Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDerwin
Stranger
Loc: Stillwater.OK
Looking for answers?
    #409623 - 09/30/01 09:19 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I need to ask anyone out there for some advice. In the last three months Ive lost over two hundred casings due to trichoderma and penicillin molds. Im not having problems in the jars, but only after I place my trays into terraniums after the mycellium is evenly distributed through the casing layer. Ive tried several casing depths, but continuously get contamination right before, or soon after pin head formation. Ive repeatedly cleaned my entire grow room with bleach, sterilized my trays and terraniums with bleach, use lysol everyday, have a hepafilter running 24/7, make sure that Im clean everytime I go into my room, and I still get it.
Ive tried both my own casing as well as others to see if that may be the case. I even started baking my perlite and water before I put them in the tank. Ive been fanning my tanks at least eight times a day, even though Im using aqua pumps with small filter holes in the top of the tanks. My humidity levels are just right. So what gives? If any of you have ever encountered this problem please give me some hints. Ive lost my Thai, Hawaii, Cloumbian, Indian, Gulf Coast, and Mezatapec strains this summer because of it. Ive tried my cyans, trops, and cambodgenensis strains as well and they get contaminated shortly after my shrooms are an inch tall. Sprinkling baking soda on the contaminated sites does little help. Once this contamination starts it completely takes over within a week. Im running on empty with ideas, so if you can, all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

--------------------
Did you see the frightened ones?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
Re: Looking for answers? [Re: Derwin]
    #411854 - 10/02/01 10:10 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

did you clean your terraria? have you tried shutting off things like the hepa filter? too many air currants? too much fanning? the girls are shy, they generally don't like to be stared at or touched or molested. holes in your terraria?

Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
    #411858 - 10/02/01 10:12 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

got ph in casing raised?

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Looking for answers? [Re: tchyted]
    #412092 - 10/03/01 03:05 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Tchyted - hey, does shell grit raise or lower the ph??

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Anonymous

#413321 - 10/04/01 04:37 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Post Deleted a la Obscurity

OfflineDerwin
Stranger
Loc: Stillwater.OK
    #413420 - 10/04/01 07:28 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe my problem has been solved. I set up five tanks, with four trays in each, and one got contaminated, the others are fruiting like crazy with pan cyan and trops. This may have been the leading cause, That one tank I used the last of my pearlite that I bought from walmart, the other tank I used new perlite that I bought from Lowes. The perlite in the contaminated tank had gray splotches all over it. Could it be because the perlite was heavily contaminated? I always thought if you put H2O2 in with it that would fight off the nastiness. Just thought Id let you know.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag