Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Legality of DMT.
    #4103581 - 04/27/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, I know DMT is a shedule 1 drug(according to Erowid), but I know nothing of the legality of what it is extracted from. I believe it is root bark, am I wrong? But regardless, is DMT only illegal in its extracted form, or is the root bark it is extracted from illegal too?  :confused:
And if the bark is legal, is the bark at all potent enough to be smoked and recieve any effects before your lungs can not handle the smoke anymore?  :confused:
If it is possible, do I need to use a bong to handle the heat of the smoke?:bongload:
Is it water solluable?
Is it actually worth it(would the DMT consumed from 10 dollars of bark be more or less than the DMT consumed from 10 dollars of DMT)?
I am looking for any info on legally consuming any illegal drug, and this time, I want to know anything (illegal, legal, I don't care) and everything you know of about DMT. Although I am interested in learning to use drugs legally, anything you know about using straight up DMT (Like I said, would a bong work?) and making it a stronger trip, better trip, more enjoyable trip, etc. would be appreciated immensely by me if you were to say anything in this thread.
Any and all input is welcome.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Legality of DMT. [Re: whatever123]
    #4103605 - 04/27/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The plants that can you get DMT from are not illegal.

Many people go through the process of extracting DMT, although it is illegal.
You can't use DMT 'legally'.
Smoking the bark probably wouldn't be that great when you could just extract it.

How exactly do you measure '10 dollars of DMT'? It isn't usually sold on the street.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Legality of DMT. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4103627 - 04/27/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've come to understand that DMT is one of the most intense and amazing psychedelic.

I wonder why it's not sold on the streets?

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

#4103631 - 04/27/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It was an analogy. Anyways, you said USUALLY, which is what I am getting at. When it is, what is better.
However, the question of if it is worth it to smoke the root bark raw without extraction is no longer an issue, so I will remove it. Someone's question that was posted in Ask erowid was useful enough:
Q: Can I have a good trip from finely chopping Phalaris grass and smoking it without anykind of extraction process? I realize I would probably have to smoke more of the chopped grass than the more pure extracted DMT, but it would be worth it not to have to have to go through the long extraction process. I was also wondering if it would be dangerous to smoke Phalaris in this form. I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me on this. Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A: This is a complex question. The active alkaloid content (N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and others) varies greatly from one species of Phalaris to another. Alkaloid levels also vary depending on the exact time of harvest. One of the best sources of info on this topic is Trout's Notes on Ayahuasa and Ayahuasca Alkaloids. According to this book, alkaloid levels range from nearly 0% by dry weight on the low end to 1.2% on the high end. These alkaloids are going to be split between N,N-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT and others. 5-MeO-DMT is active when smoked at 2-3 mg...with most people using in the 5-10 mg range. If you assume a relatively respectable alkaloid level somewhere in the range of..say 0.50%, it would take (rough guess) at least 5 grams of dried leaf material to provide around 15 mg of 5-MeO-DMT. 5 grams (between 1/8 and 1/4 ounce) of dried material would take some time to smoke. Users report that there is a threshold required to get effects from DMT which requires a certain amount of smoke to enter the lungs in a short period of time. If this threshold isn't met, many people find that a 15-30 minute break is needed before trying again...starting from scratch. From this rough calculation it seems that it would be nearly impossible to get enough 5-MeO-DMT or N,N-DMT into your system by smoking raw Phalaris grass unless the alkaloid levels of the particular specimen were known to be extremely high. We have received no reports of smoking raw Phalaris grass so we have little data on possible dangers. While it seems unlikely that there are significant dangers to smoking a small amount of plant material, the risks are definitely unknown. peace, fire

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: Legality of DMT. *DELETED* [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4103656 - 04/27/05 05:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by whatever123

Reason for deletion: I was fucking around, don't want to confuse anyone though.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

Edited by gdman (04/27/05 05:26 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4103662 - 04/27/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"Getting this shit on the streets" is a very, very bad idea.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #4103680 - 04/27/05 05:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Let the kids drink cough medicine, don't spread DMT. That's weak.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4103697 - 04/27/05 05:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

For one, it will probably lead to the very quick scheduling of the plants it contains.

Two, it is very powerful, not something to sell on the street. For very experienced minds only, they can get it without having to go through a dealer.

Please keep these things sacred...

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: Legality of DMT. [Re: gdman]
    #4103742 - 04/27/05 05:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Got it. I wanted to know hwat you guys thought first before implementing the idea. Thanks for responding in a way that I was hoping for inside. I would not have even posted that, had I been on my medication.
Sorry if I worried you guys.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #4103759 - 04/27/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Wasnt there a good extraction link on here somewhere?

--------------------

Offlinegobbler
Stranger
Re: Legality of DMT. [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4103943 - 04/27/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yes it is

Offlinewhatever123
Male User Gallery

Re: Legality of DMT. [Re: gobbler]
    #4104144 - 04/27/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

For those of you that didn't get it (from the PMs I got, there are many of you), I was JUST FUCKING AROUND. I didn't think you guys would take something that retarded seriously. Sorry for any confusion.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #4104153 - 04/27/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
The plants that can you get DMT from are not illegal.

not yet..but that issue is currently before the SCOTUS..who have agreed to take the case for the express purpose of making them so...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Jump to top Pages: 1