Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Casing details...
    #4099512 - 04/26/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, so here's the deal... a couple days ago I laid down a casing layer on my latest project. (I missed opportunity to case on my first project, so this is the first time casing for me)

Today, I checked for signs of growth at the surface and found VERY trace amounts of mycellium poking through... like only a couple very small and faint spots... easily less than 5% of the surface area.

I patch-cased these spots, and covered it back up.

My question is:

Should I go to fruiting mode now, as I've done my first patch-casing?

I've read this is the time to start fruiting... but I am concerned, because it was only a tiny bit of myc I patched... so I don't know if I should go to fruiting mode now, or wait for the NEXT signs of breakthrough, patch-case THOSE, and THEN fruit.

I'm only concerned because all the pics I've seen of casings ready to be patch-cased had larger and denser mycellium masses showing up on the surface.

So whatchoo think?

--

P.S. Also: I cased before the entire substrate was colonized.. I would say it was at about 50% maybe. Was this a mistake? I did it early because last time I ended up missing the chance and had pins when I went to case...

Edited by JacquesCousteau (04/26/05 03:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
Re: Casing details... [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4099589 - 04/26/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Me personally, I usually wait till more would be showing. Kinda like when you start to see a even myclieum layer coming through.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Casing details... [Re: Killa420]
    #4099610 - 04/26/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the input. :smile:

Anyone else want to chime in?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4099646 - 04/26/05 04:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

what he sed is accurate and all the advice u realy need jus wait til the mycelium pokes up evenly but dont wait too long or it will cause overlay

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Re: Casing details... [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4099865 - 04/26/05 05:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, lemme see if I got this right... the idea is to patch the individual spots to encourage a more uniform emergence... and then once you start to see that uniform emergence, then it's time to go to fruiting mode?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4099876 - 04/26/05 05:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

u got it

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate