Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
High from handling?
    #4036752 - 04/10/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

SWIM was recently cutting and handling a fair amount of blotter. He took care to not touch the tops and bottoms of the prints, just for aesthetic purposes/prints. Hand moisture was constantly kept under control too for obvious reasons. Even with these precautions, after about an hour of handling just the edges, SWIM was effected by the LSD which was not incredibly intense, but noticeable to himself and his partner. The next day a typical afterglow followed.

The question is, have you or someone you know experienced effects from simply handling blotter? Did LSD particles spill out of the cross sections to SWIM's willing fingertips? Was the blotter poorly laid? I'm hoping for some answers from the more experienced crowd. I know it is said that merely being in the presence of a quantity of LSD can alter your consciousness, but can you actually trip off of handling well-laid blotter?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStonerware
That Guy
Loc: East Coast
Re: High from handling? [Re: Organic]
    #4037226 - 04/10/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Damn right you can. Maybe a slip here or a jolt there, maybe you touched the inside a bag that conatined some... who knows, but it happens... all the time. Even when you don't want it to.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody in the world who tries to makes us uncomfortable." HST

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4037232 - 04/10/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i've only heard stories. i don't think i've ever handled blotter long enough for it to effect. i'm very paranoid about ruining my acid, so i hardly touch it.

but hoffman got high from handling the stuff; that's how he realised it was extremely psychoactive.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: High from handling? [Re: Stonerware]
    #4037237 - 04/10/05 01:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Read the LSD crystal to blotter thread.

SWIM? I hear this name, it sounds like too many people think this guy is cool. Yet never seen a post.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: High from handling? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4037286 - 04/10/05 01:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, Someone Who Isn't Me is a very cool guy  :grin:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: High from handling? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #4037522 - 04/10/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you, been wondering for awhile. :heart:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
    #4043437 - 04/11/05 10:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Now posted:  Handler available to work weekdays and weekends.  No pay required.  Able to start immediately.  :smile:

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlineezkiel
IV:XX
Re: High from handling? [Re: Grizzy]
    #4044056 - 04/12/05 02:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

LMAO Grizzy.

--------------------

I've made  few spore choices in my life. :mushroom2:
Chop... Drop... and Roll

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4045679 - 04/12/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the input everyone, it definetly happens. I've mostly worked with liquid in the past (in the mid 90s) and know it can cause equivalent effects to oral dosing from skin absorption so I wasn't too sure about blotter. I have gotten high unintentionally a few times now from this batch now so case closed :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: High from handling? [Re: Grizzy]
    #4045701 - 04/12/05 12:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Grizzy said:
Now posted:  Handler available to work weekdays and weekends.  No pay required.  Able to start immediately.  :smile:

:yesnod:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: High from handling? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4045752 - 04/12/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have been dosed before without knowing, it's not fun. I shook a bunch of peoples hands that day, I think someone had something on their hands or deliberately put something on me. You definately can get high from touching it...

My friends mom was a probation officer a few years ago, and she told me a story about this kid who sold acid, and who was running from the cops. Supposedly he got scared and put his "sheets" into his pocket and it soaked through his pockets because of sweat. He ended up jumping off a bridge onto the freeway breaking both his legs, and then getting up and trying to run away with two broken legs while cars were swerving around him doing 55! Imagine what he was thinking right then.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Re: High from handling? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4046003 - 04/12/05 01:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Classic myth story a little changed. Everybody has got one these stories to tell you. I am surprised it didn't end with the kid in a ward thinking he is a glass of orange juice.

--------------------

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4046332 - 04/12/05 02:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you read Chinacat's LSD crystal-to-Blotter thread, he mentions that pure Crystal is so potent that the air surrounding it becomes intoxicated. My assumption is that if your handling enough LSD (i.e. laying it on blotter or anything else), your gonna get high whether your careful or not.

"While your doing all this you get very,very high. As soon as you open the jar of crystal it intoxicates the air. Most people were rubber gloves when doing this some don`t. Just don`t have any plans after wards."

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1287892/page//fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: High from handling? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4046879 - 04/12/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

that kinda reminds me of slc punk... when the dude puts the sheet in his pants.. then they get soaked.. haha

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: High from handling? [Re: diablovt1125]
    #4047297 - 04/12/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

diablovt1125 said:
If you read Chinacat's LSD crystal-to-Blotter thread, he mentions that pure Crystal is so potent that the air surrounding it becomes intoxicated.

you have to touch it...it doesn't travel through the air.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: High from handling? [Re: TODAY]
    #4048259 - 04/12/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Your most likely right, but the general idea is that LSD is such a powerful chemical, that being it's presence can have an effect on one's psyche, be it a product of the mind, the drug, or both...

But then again, I'm no expert....

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4102680 - 04/27/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Update: here is some relevant information on Erowid:

Quote:

Q: Can LSD be absorbed by anything? Like door- knobs, remote controls, etc. Many of my freinds use LSD and I am afraid of coming into contact with this substance. Any info you can give me would help me out alot.

A: Because LSD doses are quite small, it is possible that enough material could be absorbed through the skin to produce effects. More of an issue is the absorption of LSD through mucous membranes such as the nose, mouth, or eyes. A person who gets LSD on their hands (generally only an issue with liquid LSD) and then touches their mouth or nose, or rubs their eyes, could absorb some of it.

Regarding your friends who use LSD: the chance of any appreciable amount getting on furniture and then being transmitted to you is quite small. The primary reports of this type of accidental transference are in places where LSD is being manufactured or large amounts of liquid LSD are being handled, placed on blotter, etc. In these cases, large enough quantities might be present to more easily be absorbed through the skin.
Asked By : Harpua
Answered By : Sophie
Date : 11 / 7 / 2001
Question ID : 2838

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2838

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: High from handling? [Re: diablovt1125]
    #4104757 - 04/27/05 09:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

diablovt1125 said:
Your most likely right, but the general idea is that LSD is such a powerful chemical, that being it's presence can have an effect on one's psyche, be it a product of the mind, the drug, or both...

But then again, I'm no expert....

it would be a product of the mind.  lsd is a chemical compound, just like any other compound...well, sort of :wink:.  crystal in a jar will not contaminate the air and get people high...and unless the chemicals can permeat glass, it will do nothing in your hand except maybe create some placebo "vibes" or something in head.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: High from handling? [Re: TODAY]
    #4104840 - 04/27/05 09:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I got a buzzed from moving 8 hits from one container to another, although I did just grab them not worrying about touching the tops or bottoms of the doses.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinejtk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: High from handling? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4104893 - 04/27/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't realize that handling blotter could hurt it. Could too much handling cause it to lose its goodness? A buddy of mine recently got some blotter and took 2 hits. It didn't have any noticable effects. Either it was shitty, or possibly had been handled too much.

--------------------
Don't let your brain tell your mind it can't feel

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder