Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetonydee06
Stranger
Do i need to dry my Shrooms?
    #4099408 - 04/26/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok i know this might be on here already, but if it is i simply cant find it. So please someone tell me. I have only taken shrooms twice and now am trying to cultivate my own, is it a bad idea to just eat them when they arent dry?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: tonydee06]
    #4099414 - 04/26/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No, many people eat them wet.

The problem is if you leave them for too long they can go moldy.

InvisibleYrtlzmo
Female
. [Re: tonydee06]
    #4099421 - 04/26/05 02:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by Yrtlzmo (02/07/13 06:34 AM)

Offlinetonydee06
Stranger
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: Yrtlzmo]
    #4099430 - 04/26/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Alright thanks guys....DAMN u are fast repliers! man this site is sweet. So how many grams do you think a syringe will make with that SPOREBANK.com grow bag? and also does that bag even work...god i hope so...thanks again guys

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4099499 - 04/26/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's times like these when I wish we had a "RTFM" smiley..

Anyway, there's no way to tell what the yields will be in ANY grow. The site itself should say how to use the bags, but the basics are clean the needle, inject 2-5ccs of solution, incubate, and fruit. Look up incubating, TITs do pretty well. For fruting, either fruit in the bag (best option for a n00b) or case it.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4099530 - 04/26/05 03:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Check this out. Drying them IMO is the way to do as far as dosing them accurately, also it's the best way to preserve them. Dried mushrooms, stored correctly, can last a long, long time.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: gdman]
    #4101770 - 04/27/05 03:48 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Dry, grind into the finest powder you can and store in glass jars with metal tops screwed on as tight as possible (maybe with foil over lids held at the join with a rubber band).

The powder stays potent for ages! You can trip when you want and the powder means the onset is swift & smooth.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #4101901 - 04/27/05 06:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

AFOAF has pulled 300+ wet grams out of 2 B+ grain based mycobags after 1 flush on bag #1 and 2nd flush on bag #2. He picked early before full maturity, expect at minimum 2+ dry ounces from these two bags, and hoping for a lot more. It is said that sometimes you can get 10-12 flushes?? from each bag if you are either good or lucky. Afoaf was only growing for personal use and is ending up with far more than expected, may have to donate some to the church!

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: johnhenry]
    #4101910 - 04/27/05 07:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I prefer wet to dry personally. I love the test of freshmushrooms and the best of the bunch goes from the tray to my mouth. Yum Yum in the tum!

If you plan on storing, yes dry, but there is not a whole lot better than chowing down on some fresh home growns!

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4101915 - 04/27/05 07:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ok i know this might be on here already, but if it is i simply cant find it. So please someone tell me.

Does anyone else get mad when people blatantly lie like this? I mean, this information is on this site in like, 1 gazillion bajillion places. He COULD find it, he just doesnt want to be bothered.

meh.....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4101947 - 04/27/05 08:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well if your saving them for anything more than 5-7 days you should dry.  :thumbup:

if you're patient put them in a paper towel and leave a fan running for a day or two. mine were 80% dry in about 12 hours.

Offlinemushed
Stranger
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: pleco]
    #4102022 - 04/27/05 08:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

probably a stupid question,but how are shrooms more potent when they dried?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: mushed]
    #4102072 - 04/27/05 08:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

They are not more potent, but dosing them is more accurate as water isn't a factor. Also they are well preserved when cracker dry, so they won't spoil as quickly as freshies. Stored correctly, they can last a long, long time.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

Offlinemushed
Stranger
    #4102150 - 04/27/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

so if I had 35grams fresh (enough for an average trip)and I dried them I would have enough for 10 of the same average trips or does drying them simply take out the water and make them lighter?

Soz im confused...

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #4102155 - 04/27/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You could eat them wet if you wanted. I usually dry mine. Drying allows for you too eat less of them and have a good trip on a couple grams. Hope this helps.

-ShroomOmatic

--------------------

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: mushed]
    #4102387 - 04/27/05 11:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mushed said:
so if I had 35grams fresh (enough for an average trip)and I dried them I would have enough for 10 of the same average trips or does drying them simply take out the water and make them lighter?

Soz im confused...

since fresh mushrooms are about 90% water, as the water decreases the wieght of the shrooms does as well,

however the amount of psylocybin and psylocyn do not increase.

--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"
-David Aurora, Mushrooms Demystified

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: didjin_d]
    #4102409 - 04/27/05 11:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The amount of water can vary, that's why drying them is the most accurate way to dose them.

--------------------

Offlinejohnhenry
Minderbinder
Loc: capital-evil empire
    #4102618 - 04/27/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You need to read the response to your post, yrt informed you that 35 grams fresh equals about 3.5 grams dry and no you cannot get 10 people off on 3.5 grams dry. And you can find all this info out with a little search time on shroomery. Thats how everybody else does it unless they get stuck, then ask questions

Offlinetonydee06
Stranger
Re: Do i need to dry my Shrooms? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4102819 - 04/27/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey madmantripper i saw all the info on how to dry them but it does say anywhere that you had to. And since im new i didnt know if it would make the trip any different to eat them when wet..sorry to bother you but thanks everyone for the help

Offlineunearth
Stranger
    #4103552 - 04/27/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

does dry mushrooms make the trip more intense than fresh?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract