105021 - 04/27/05 11:50 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

That is exactly how I felt. I know my sister well enough to know that she is in a time of her life were experimenting is inevitable (sp?). She feels that she can trust me and that works out very well for our relationship. I would soooooooooooo rather be with my sister when she tries something for the first time than have her be at some strangers house or some dumb teenage boys house. I would sacrifice any night of the week for my sisters further education... know what I mean.

--------------------

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC Flag
    #4105088 - 04/28/05 12:07 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So many people tried telling me that shit in hs and they never enjoyed hearing how wrong they were :shrug:

"acid and shrooms make your brain bleed, dude! that's why you trip and see mickey mouse and shit!"
yeah... jump off a cliff, dipshit

--------------------

Offlinebatou
artist

Loc: colorado
Re: Drug Education in Today's Schools [Re: mantis]
    #4105190 - 04/28/05 12:32 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

in middleschool my brother graduated to pof the class from a D.A.R.E. program, now he's one of the biggest pot smokers i've ever known...

there is something going on with the american retards that makes them think that teaching abstanence form sex and drugs is the way to "educate" imho it only makes the already curious dead set on doing what ever it is (and in most instances, the said person does whatever in excess).

as for straight edgers; i worked with one when i sold art supplies. when ever someone came in inebrated she passed them to me because "you know how they think". it usually made my shift easier because those customers where more relaxed than "mary-homemaker-looking-to-uplift-her-miserible-life". but her ignorance pained my soul, if i could have i would have split her jaw!
she didn't know shit,
most of them don't know shit,
so stay the shit away away from me!

--------------------
The multiple troubles of man,
My brother, like slander and pain
Amaze you? Consider the heart
That holds them all in strangeness
And doesn't break.
"The Dude abides..."--jeffrey lebowski

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #4105201 - 04/28/05 12:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

did you know that kids that go through the DARE
program are something on the order of 2 times
as likely to be arrested for drug related crimes in
their teens.

the program is nothing more than a thinly veiled
attempt by the state to turn kids against their parents
all on your dime.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4105250 - 04/28/05 12:51 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cenebite said:
I don't understand why we can't just educate kids with the TRUTH and not this bull shit propoganda they keep hearing! I mean if they really wanna do somthing there gonna do it anyways regardless of what the teachers tell them, but if they knew the TRUTH then maybe at least they could make a wise decision based on FACTS not damn propoganda....

Thats when good parenting comes in to play.

There are many things that I have had to teach my daughter about the "real world" she is about to walk into.

Take a pov like the Christians...."Go fourth and prosper" (make sure you get all your friends involved too  :wink: )

Get married.

Have LOTS of kids.

Teach them the truth about drugs.

In 20 years or so you may have affected the gene pool with enuf people to change the way our government sees things.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #4105428 - 04/28/05 01:36 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i will be the first to agree that schools spread a lot of mis information.  but to be fair the kids spread a LOT more than schools.  perhaps its root is drug talks in class, internet, tv, books, talking etc etc.

i heard WAY more twisted half truths from "burnout" kids than the school or the cath's.  i found that tehy just needed to talk about it.  right or not, jsut needed to chat and show they "know" somthing.

school is what got me into drugs.  this is not a stab at them, its actually a godo thing.  we had a science project.  we could pick from ANY drug we wanted and we were to do research and a report on it.  i was actually fairly impressed.  tehy set us loose on teh net, library etc to freely roam (first time i found shroomery was cause of that project).  i chose peyote, and that jsut got me hooked.  not on drugs, jsut on the history and biology of it.  id already been breeding animals and palnts for a few years so i was all gung ho.  that jsut got me looking into more drug plants.  still do actually.

they are getting better.  i have blazed with some teachers in high school, those same ones have some things to say about hard drugs like mushrooms though :lol:  perhaps thats due to the massive amounts of liberty caps around the place (which i just recently learned, damn!).

lastly id like to coment on the meth thing.  i really feel you on that one.  when i was in middle school i remember quite clearly the older kids and moreso the older high school kids were very large into lsd, weed, and coke.  coke was actually very big.  still is.  but i am noticing a very obvious shift from coke to meth.  i guess its teh price?  doesnt matter.  fact is more and more KIDS are taking METH, and the school si have never heard any mention of any sort of amphetamine (sp?) cept e (think is is one of those???). 

bandwagon is what its all about.  this is how schools work.  they need the community to be happy or people start getting the can.  so if there is lots of publicity about car crashes, they go all out on safety and such.  i should mention that at every school i have attented tehre was NEVER 1 driving related class (shop doesnt count).

anyway schools are a hot topic for me.  i went thought lots of stuff in that system, parents worked for the school board and had many family friends working there.  got the inside scoop and said so many things i shouldnt which ultimatly fucked me in many ways.

the best advice i ever got regarding school was a catchy bumber sticker.

"A closed mouth gathers no foot."

they dont want to hear truth.  aside from their checks, they want a's and for you to appreciate them.  its really that simple.

like punching a stone.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Community >> The Pub