Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCAP_TURTLE
Adventurer
 User Gallery

calcium carbonate
    #4103414 - 04/27/05 03:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a lot of the casing teks i've seen call for calcium or oystert shell is there something else you can use in place such as those bottles of calcium in the health isles

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: calcium carbonate [Re: CAP_TURTLE]
    #4103431 - 04/27/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Some sort of liquid calcium? No that wont work.

Powdered oyster shells can be ordered cheaply online. Thats the best way to go. You can also dry out eggshells and powder them. I beleive powdered coral would work too. Or ground limestone from the store. Maybe if you mean calium tablets..they may I guess....but I definatly wouldnt try. This is a long term buffer, and that seems like it wouldnt do the trick. Its so easy to just use the right things too...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: calcium carbonate [Re: CAP_TURTLE]
    #4103452 - 04/27/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

A good form of calcium carbonate is at any pet store such as PetsMart or the like. If you go to the reptile section they usually have some stuff called ReptoCal that's powdered calcium, basically. You use it to dust crickets before you feed them to your lizard or gecko. It seems to work as a good buffer.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: calcium carbonate [Re: Oddish]
    #4103460 - 04/27/05 03:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i got ahold of some calcium carbonate sand at my pet store for like $3-4 it was supposed to be for hermit crabs

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

Re: calcium carbonate [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4103467 - 04/27/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I never knew hermit crabs used that stuff. I guess that's why mine never lived for very long.  :lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals