Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Driving & Tripping
    #407649 - 09/28/01 03:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Come on people. Don't do it! It is irresponsible no matter what reasoning or lack thereof, you use. Here is yet another post from a 16 year old on his first 'real' trip almost bragging about this selfish act:

I almost panic then, but then I
remember to play it cool and start shaving (i did the worst
shaving job ever).... So I get in and driving is especially easy. I crank up the tunes and drive down the street feeling completly different. Song I hear everyday are diferent.

Let's see shaving is difficult and driving is easy. Then he goes for more...

L ate his and gave me one cap at the park about 15
minutes later and then we waited about 20 minutes and drove to the movie theatre... The world was really fucking with me this trip. M and L started to come up at the movie theatre, so we drove to an inconspicuous parking lot and M started to freak out.

Maybe this is one reason straight America wants to keep these substances illegal. Be responsible and don't give them a reason. I have read far too many posts like this one and people seem to think it 'cute'. If I sound like your father, so be it. In Las Vegas a while back, a woman killed 4 kids while stoned and driving on MJ. It is OK to kill people on alcohol, but not illegal substances. Needless to say, the media had a field day.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepunkgeek
Stranger
Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: Swami]
    #407662 - 09/28/01 03:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well said! It always amazes me when people do crazy/cruel stuff like drive and trip. Very irresponsible.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: punkgeek]
    #407736 - 09/28/01 05:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

That's a shame.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #407752 - 09/28/01 05:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorry, did I read this correctly?  You believe it ok to kill someone on alcohol, but not on illegal substances?  What exactly would be the justification in that statement?  I completely agree that no one should drive under the influence of shrooms... however I also think it equally as dangerous to drive under the influence of alcohol.  If anything, I would much rather have someone driving on marijuana than alcohol - hell I do it all the time.  Not that I'm telling everyone to hop in a car next time they spark up a bowl, but people know their own limits.  Personally, I find it quite easy to control my motor skills while baked.  Additionally, if I'm with a group of friends and we have to drive someplace (I'd much prefer just hangin' out, but lets say everyone really wants to go somewhere), I'm usually the "designated" driver.  Anyway, I'm just wondering how you can say it's okay to kill someone while drunk driving, but then turn around and say it's not okay if you're driving on shrooms or mj.  That's a damn contradictory statement if I've ever read one. :wink:

?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?
      Weed Legalization Freedom Fighter
        ?        ?  ? -????? O ?????-? ?  ?        ?

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineGuyute
addict

#407909 - 09/28/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

it could just be the magic hat talking, but IMHO driving while tripping (I'm talking level 1-2 or 3) is not especially difficult, I have driven during an ENTIRE trip once with two friends (well, except for 30 minutes we stopped into a hockey game, which needless to say was a bad idea), the only thing that is difficult for me (and I have drivin while tripping MANY times) is 1) I zone out ilke crazy, which I do normally, but it's like I am driving aimlessly and always forget my destination... and 2) sometimes the glare from street lights gets REALLY bad (like when there is a row of lights on either side of the street and the glare overlaps... sunglasses come in handy here)... I don't mean to advocate driving while under the influence of any substance, but I think the safety of driving under the influence of any substance is completely dependent upon the individual... anyway, I will not get all into it because I am probably rambling and sying dumb shit as it is, I don't even remember what my original point was... I'll just go now

If you need someone to blame, throw a rock in the air... You'll hit someone guilty. -Bono
You Enjoy Myself -Phish

--------------------
The army's on ecstasy... so they say... I read all about it in the USA Today...
They stepped up urine testing, to make it go away... because its hard to
kill the enemy on ol' MDMA. -Oysterhead
You Enjoy Myself -Phish

Offlinebullettoothtony
reality_skewed

#407922 - 09/28/01 10:19 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I dont think he actually means its ok to kill people while drinking, he just worded it badly. I think he just meant that the media paid so much more attention to the marijuana killing than alcohol ones. Of course, if he does mean its actually ok, well then hes stupid, but I dont think he did.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: geokills]
    #408221 - 09/29/01 11:09 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorry, did I read this correctly? You believe it ok to kill someone on alcohol, but not on illegal substances?

It is NOT OK to drive under the influence of any substance that alters your mood or perception. I was being facetious as the media pays little attention to "just another drunk driving death', but will hype any death attributed to an illegal substance.

Sparking a bowl and driving is almost as bad. One of the kids killed by the stoned woman driver was my girlfriend's son's girlfriend. (Got that?) He was devastated as were the families of all the victims.

Not that I'm telling everyone to hop in a car next time they spark up a bowl, but people know their own limits. Personally, I find it quite easy to control my motor skills while baked.

While baked your perceptions and judgements are altered no matter how you "feel' about it. Most people have no clue what their limits are. This has been shown objectively in driving schools with cones and such.

What is so hard about sparking up at home or waiting until you arrive at your destination?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
    #408536 - 09/29/01 07:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

For some people its quite a hassle to smoke at home or at their future destination...hence smoking on the way there.

IMO its not a big deal at all, especially if you know what you are doing.

Just dont be stupid about it and you shouldnt have a problem.(im talking about smokin weed in yer car, not driving drunk, though i do that on a regular basis as well)

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #408967 - 09/30/01 03:40 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Tripping & driving = stupid

sucked into the vortex....

InvisibleHydro
addict
Loc: In your closet..
    #409138 - 09/30/01 11:18 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Responsible people know their limitations. If you find it difficult to drive while under the influence of a substance, then you should be responsible enough to decide not to drive. Personally, I'll take 10 hits of acid and smoke an ounce of weed and I'll still go for a cruise. I've done these substances enough to have a high level of control and focus, and I am a damn fine driver too. If I'm geekin' out or some shit, then I would be responsible enough to decide not to drive. Sure, you have to think about more then just yourself, but what's the big deal if you can do these things just fine?

Sad story with the stoned women driver, but not everyone is THAT lady. Know what I mean. Besides that, women can't fucking drive to begin with. And that's a fact... Jack!

Hydro has spoken!
Please! Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

Edited by Hydro on 09/30/01 12:23 PM.

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: Hydro]
    #409583 - 09/30/01 08:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Not a very smart thing to do..at all.

People like u push drugs further away from legalization, sorry to say that but its true ;(

--- Catch me @ http://codered.xs3.com ---
kastro@marijuana.com

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

InvisibleHydro
addict
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: TrauM]
    #410289 - 10/01/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

No, if I can drive just the same when I am baked or even trippin', then tell me what the big deal is? I'm not saying that everyone should be driving like this, I'm just saying some people are actually capable of doing things that some people can't. Simple fact of life. 'I' can drive 'my' vehicle just fine and dandy when I'm baked or trippin' balls. That is my argument. Now I must slumber.... g'night!

Hydro has spoken!

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

Anonymous

#410347 - 10/01/01 05:32 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You're going to get somebody killed some day, hydro.

Leaf

OfflineSyyth
    #410806 - 10/02/01 12:47 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I can drive fine while tripping too, but I choose not to do so, not so much because of me, but because other drivers. Certain situations can arrise while driving that require quick reflexes, and it's not the best idea to deal with that when your minds allready going 200 mph.

Offlinemakedrugsfree
Loc: Alaska, USA
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: Syyth]
    #410935 - 10/02/01 03:12 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I bet that most people who drive under the influence and kill people think that they know their limits and can drive safely. It is sad that people think they are different from other murderers just because they havn't killed someone yet. It is really scary to think people and can drive without regard to others. Many don't relize the truth untill they kill someone they love or someone else who they have never even met.

It is funny how people in our society always think they know their limits. I'm sure we wouldn't have any accidents if people really did. A video i've seen always pops into my head when I see people drive under the influence. A diverse group of people of about 15 are brought together on two strait days. Of the people in the group there are policemen, judges, and several other government emp. On the first day the group must drive an obsticle coarse made up of cones and sudden stop exercises. They have to drive the coarse untill they meet a minimum score. Everyone gets very aquainted with the coarse having to drive it several times. Then on the next day they drank alcohol untill they reached .1% bac. Then they drove the coarse again and basically did terribly worse than originally. The important thing about the test in my opinion was the interview questions they answered after the drinking but before the second test. Almost everyone (with the exception of a lady) answered that they were barely affected by the alcohol and would do just as well if not better than the day before.

The moral of the story is that we as people don't know are own limits. YOU ARE STUPID IF YOU THINK DIFFERENT! People who think they know their limits are the ones that kill people every day.

Evil will always provail, because good is dumb.

Offlinepants
Butt.
Loc: Internet
    #411166 - 10/02/01 11:15 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I feel very comfortable driving while stoned. I would never drive will drunk or tripping.

--------------------
Posting large images in sign[a]tures is not allowed.

InvisibleHydro
addict
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: makedrugsfree]
    #414119 - 10/04/01 07:59 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Driving while your drunk is a bit of a different story! This is a different drug that is effecting you in a different way. Besides that, they gave it to a bunch of goody goody loosers.

I'm talking about smoking some herb or droping some acid, and still being able to operate heavy machinary. I don't recomend it, but I can do it no problem. ;-)

Hydro has spoken!

Edited by Hydro on 10/04/01 09:02 PM.

--------------------
Hydro has spoken!

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#414265 - 10/04/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

i dunno about tripping or after smokin good bud, or drinkin or whatnot, i would never drive then, but when I'm rollin I can do ANYTHING and sober myself up fast as a motherfucker. best drug for that kinda shit -- not that I ever really have to drive during such times anyway heh

It must be hard to trip if you anthropomorphize your shrooms.

We're all MADD here...

OfflineKaren
Pooh-Bah
Female

#414980 - 10/05/01 03:05 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

You guys really don't know how sad this is that you really feel this way. Hopefully you will learn someday before you kill someone.

*MAKE THE SHROOMERY A BETTER PLACE!*
Visit the suggestion forum & be active in ALL aspects of the community!
When you are done go visit the FSR!

OfflineBoneyDragon
Re: Driving & Tripping [Re: Karen]
    #415147 - 10/05/01 06:35 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

For all you people who think your driving while on drugs is fine, it probably just seems that way. Most drunk drivers think their driving is fine too. Remember those gingerbread men you keep hitting are probably kids. Drive sober.

~BD

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder