Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes?
    #4095481 - 04/25/05 02:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

okay so im going to canada this summer to go to an electronic music festival called WEMF.
i want to bring around 3 or 4 cases (80-100 pipes) of glass pipes. i probably wont sell them all at the fest, which has probalby 2-4 thosand people.

so i will be bringing what i have left, back across the border with me when i return. if they are all clean and labeled for tobacco use only what sort of legal issues can come about? can they take my pipes? can they charge me?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #4095510 - 04/25/05 02:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The only legal issue I could see is that you're crossing the border for business and they might give you shit about claiming money or some crap like that. I can't back that up at all, it's just the first thing that comes to mind. Just keep them in the trunk, packaged as much as you can and you should be fine. You might want to look up something about border crossings into canada and see what their stance is on such an issue. You could also email some government official in canada and ask them.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes? [Re: discoabe]
    #4095557 - 04/25/05 02:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

te problem wont be the canadian officials, it will be the united states customs assholes.

i have gone to canada twice, always in mid july
the first time was the summer of defacto weed legalisation and my car reeked when i was crossing back. i got detained and my car was searched, they didnt find anyhting, even though there was weed in my car ! haha

the second time last year they just asked me if i had been smoking or had any weed i said no, and there was no search.

imsure that im in their computer as a smoker or somthing like that, atleast the search will be on file.... and the reason for it.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
    #4095638 - 04/25/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

glass pipes are illegal now? i havent been to a head shop in a WHILE...

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4095824 - 04/25/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You probably won't get arrested for the pipes alone but you might want to practice your cavity search procedure. You know, loosening exercises and spontaneous lubricant application. Just a word to the wise. The stupid won't listen.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4095842 - 04/25/05 03:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why would you even consider doing this? If you sold 100 pipes at $5 ea and they cost you nothing you haven't even paid for the trip. There isn't enough money in this to justify the aggravation.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#4095932 - 04/25/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

umm where are you from my glass pipes go for about $20-$25 usd a piece, and thats for a color changing spoon...
soooo 20*20=$400 enough to pay for the trip... but im sure in canada they will go for less even if those were canadian dollars at 1.20 to the dollar,still around $330 and then i can trade glass for food and other things at the fest.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#4096151 - 04/25/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

and he gets to go to an electronic music festival? since when was it all about the money. sounds fun to me, have at it.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #4096194 - 04/25/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

didn't tommy chong get his shop closed down and get arrested for just selling pipes? If it involves the US, I'm sure they could do something.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes? [Re: daussaulit]
    #4096359 - 04/25/05 05:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Tommy got a lot worse than shut down. As to your pipes, OK, they're nice. What is your markup then? I mean really, why fucking bother? First you gotta shlep them there then you gotta shlep them back, at risk of at least raising customs flags, and you gotta take care of them there. For fucking peanuts. Just go enjoy the show unencumbered. Strikes me as a total pain in the ass with very little upside and a potentially huge downside. But, do what you want. It's your ass.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#4096481 - 04/25/05 06:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

zappa you seem to be very oposed to this idea...... and my business. this is my only job att he moment and im doing everything i can to be a self employed person.

im not sure what my markup is, i can make about 20 pipes with abot $60 worth of glass $20 worth of 02 and about $5 of propane.. then theres probablt another $10 in there for wear and tear and silver and the like.... so lets see.... well call it $100 for 20 pipes.... which is around $330 probably less in gross profit, leaving me aobut $230 net profit.
then theres 1500 miles on my car and the gas $140, and a $50 ticket for the fest and $60 for food
so basically i go to an electronic music festival for free, people get bowls at a good price and it all works out.

otherwise i probably wouldnt be able to afford it.

its not a big deal to bring all of that glass up there at all, but if i dont sell it all i might have a problem coming back into the usa.

tommy chong was busted for selling over the internet and got 18 months, he had an interview on NPR's fresh air program about the issue and his prosecutor was also interviewed. good stuff. but basically the dea wanted a head on a stake and his was the one they wanted. big money in his game. not on mine.

also he didnt even own the business, it was his son's. in the court case he was forced to purgur himself and say that he owned it.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4096631 - 04/25/05 07:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't think there was much profit in handicrafts. Everybody I know who does it complains long and loud that there aint no money in it. I am glad you can make money at it and enjoy doing it but for the life of me I have to tell you I think you'd be insane to make a border crossing. You're just begging for an unlubricated inspection. Unless of course you're into that. Anyway, what ever you do I wish you good luck. And enjoy the show.

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#4096710 - 04/25/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i dont know, im bringing it with me and im going to go and bring what i have back with me, mail would be worse than crossing. i have talked to my lawyer about glass before, but never with border crossings....
id be sure to have his pager number that day. i doubt they would care that much about a kid with a few pipes, i would probably drop my prices just to sell them as quick as i could before the weekend was over...

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineJ4S0N
human
 User Gallery

#4097029 - 04/25/05 08:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A female friend of mine was crossing the border into the USA from Canada with her family. The customs guy was suspicious because they were portugese, so they were all searched. She had forgot that her glass pipe was in her pocket. After that she was stripped searched and banned from the USA for 5 years.

All because of a racial profiling and a glass pipe.. land of the free my ass haha

--------------------
"The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any significance in the major media." ~ William Colby, Former Director, CIA

Edited by J4S0N (04/25/05 08:32 PM)

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes? [Re: J4S0N]
    #4097804 - 04/26/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

glass pipe, or used glass pipe? having resin in it is a completely different deal than with a clean pipe.... which im off to make..

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes? [Re: J4S0N]
    #4099694 - 04/26/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't know Portugese was a race.

--------------------

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
    #4101923 - 04/27/05 07:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

why dont you bring them there with you, then ship the ones you dont sell, back to you in the usa...i have a freind that lives in portland and that is his only job also...If there clean there fine...dont lissen to the hype..you will be fine...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Entering the USA with a case or 2 of Glass pipes? [Re: starptv23]
    #4102255 - 04/27/05 10:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i think that shipping could be even more of a problem and i would have less of a chance getting them through customs when i cant be there to raise hell and call my lawyer on the event of their confiscation..,.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
    #4102279 - 04/27/05 10:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i dont think you would have problems through the mail I recive things there all the time and like i said my friend that sells femo and glass ships stuff back to him from canada to portland or with never a problem...if there clean it is all good...i think you might be freaking out a bit about it...metal is illigal not glass...just dont smoke out of them...good luck...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds