Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
special cake ingredients, white rice and sterialize question
    #4095513 - 04/25/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi, I've been searching the net and reading and stuff and am curious why some people say that they're jars, whihc have brown rice flour water and vermiculit claim to be better cause they also have like 32 special growing ingredients for maximum growth and some say SPAWNMATE, whats that and are there some extra to through in.
MY next question is what is the big difference between white rice flour and brown.
And my next one is, is Clidox a good sterializer. My girlfriend works in a animal lab where they have to sterialize everything and said she could bring me some home.
And one more. Where do most people fail with the cleanliness, like after the pores and put in and not covered up properly. Also, storing of jars with everythign in them. Suppose to be in a dark place right. What about in the original box of jars, would that be fine.
Hope someone gets back to me.

CHow

Nat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: special cake ingredients, white rice and sterialize question [Re: littleharoldeh]
    #4095580 - 04/25/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the difference between brown and white rice is that white rice doesnt have the nutrients to produce potent mushrooms, read this grow log to see where white rice will get u

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: special cake ingredients, white rice and sterialize question [Re: littleharoldeh]
    #4095701 - 04/25/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

mushies love fiber, is what it boils down to... white rice is brown rice with the fiber-rich hulls removed... white rice is about as good for mushrooms as white bread is for people...

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: special cake ingredients, white rice and sterialize question [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4095723 - 04/25/05 03:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hey I like white bread! :wink:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Re: special cake ingredients, white rice and sterialize question [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #4095756 - 04/25/05 03:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

But any adivce on my other question. PLEASE

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4095795 - 04/25/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

search for TiT (tub in tub) build one for your incubation

search for fruiting chamber

cleanliness failure to buy a pressure cooker. it can be done without one but your better off dropping 50 bucks at walmart or wherver for one thats half decent.

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offlinexburn
V card
    #4095799 - 04/25/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Check out the official MushroomWiki at http://www.mushroomwiki.com. Stop by and contribute.

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#4095814 - 04/25/05 03:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

could you ask your first question again, please?
is clidox used as a surface cleaner?
one common mistake during inoculation is to not wipe down the needle between injection sites, only between jars.
place 2 alcohol-soaked coffee filters over the top of your jar and band them.
you need to incubate those jars-
the rate at which they grow will suffer, and make them more vulnerable to contamination

--------------------

OfflineMikeOLogical
Doctor ofShroomology
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
    #4095821 - 04/25/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

littleharoldeh said:
But any adivce on my other question. PLEASE

sorry, only one question answered per day...

there is an exception though...

if you go into the off-topic discussion forum and introduce yourself, a kind gentleman named Hanky will answer everything for you. ask him to let you see the goatse files, there you will find the answer to all your questions and more

--------------------
We got Nothing!
we're no longer selling jars.  :laugh:

Offlinexburn
V card
Re: special cake ingredients, white rice and sterialize question [Re: MikeOLogical]
    #4095869 - 04/25/05 04:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

lol a good deed a day right

--------------------

Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

#4095913 - 04/25/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

My first question was, people that sell some jars say this, sterialized jar with brown rice flour and vermiculit and 32 other secret ingreidents to help grow your mushrooms, and one person said SPAWNMAT.
SOmeone mention to place 2 alchol soaked coffee filters of the top of my jars. you mean, put them over the jar then put the lid right.
Yes Clidox is a suirface cleaner.

Incubation. Well, I've read so many threads already. Some say you can put them anywhere, in a box, under your bed, whatever, but the key is to cleap the temp warm right. The reason I am asking is like I said, I was thinking about puttim them into the orginal jar box, woudl that be a prob.

nat

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag