Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS
    #4101902 - 04/27/05 06:56 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok, I'm not disappointed, but I'm not like doing back flips either. I think for starters, i did not use enough depth of my substrate. It was probably a little over an inch.

I have read a pinning strategy, printed it and taped it up on the wall as a matter of fact.

I fan a lot, i mean 6-10 times a day. Temp is at 74. Humidity is at 85%RH. I had them incubate for 3 days and very very lightly patched.

I was hoping for casings like agar or road, but for my very first try its not tooooo bad, its just not toooo good.

Here is my Cambodian casing...

My golden teacher did much better, but still not as well as I would have thought....

I will update tonight with new growth photos. My B+ casing is similar to the Cambodians in the number of pins, but they are at least larger.

Sigh, any suggestions for the next batch. I think next time, I'm not going to do any cakes at all, just casings. I have about 15 days until that, so i am going to keep this thread alive until i have as much info as possible.

Edited by Photoguy (04/27/05 07:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS [Re: Photoguy]
    #4101956 - 04/27/05 08:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

take one of your mushrooms and clone it. That will dramaticly help with an even pinset for next time.

Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS [Re: goofy98]
    #4101959 - 04/27/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i think it looks good for a first. [pats on back]

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS *DELETED* [Re: Photoguy]
    #4102156 - 04/27/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by S_2

Reason for deletion: This post was made by someone who isn't me.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS [Re: Adden]
    #4102166 - 04/27/05 09:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i tried a casing once a few months back. i also used about 1 inch depth and it looked like yours, maybe a little less than that frst pic. im gonna be trying my next casing soon and this time ill be using about 4inches depth.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4102173 - 04/27/05 09:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Try automated air exchange. Shrooms like fresh air about 3 times per HOUR :smile: Its not needed, as you can see, but if your going for optimal, it will help. The substrate is also a thing. You need to go bulk to supoort huge flushes. Horse poo is the shit. Even whole grain rye is great for fruiting off of. Make sure substrates at least 1.5-2 inches thick though...2-4 for poo. A substrain is needed to get flushes like Agar I think too, but not to get better flushes then you have...I personally havnt had a great isolate to work with yet. Casing looks like it was kept nice and moist though, colonization is great, timing looks look, and everything else.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS [Re: Photoguy]
    #4102200 - 04/27/05 09:59 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Heh, first, those have to be the same trays that I use, good choice :smile:
Second, good job on a sucessful casing!

Ok, now, to answer your question.  A good pinset is achieved by one basic thing, having a properly made casing layer colonized just right when it's exposed to fruiting conditions.  This will take some tims to learn, a few more runs and you should get it. Some cultivators get shrooms off of a casing and think that they've got it down, so 5 shrooms to you for wanting to perfect it.  Keep patching your casing until about 80% of it has rhizos poking through.  Then when you fruit it, the 'mycelial momeentum" will let it colonize a bit more.  Thats the biggest secret.  If it's not coming through evenly, you won't have an even pin set.  Keep working with those strains adn you'll be happy.  Cambos are my personal favorite.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Offlinegratefulredhead

Loc: Off the map....
Re: First casing, not as even a pinset as I would have liked. PICS [Re: SoopaX]
    #4102210 - 04/27/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey, do a couple of back flips for the hell of it. You should still be proud. that is a good effort--they look excellent.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract