Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesp00nix
Stranger
Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend?
    #4103531 - 04/27/05 06:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

My girlfriend and I have been using ecstacy together for awhile now. She has always been really sensative to it, so much many of you pill poppers may say i'm lying. But after nearly 10 times with her, it's always been the same. Off of 1-2 pills, she will roll for a good 12+ hours, and fall back into little "flash back" rolls for up to 24-48 hours afterwards if something stimulates her (i.e. Smelling Vix, good sex, etc). Recently, we tried just 1/4 pill which seemed to work pretty good. She came down after about 6 hours, and had an afterglow, and was able to somewhat manage her flashback.
I don't know how relevant the above infor is to shrooms, but:
My question is, how much shrooms should she eat if i was planning on eating 1/8? I don't know how common it is for someone to be sensative to shrooms like she is to X, but i'm hoping someone could provide some insight. She's an alright drinker, and can drink normal for a girl her size and age. I don't want to give her too much shrooms though and watch her wigg out for days :-P

Thanks for any insight.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
Re: Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend? [Re: sp00nix]
    #4103551 - 04/27/05 06:24 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It's generally frowned upon to ask for dosage information here, mostly because it is impossible to give good advice. There is NO WAY to know what quantity of shrooms she should ingest, because:

mushroom potency varies
everyone reacts differently

If you're really concerned, start with one gram (for her). If that works, go to two. If that's managable, go for three. Or the whole 1/8th.

Hope that helps.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend? [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #4103563 - 04/27/05 06:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Dosage advise is alright unless it's about a drug you can overdose and die from.

I'd recommend 2 or 3 grams.

Being sensitive to MDMA has nothing to do with being sensitive to psilocybin.

InvisibleChikitta
Re: Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4103598 - 04/27/05 06:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
Being sensitive to MDMA has nothing to do with being sensitive to psilocybin.

Still, it's best to play it safe. Start with 1g dried (or 10g fresh) then re-dose (with another 1.5g maybe) a couple hours in to the trip if she's happy with it.

A bad shroom trip can be terrifying - there's no need to rush in to it.

Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend? [Re: Chikitta]
    #4105189 - 04/28/05 12:32 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

let her do 1g. that's usually enough to get you into the tripping realm.

you can always intensify by eating more during the trip. i'd say increase by 0.5g each time. be very careful.

more important would be to explain to her how to deal with tough situations and give her a good set & setting. do the best you can to make her feel safe.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend? [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #4105406 - 04/28/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Really though, who's started with a gram and worked their way up very gradually?

If someone has actually done their research on mushrooms, they should be able to handle a decent amount of them.

Starting off with a small amount is just going to be disappointing.

Just because she's a chick doesn't mean she should start out with a lower amount than a man would.

I never see people suggesting taking a gram for the first time to a man. Usually people suggest 2-3 grams or so.

I usually recommend an eighth. I don't think it's an unreasonable amount, and it wont be disappointing.

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #4106150 - 04/28/05 10:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'd err on the side of caution.

My wife has a really low tolerance - tripping hard, lvl 5 from 2g - no doubt due to the fact that she's kinda tiny and has a fast metabolism. 2 years ago we found this out the hard way! (That said she's stated that her struggle during that trip was the most valuable experience she's ever had!)

It's a tough judgement call.

Let her decide after providing all the information you can - it's the only way she'll feel completely comfortable.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4106211 - 04/28/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Has she tried other drugs other than ex. Is she weak to thsoe to? I would start off between 1.5 or 2.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4106217 - 04/28/05 10:48 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

a word of advice, redosing by as little as .5 grams probably wont do much. you really have to take more on the redose than the actual dose for it to have any noticeable effect. if i were you i would give her a gram, then a little while later if she's doing good and wants more then give her a gram and a half.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
    #4106240 - 04/28/05 11:01 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
Really though, who's started with a gram and worked their way up very gradually?

If someone has actually done their research on mushrooms, they should be able to handle a decent amount of them.

Starting off with a small amount is just going to be disappointing.

Just because she's a chick doesn't mean she should start out with a lower amount than a man would.

I never see people suggesting taking a gram for the first time to a man. Usually people suggest 2-3 grams or so.

I usually recommend an eighth. I don't think it's an unreasonable amount, and it wont be disappointing.

one of my ex's is extremely sensitive to any drug, she ate a lil over a gram dry of mushrooms n had a good trip, and then tried a white target (double stack,x) and had a horrible time... many visuals and pretty much a bad trip which i didn't even think at the time was poss. on x- and it lasted like 14 hours

i always reccomend a female take less than a man of the same stature. they actually taught us at my high school that women of the same mass as a man are more prone to the effects of drugs than men, physiologically speaking

i always recc. 1.75g for anyone trying shrooms, if that fails, move to 2.25, seeing as a trip increases exponentially w/ dosage

InvisibleChikitta
    #4106273 - 04/28/05 11:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:

I started with 15g fresh, then redosed with another 15 about 2 hours in to the trip.

An eighth straight away would have put me in to space for my first time - even 15g was pretty intense.

I just don't see any need to rush in to shrooms - it's not like they are expensive or even that hard to get hold of. I recently sold 30g of fresh shrooms (they're still legal here) to a friend on behalf of a couple of his flatmates. They munched 15g each (mexican cubes) and both had bad trips. The girl wasn't able to move and thought she was drowning, and the dude there thought the carpet was trying to eat him.

Ultimatley it's up to you how much you eat for your first time. If you want to go for 3.5g straight away, make sure you've got everything prepared beforehand and everything should be ok.

Offlinesp00nix
Stranger
Re: Would shrooming be a good idea for my girlfriend? [Re: Chikitta]
    #4107228 - 04/28/05 03:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for all the replies everyone! I really appreciate the insight!

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #4108057 - 04/28/05 07:41 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

mmm, something along the lines of: it's better to dose too little, and slowly work your way up, than take too much and flip out.

my suggestion: 1 gram, if she feels comfortable, another 0.5 grams at 1 hour mark.

good luck with whatever you choose to do

btw, i have a friend who rolls like that too. she takes a pill,and she'll be rolling balls the next day. i personally think that's awesome, but she complains about it

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4109445 - 04/29/05 02:27 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Not giving out any dosage advice however 1.75g's (half eigth) my first time was a very enjoyable experience and I do not regret not taking any more that. Depends on potency. If they are nice FAT good looking shrooms and you have the good word that they are potent I would eat 1.75g's. If they are supposedly low in potency I would go for around 3.5g's (eigth).

Happy journeys. :heart:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience