Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Casing question
    #4100222 - 04/26/05 09:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

HI, I;m still not surewhat tek to us, PF or 50/50 case, its my first time but Agustin recommended skipping fruiting cakes but I ain't sure. But I read a few TEks on casing but theres somethign I don't get. I really wish they had pics.
1) I have a 24"x16"15" plastic container, clear, so I guess I woudl have to paint the sides or something but how many cakes would I use for that.
2) I don't understand which stage to take cakes out of the jars, when there pinning, it doesn't really say. THen I am curious as how to cut them, it was a bit un clear, I read another casing tek where you empty the cake into a plastic bag and crumble it up but says to be carful, what do I have to watch for.
4) Will the plastic lid, won't that drip water.
5) Sterializing the soil, complicatde but think I got it clear, but wher can I get those bags. Alvocated bags I think they were called.

If I did do cake fruiting, 12 1/2pint jars, and say they all worked, hwo much B+ mushrooms could I get in the end.

I am curious as to how long casing last for, its sounds liek you pick, then keepijn going, or does the mixture eventually die.

SOrry so long, please someone lend a hand

Nat

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casing question [Re: littleharoldeh]
    #4100265 - 04/26/05 09:29 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Use a TiT for all of your casings. Basically you'll use an over-sized tub to house your smaller tub with a fish tank water heater(50 watt) to keep the temps where you need them. Follow these steps and you're good to go.

Casing 101

50/50+ Casing mix

You can microwave your casing mix by dividing it up over 3-4 small containers after it's mixed. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, open and stir, place back into the microwave for another 5 minutes. When it's done, let it cool, but do not reopen until you're ready to case.

It's really quite simple and the other members, myself included, would be more than happy to help you.

Anything else?

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #4100272 - 04/26/05 09:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

1. its recomended to use tinfoil around the outside of your container when itss done incubating and its ready for fruiting. this way you can see when the myc has fully colonized.not sure about the other part of #1

2. take cakes out of the jars when they are completely white.

where is #3?

4 not sure what u mean.

if you r lucky you'll get 1/8 per cake per flush.

i think most people hold casings for no more than 3 flushes.

personally im a newb too but i must say im constantly reading old posts and teks here as well as the current message boards, so im learning just like you.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casing question [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4100290 - 04/26/05 09:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

One more thing. Start printing off the pages of teks or threads that interest you and start a folder or binder. Keep these with you for reference when you are doing each procedure.

Read each procedure a couple of times so you don't miss a step.

Aside from some minor overlay, I have successfully cased my BRF cakes, and have some pretty decent size fruits; I have a working rate of being 100% contamination free because I followed directions and took my time preparing.

Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Casing question [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4100300 - 04/26/05 09:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What I meant it my first question was how many cakes should I make for that size of a container, is it the more the better.
WHat I meant about the lid is, when I put the casing in ym fruitng chamer and put my cledar lid on, won't there be water droplets falling on the soil, isn't that bad.
THanks again for poppin in Augustin. But what about cuttin the cakes. WHen you do your casing, do you make sperate containers or do you use the whole container. I seen your pics earlier. I have a a container like one of your 3. do you use that whol container instead of individual trays liek the tek says

Nat

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4100316 - 04/26/05 09:47 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Read the links I posted and they'll answer most of your questions. As a general rule, the deeper the substrate, the larger the fruits. I use 9 1/2 pint BRF cakes over 3 casings and my fruits are coming in at 4 inches tall, 1/2 inch diameter stems, and 2 1/2 inch caps. Not huge, but respectable.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation