Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Help! I had a Seizure While Tripping?!
    #4091542 - 04/24/05 12:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Last night me and 3 of my friends ate 5 grams of my home grown mushrooms. It was a really mystical adventure until I started having some kind of seizure. I thought I was going to die it just slowly crept up on me. I blacked out and fell to the ground and landed on my head really hard. It felt like I was dead one of the worst feelings you could ever have. I could here my friends yelling my name trying to snap me out but in my mind I everything was rumbling like a helicopter.I had no judgment I could only here my friend voices then all of a sudden I snapped out of it. I had another one like 2 minutes later and I thought I was going to die. My friends said my face turned really green as if I was dead and were about to call the hospital. I was so scared I was going to die and Im afraid Ive done some kind of damage to my brain. I was wondering if anyone had any kind of experience like this? I dont know if I should take mushrooms again and if that could some how risk my life. I remember when it started to happen it was like hearing a helicopter coming from the distance aproaching in my mind louder and louder. I dont know what to do and some help I could use. :frown:

Edited by p4kSouL (04/24/05 03:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Help! I had a Seizure While Tripping?! [Re: p4kSouL]
    #4091649 - 04/24/05 01:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

this actualy happened to a friend of mine.... he doesnt take psychedelics anymore because of it (he used to take a whole lot then one day he siezed... then the trip after that the same thing happened).

looks like the short version of this story is you might have to give up psychedelics...

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4091830 - 04/24/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Black outs are fairly common on shrooms... I think it has something to do with blood sugar levels.

As for the seizure, I'd say that part was probably from landing on your head really hard.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I don't think the shrooms caused the seizure, so you could probably do them again... but certainly not until YOU feel like you should do it again. That sort of thing.

My 2.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Help! I had a Seizure While Tripping?! [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4091976 - 04/24/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have low blood pressure maybe that caused it?

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #4092102 - 04/24/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This kind of happened to me once...

We just finished smoking a large blunt, and we were all on 3g's of good shrooms. My friend said that he didn't feel very good and the look on his face was really negative. I got a really bad vibe all of the sudden, I started to get REALLY hot and my vision began to blur. I stood up and started to take off my shirt because I was burning up, then all of the sudden I felt really cold and started to dry heave. At one point, all I remember seeing is white, nothing else. I snapped out of it, but I think that I almost blacked out. Probably had a lot to due with the pot.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4092343 - 04/24/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:

The symptoms you described (that thud-thud-thud-thud noise especially!) are pretty common when blacking out due to low blood pressure and/or low blood sugar.

I've passed out a few times NOT on anything due to low blood pressure, and I get that EXACT same noise when it happens.

The other thing is, I don't think you would be conscious enough during a seizure to think about anything. I know there are some minor types of seizures where you don't lose consciousness, but those are all conditions on their own not cause by mushrooms.

I had a good friend in university who had epilepsy, and he said that he could never remember anything from a few minutes BEFOER the seizure starts until a good 5-10 minutes after it was over. It was fucking scary shit seeing it happen the first time, before he had told any of us he had epilepsy :confused:

Though I'm no expert on seizures, so you may want to ask a doc.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #4092426 - 04/24/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Had you done any other substances apart from shrooms when you had this experience???

I've witnessed people black out and fall to the floor from weed alone.

--------------------

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Help! I had a Seizure While Tripping?! [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #4092453 - 04/24/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

nope just shrooms. It happend at about the 4th hour when I was coming down. It was totally unexpected. I feel really depressed today.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4092946 - 04/24/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:

That would be my guess....

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4093247 - 04/24/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you had some low blood pressure and you bout fainted. Being on shrooms made it feel very intense. I have low blood pressure in general and i know exactly what helicopter sound your talking about. Sometimes if im smoked up real good and stand up to fast i get real lightheaded.

Ive also seen 2 of my friends about pass out from low bloodpressure as well.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#4093960 - 04/25/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've also had a friend pass out after drinking, taking some sort of upper, and smoking a lot. He had been sitting down for a long time, and as soon as I he stood up he told me he was feeling a little lightheaded. We walked up to the kitchen and he suddenly dropped right to the floor. He woke up about a minute later.

I don't think any of us here are experts, and maybe you should consult your doctor in case there is an underlying medical issue here.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Help! I had a Seizure While Tripping?! [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #4104120 - 04/27/05 07:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So what could I do to prevent these "black outs" on my next trip? How could I increase my blood pressure? Pizza?

Edited by p4kSouL (04/27/05 07:07 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4104182 - 04/27/05 07:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Get really fuckin pissed :wink:

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4104283 - 04/27/05 07:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

p4kSouL said:
So what could I do to prevent these "black outs" on my next trip? How could I increase my blood pressure? Pizza?

Keep some candy or fruit with you... if you feel lightheaded, eat some candy or fruit. This will raise your blood sugar level and you will start to feel better.

P.S. Don't use hard candies...  :grin:

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4104684 - 04/27/05 08:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i get seizures. that doesn't sound like a seizure thing at all. if you have a grand mal you tend to lose consciousness.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Help! I had a Seizure While Tripping?! [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #4104902 - 04/27/05 09:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

grand mal?

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
    #4109289 - 04/28/05 11:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

do shrooms lower your blood pressure? I read that they actually increase your blood pressure is that true? So it couldnt be a blood pressure issue. Maybe I did really have a seizure?

Offlinescarymidgets
hobbies consumeyou or youconsume them..
 User Gallery

Loc: brains bad
    #4109512 - 04/29/05 12:54 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

what you decribed with the helicopter noises i have had the same thing no mushies involved tho happend when i hit my vaporizer with some chronic bublonic plague every thing went hazey and i could still hear everyone around me i just blacked out and hit the ground like a limp noodle... i just figured i didnt breath enough air

i had a buddy who had seizures and he would just straight out start shakein and his body would just stretch out like he was reachin the sky and fall scary shit if you dont know whats goin on..

--------------------
PLs People this a drug info site some people may be on drugs. /flameing might make you feel smart but makes you look dumb.

cant stop me if i eat your soul.

Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool
Re: Help! I had a Seizure While Tripping?! [Re: scarymidgets]
    #4109545 - 04/29/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well Ive been searching around for information on seizures. I read Seizures are caused by "Anything that disturbs the normal pattern of neuron activity". Obviously psilocybin reaches in that area so I guess im not to surprised if it really was a seizure. Also I read there are a ton of different kinds of seizures. You dont have to necessarily be shaking physically to have a seizure. I think people need to realize that seizures can also be a risk when taking psychedelics.

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4115975 - 04/30/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Grand mal, petite mal. the bigger and larger seizures. grand mal being the full out convulsions on the floor and shit. To my knowledge, a seizure is when there is some kind of electronic problem within the brain and instead of some things, neurons or synapses, something stays on instead of turning off and the electronic signals bounce back and forth between the brain untill resolved.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order