Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegmand38
Stranger
Shrooms. HPPD and weed
    #4104246 - 04/27/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Last week I did shrooms for the first time. They were cubensis. I took the whole 3.5 grams. I had 2 friends who just got stoned with me and watched/drove me around.

I have a question, why do people suggest tripping with a watcher? I ask because for me the more intense my trip got the more frusterating and perplexing any spoken social interaction became, it really marred what could have been an amazing trip because I kept drifting off but theyre presence really dragged me back to reality in a bad sort of way.

Is it pretty common to prefer tripping alone as opposed to with a friend?

One other question. Since then every time Ive gotten stoned there has been a MUCH increased visual aspect, when Im chilling and listening to music I can relax and all the sudden my entire field of vision is wavy and distorted along with the beat, also things like cars often "twitch" when Im looking at them, its hard to explain but its like theyre very suddenly moving off in some random direction them immediately going back. Is this normal? The reason I ask is because I dont want it to get any worse, Im really looking forward to doing shrooms again but Ive also read alot about HPPD and defintly am watching out for that.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Shrooms. HPPD and weed [Re: gmand38]
    #4104482 - 04/27/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

To the first question... the only reason why people say have a "sitter" is so if you do freak out, you'll have a companion with whom to talk to. Just by the way you phrased what you said, i don't think you'll have that problem. I very much perfer to trip alone. Of course it's fun with a close friend or two, but nothing beats laying back in complete peace and letting your whole world turn :mushroom2:

And to the second one... i don't really know. I've heard that HPPD effects people much more than others, and that for some it's never a factor. I'd say do them again, and if it gets worse than don't do them until it stops. It might just be your imagination... after first doing shrooms i thought i had that, but i honestly believe they just made me tune a little deeper into the intricacies that we all experience.

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #4104542 - 04/27/05 10:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Sober people who have never dosed are just about as bad as drunk people when you're tripping.

Get your mates to eat some shrooms, or take the dive and go for the solo trip. I had a bad trip off mushies and it scared me away from them for a long ass time, then I had the best trip of my life by myself.

You've opened your doors of perception. Keep in mind that marijuana is a psychedelic. I wouldn't consider this anything near HPPD at all. If you keep thinking along these lines you're gonna mindfuck yourself into a bad trip. You're not gonna go nuts, the chances of HPPD are slim to nil, its a drug that wears off after a relatively short period of time, and can change your life in so many positive ways.

When I started tripping, I noticed the trip-state stoned feeling as well. Sometimes it would happen a few weeks later, a few months later after not tripping. I distinctly remember once during my freshman year at college; I got intensely stoned at this hot girl Sandra's apartment and walked outside. The ground flew out beneath my feet and I felt like I was floating. I was instantly sucked into a 5-7 second trip, bugged out real quick before realizing, "Damn, I didn't even dose and that happened. Cool."

Stay frosty,
s2

Invisiblechirogost
stranger? thanwhat?

#4107166 - 04/28/05 03:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gmand38 said:
One other question. Since then every time Ive gotten stoned there has been a MUCH increased visual aspect, when Im chilling and listening to music I can relax and all the sudden my entire field of vision is wavy and distorted along with the beat, also things like cars often "twitch" when Im looking at them, its hard to explain but its like theyre very suddenly moving off in some random direction them immediately going back. Is this normal? The reason I ask is because I dont want it to get any worse, Im really looking forward to doing shrooms again but Ive also read alot about HPPD and defintly am watching out for that.

I had a damn similar experience after the first time I ate acid. But, I would notice these visual distortions even when sober. And that was some time before I ever smoked any weed, so I'd always figured the visual component of weed was commonplace. At any rate, yeah, seeing things sort of slide around, breathe, drift off and then jerk back in place, seeing random flashes of light, occasional halos and color shifting, greater awareness of vitreous floaters and negative afterimages.. I've had that ever since. It bothered me for some time after that trip, but I got used to it. Since then, I've tripped often, cubes and acid, varied doses, and the distortions haven't become any worse, except maybe for a day or so after a heavy trip, when I tend to notice the distortions a little more.

Offlinegmand38
Stranger
Re: Shrooms. HPPD and weed [Re: chirogost]
    #4108362 - 04/28/05 08:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the replies, and thats what Im thinking about the visual distortions, that now that Ive done it once I dont think they will get any worse (hopefully).

Im planning a trip for this weekend, but I will definitly either get my friend to down an 8th with me and we will just watch movies or something in my room, or Ill do it alone.

Also one thing I forgot, The 2nd night after my trip I woke up in the middle of the night very suddenly and my vision was filled with a shifting kaleidoscope pattern for a second until I blinked and it went away. I felt very normal during those 2 days and that was the only after affect I can recall. Im just wondering if some of you have had similar experiences.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience