Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Sterile Pseudo Spore Prints
    #4097926 - 04/26/05 03:00 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I am growing some cubensis invitro in an autoclave bag. My self healing injection site is a blob of silicon on the filter patch. I plan on placing some caps on the side of the bag opposite the filter patch without opening the bag.

I can now inject sterile water through the silicon port onto the prints and suck up all the spores. These can be injected into a sterile jar which also has a injection port. I can repeat this until I have collected most of the spores, say 20 times so I now have 200ml of dense spore solution in the collection jar.

Now leave the spore solution to settle for a week or so. When the spores have settled carefully suck up the clear water from above them and discard it (or inject new cakes or keep them as syringes as some spores will remain). You should be left with an extremely dense spore solution in the bottom which you can suck up into a single syringe.

Now I get another autoclave bag and place in it 20 aluminium cupcake tins, or you could fashion little trays from foil. Seal the bag, make an injection port and sterilise.

Now inject the dense spore syringe into the bag and put 1/2cc into each cupcake. Leave the bag in a airtight container with plenty of desiccant which should suck the moisture out through the filter patch, leaving the trays dry.

While still in the bag you should be able to fold over and close your cupcake tins giving you lots of little pseudo prints.

-------------
I have never done this, so please comment on any of the methods. I thought of this since I wanted to send some prints to the FSRE, the initial sterile syringe is an easy method, again I have not actually done it yet. Seems a cheap and easy way to get prints without a glovebox, the bag in effect becomes the glovebox. They wont have nice patterns but so what, they should work!

Edited by blackout (04/26/05 03:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
Re: Sterile Pseudo Spore Prints [Re: blackout]
    #4097988 - 04/26/05 05:14 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Interesting, though it sounds like a lot of work.. why couldn't you just print the caps on the side of the bag and cut out these sections of the bag initially?
I think your idea is quite useful for making spore syringes though.

Hmm.. also leaving standing water in the bag might not be such a crash-hot idea, sterile conditions or not.

Anyhow, innovative! :smile:

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Sterile Pseudo Spore Prints [Re: _JJ_]
    #4098001 - 04/26/05 05:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It is a bit of work but so is trying to get 20 sterile prints in other ways. I would only do this to provide prints for the fsre.org you could possibly stack lots of the cases in the bag, maybe even 100. 1 print can make 100 syringes so nobody really needs a full print to start growing.

I did not want to cut the bag since it is my grow chamber for later invitro flushes (of which I will not take prints). Once opened it is not sterile (I have no fancy flowhoods), so I want the spores transfered before opening.

I did think of cutting the second bag up into prints, simply spraying it all over the bottom. But again I have no way of sterile transfer. With the cupcakes I can fold them over while still in the bag.

The only "standing water" will be 10ml of water which should be sucked up pretty quick. Can't see the problem anyway since many people store mycelium in sterile water for years.
All the water in the grow bag will be sucked up each time. When you inject 10ml it may take a few goes to suck it all back up since you will be sucking air too. You can crease teh bag so it forms a puddle and massage the spores into the water.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck