Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIkke
Stranger
Shrooms vs 'spacecake'
    #4099071 - 04/26/05 03:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

hi,
I smoke some weed occasionally with friends, or just alone listening to some music.
That's all great, so now we are planning to make a spacecake and eat it in a few weeks.
I've been told that a mild mushroom trip is somewhat like being stoned/high and that one shouldnt underestimate cannabis when taking orally since it can be quite a psychelic experience.
So Im wondering how powerful cannabis can be when eated compared to shrooms. Can it compare to like a level 2 or even a level 3 shroom trip?

I geuss I should just take shrooms to find out, and I most likely will someday but Im just curious about how cannabis and mushrooms compare.:)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelarryg
Traveller

Loc: Eastern Iowa
Re: Shrooms vs 'spacecake' [Re: Ikke]
    #4099090 - 04/26/05 03:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

apples and oranges

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

#4099109 - 04/26/05 03:34 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The two aren't really comparable in my opinion, but eating cooked cannabis will get you really REALLY high, much more of a body high I'd say. I put about a half oz. of some crumbled dank into a pan and cooked it into the oil, then dumped the rest in the mix and let cook. Not knowing how powerful it would be, I ate about 1/3 of the entire brownie sheet before school. Needless to say, I was very high, and kept getting higher, until it was so overwhelming I was seeing images in 3 and my face went ghost white and I fought off the urge to throw up. Psychadelic, very close, but compared to the psychdelic properties of mushrooms, nowhere close. Much more visual hallucinations and mind fuck on shrooms rather than the body high and heavy feeling of brownies.

Good luck and have fun!

Offlinejoeythecatch
Stranger
    #4099130 - 04/26/05 03:40 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I'd say that mushrooms are far too different from marijuana, in a qualitative sense, to make any easy "x amount of weed=y amount of shrooms" comparisons. In other words, intensity aside, weed and shrooms are just such different *types* of experiences that it's hard to answer your question in precise terms.

Having said that, though, my experiences with eating weed (in brownies, cookies, chocolates, etc.) produces a more "stoned" feeling than smoking it. Maybe it's because it's far easier to do more than you expect. I mean, yeah, when you cook it, you know how much weed you put in and how many servings it made, but how many of us really measure out the actual weight of a bowl before we smoke it? If somebody were to ask me right now, how much does the weed burned up on a couple of bong hits weigh, I couldn't tell you.

But I digress. My point is that, for whatever reason, I feel a lot more sedentary and content to mellow out and enjoy how nice I feel when I've eated weed. When I smoke, though, I'm all about shooting pool or throwing darts or playing video games or whatever other activity is going on around me; I don't want to sit in one place as much as I do when I've eaten some laced cookies. So there's one shroom-like aspect of the high that seems more pronounced when you get your weed orally rather than by smoking. As far as noticing brighter colors, etc., I do get that pretty often whenever I smoke a good amount of good weed. But I haven't noticed that eating rather than smoking has ever made a noticeable difference as far as that goes. Hope this helps!

- Catch

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4099199 - 04/26/05 03:54 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

you really can't compare those 2 things.

eaten cannabis/hasj can make you so extremely high/stoned that you're almost (or really) tripping and like you said you shouldn't underestimate it.
how powerfull it is depends on the amount you eat. 1/2g of good hasj or weed can make you VERY high. You just need to experiment a little  :tongue2:

btw are you dutch?

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4101844 - 04/27/05 07:33 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hi and Welcome!

You can't compare them. You should not underestimate the power of cannabis when taken orally and it can be a psychedelic experience, but it's totally different from a mushroom trip.

It's more like being really really stoned/high  :grin: :smirk:

OfflineIkke
Stranger
Re: Shrooms vs 'spacecake' [Re: Annom]
    #4102480 - 04/27/05 01:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the answers!
Stefan: Yup, Im Dutch. Kinda nice one can just buy cannabis and mushrooms in a store over here.

So I geuss it'll be fun anyway, fun because it's with friends so we'll get a kick out of anyway.
When I smoke alone the effect is usually completely different, much more personal (perhaps 'spiritual' would be a better word for it). Like for example, my best experience from weed is when I went to the beach alone, got high, and watched the sunset. That was an unforgettable experience.
Smoking weed has changed my life in a positive way, I've become much more openminded and got to know myself a lot better. I was hoping eating a spacecake would be more like really tripping, because I'm just curious how it'd be like to gain more insight in myself (more so than with just smoking weed or meditating) and Im just curious of what's it like of course.
I have experienced some strange things from weed tho', there's some place where I go out now and then and they have this Escher poster hanging on a wall which can look extremely weird when Im high (it becomes 3d, sort of). And I get closed eyed visuals sometimes (it's rare tho).

I have some close friends who want to try mushrooms as well, and I even have a friend who'd like to act as a sitter, so in a few months I'll probably have experienced my first trip :smile:

OfflinePS_Cubes
Searching...
 User Gallery

Loc: ...for LSD
    #4103475 - 04/27/05 05:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I've Od'ed on space cakes 2 times. Not a good experience. I used 3 ounces of bomb schwag. I ate 1/10 of the pan, I was so fuckin high it sucked. I threw up all over myself one of the times, and the other I saw the floor of the movie theatre waving side to side then threw up. Be careful and have fun!

--------------------

InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

Re: Shrooms vs 'spacecake' [Re: PS_Cubes]
    #5002868 - 12/01/05 05:03 PM (12 years, 13 days ago)

If as you say you want to learn more about yourselve and experience a sort of trip, and you live in the dam. It just seems like eating shrooms, maybe a small dose at first, would be highly approipriate. If your alittle nervous, then stick to 15grams or something and sit on the beach watching the sunset, maybe with some close friends.
Peace

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience