Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJon
help with gardening plans
    #4096410 - 04/25/05 06:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I plan to grow some poppies, mimosa hostillis, syrian rue, and some rivera corymosa. I wanna plant these outdoors next to my vegetable garden. I want all these plants next to eachother so I was wondering if anyone can help me with how I should prepare the soil, how I should birth the seeds, etc. This is my first ethnobotanical garden so your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJon
Re: help with gardening plans [Re: Jon]
    #4097279 - 04/25/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

anyone?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: help with gardening plans [Re: Jon]
    #4097964 - 04/26/05 04:38 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

poppies arent too keen on being trans planted and the mimosa will need a cold
frame in cooler months, if it get much below freezing for most of the winter then
you'll want to keep it inside for a few years. Syrian Rue is a desert plant, it
wont grow well with the others because it's requirements are much different

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: help with gardening plans [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #4098139 - 04/26/05 08:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

these are from www.erowid.org:

Quote:

Peganum harmala L.;
Caltrop family (Zygophyllaceae)

A bright green, succulent, perennial herb, becoming woody with age, growing 1 to 2 feet tall. The leaves are 2 inches long and finely divided. The flowers are white, five-petaled, followed by a two- to four-cavitied capsule about 3/8 inch in diameter. Native to the deserts of southern Asia and Africa. Also found wild in some parts of Texas.

Cultivation and Propagation: Syrian rue may be grown outdoors in the South and West. It does well in dry sandy soils, but will benefit from somewhat richer soils. Will stand considerable drought. Viable seeds are rare but are the best means of propagation. These should be sown in flats of half sand, half soil, in April and May. Water sparingly, letting the surface dry. The seedlings are very susceptible to overwatering. They should be grown as pot plants the first year, and brought indoors in the winter. In the following spring they may be planted outdoors. In cold-winter areas the roots should be lifted and stored in damp sawdust in a cool place until early spring. Be sure to plant out before new growth starts.

Harvesting: The seeds should be gathered as the capsules ripen and should be dried in the sun. The roots may be harvested in autumn, in the same manner as kava roots, after the tops die from frost. These should be split and dried in the sun. The stems and foliage are inactive.

Quote:

Rivea corymbosa Hall.;
Morning Glory family (Convolvulaceae)

A slender perennial vine, woody at the base, with 4 inch long heart-shaped leaves. The flowers are white, in large clusters, 1.5 inches wide. The fruit is a one-seeded capsule. Native to tropical America.

Cultivation and Propagation: Cultivate much like the morning glory except that it is less hardy and should be started indoors in the North. It will also take more water than the common morning glory and, as it is somewhat woody, it can be cut back and brought indoors to carry it over the winter in the North.

Harvesting: The seeds should be gathered as the pods turn brown and dry.

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Buy Kava Tea   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules