Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: liveby]
    #4061981 - 04/16/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

very nice thread!
:sun:

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4095070 - 04/25/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Great thread. When is a good plantint time for Arizona?

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Poppies - from Poppyseed to Opium [Re: liveby]
    #4098211 - 04/26/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

liveby said:
hm i wonder if anyone has tried the old fashion 3rd world country way and piss on the garden?

It works i think your piss is 90-0-0 Nitrogen up the ass!!! If you do do it dilute yoru piss alot or you will burn the little things.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Offlinegobbler
Stranger
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4103961 - 04/27/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i heart poppies, how long dfrom the time they open till lancing?

InvisibleCloud9
I don't feel, and it feels great
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: between here and there
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: gobbler]
    #4119906 - 05/01/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Mine are only about three weeks old and about 2" tall..

--------------------

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: Cloud9]
    #4130461 - 05/03/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If guerrilla farming has low germination rates, would it be better to grow them in peat pots until germination, and then plant the peat pots?

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4131246 - 05/04/05 02:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If only the seeds do not contain opium, is there a way or is it worth extracting it from the plant itself after harvest?

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineMykul
Shaman of Analog
 User Gallery

Loc: From Seattle to Palm Spri...
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4134909 - 05/04/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I found that if one just cuts the stem of the poppy and then makes the cuts, holding the stem upside down over a liter or so of H2O or even allowing the heads of the poppy to rest just below the surface of the water, one can cut the hard part out completely. The latex mixes well with water and one can go from plant to cooked opium with out the painful task of the harvest. I know you can't harvest as much from one plant as you would if you did give it a couple of days, but if you have plenty of the flowers and was not trying to open your own drug store then this would work just fine. It has worked for me and I learned this in Laos. My mother is Hmong, and although it says most Hmong do not prefer it cooked some do. Just a little tip I picked up in my travels. Plus if you hang them over the water and add a little heat to the water to cause it to steam then the latex will drip into the water and begin the cooking process sooner.

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #4161704 - 05/11/05 12:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

wow perfect day to find this thread...I've started some single red tasmanians as well grocery store variety for comparison...and I got pics and am pretty sure thye need some water but I don't wanna over do it obviously...this is only from 1 mornining in the sun...I'll get a pic of the left over seeds in a bit(they are red so looks like seed colour can in cases be in indicitive to flower colour :P and much smaller then grocery store seeds and from a VERY reliable source whos written an amazing guide as well just not sure about the water for now I wanna know how much water to add and if my method for adding water seems adequate(60cc syringe)

I have a horrible fuckin body flu so apologize if I'm not makign sense in anyway...I need 500mg naproxen plus an apple(since that much naproxen can cause ulsers without food, oh and I take effexor which will also contribute to stomach damage if I don't eat with the pill) sitting by my bed for when I wake up just to get up...I'm not used to pouding headaches ick...anyways on with the pics and advice(hopefully)

these first ones were taken when the sun was just about down..so I apologize for the sliht blurriness..I've never taken pics at sundown before

heres the pics of what needs to watered and obviously the 1 dosen't(ironically thats the spice :P)...anyways how much water should I had per lil tray when they get dry like that..I'm assuming I should water, they are around 2" x 2" x 2"...

heres what I was planning on watering very gently with

and I'll update this post with a pic of the seeds I used later on and I apologize again but stomach is burnin so prolly best to get something else in there to avoid stomach problems...last thing I want is an ulcer..so anyways I've been distratced while typing this up so if something don't makes sense since I'm cloudly headed as it is I'll edit that later too

Edited by Iamthewalrus (05/11/05 12:36 PM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4172682 - 05/13/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I decided to mist lightly for watering instead and when it rains it goes under and old truck hood we got...since its not warm out theres no heat build up and they still get light...pretty sure I see some germination but its VERY hard to tell...the sinle red seeds are like grains of sand...heres the best pic I could get

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4172704 - 05/13/05 08:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

oh and I'll ask starter if I can post the guide he made for me...its the best I've seen so far(no offence or anything hes just pro all the way) :smile:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4173830 - 05/14/05 07:38 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Please post it right here in this thread!

I've had a personal communication the other day where someone told me he had a habit consisting of a daily shot of 100mg extracted hydrocodone. (extracted from 10 Vicodin, quite messy to shoot that)

Said person tried my Lemon Laudanum with 5 grams of ground poppyheads, which he soaked overnight. That morning he drank it down while experiencing physical withdrawal of not having shot his daily hydrocodone.

He ended up being surprised by the strength of the drug's effects. It was not as euphoric as shot hydrocodone but he experienced a strong body high as well as surprisingly strong mental effects.

5gr of poppyheads contains about 75-250mg (1-4 grains) of standardized Opium and is more than i'd recommend a newbie.

Still that its potency impressed someone with a shot 100mg hydrocodone habit shows that Lemon Laudanum (and poppyhead tea) certainly is no laughing matter.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: Asante]
    #4174106 - 05/14/05 10:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

lol I dunno if I should talk what starter has done or not but I think this is ok...first time he tried edible opium he od'd lol...only funny cause he pulled through :smile:...I love u dude seriously...I would love to have your level of patience and will power :smile:

EDIT: I'm waiting on starters word cause I don't think he made this guide public so I have to respect that he may not want it to be

Edited by Iamthewalrus (05/14/05 02:36 PM)

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4175151 - 05/14/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

not sure if you saw my other thread, I will post my questions here for you.

(quoted from another thread, sorry for the cross reference no one gave me exact answers)

I was wondering if an ever clear extraction of pods would leave anything behind a hot water extraction would not.
And vice verse, does pod tea leave actives in the left over straw?

Quoted from W_S:

"This happens because of heating over 70'C which destroys the Meconic acid which makes the alkaloids more soluble. Meconic acid and Narcotine/noscapine significantly potentiate the Opium without being true narcotics themselves."

So a low simmer at less that 70'C is the best way to make pods tea, temperature wise?
Could these pods be used again in an everclear laudanum extraction for any effects?

70'C= how close to boiling temp? I always used to get the water hot just before it boils, and then pour it over my pods, but I am thinking a low simmer at or below 70C will be more beneficial.?

and one more ;0

Are you saying a 8 hour cold water soak will get everything a 10 minute simmer will?

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

#4176968 - 05/15/05 01:13 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Here is a tek to extract morphine from pods.

Quote:

iceolated smokeables
by Ab Strak

fresh pods were freezed, then ground in a blender, with 3 volume equivalents of cold water,
and allowed to stand for 1 hour.
The resulting goo was stirred, then sifted crudely, to retain the biggest pieces.
The filtrate was allowed to stand for 1 hour at room temperature, after which the fairly clear,
light brown top layer was decanted into a bottle, which was not to be filled completely.
The filter residue was extracted again with water, fractions were combined.
The closed bottle was kept still, in a freezer at -5 centigrade until 2/3 of the solution was frozen.
The freezing solution was filtrated, after which the ice was discarded.
The filtrate was put back in the bottle, and the freezing procedure was repeated.
The resulting brown solution was allowed to evaporate on a hot water bath,
yielding a brittle brown substance which was potent and tasteful enough to smoke pleasurably.

Hypothesis of the success of the procedure:

The active ingredient, a morphine salt, is highly soluble, even in cold water.
Acid or base addition is unnecessary and unwanted because of possible decomposition of the salt,
into possibly less soluble constituents.

Heating is unnecessary and unwanted because of possible degradation of saccharides and peptides (inflicted effect explained below),
and additional dissolving other unwanted materials, like lipids.

The crystallization of water in the solution forces other molecules than water out of the matrix.
Small molecules, like morphine maleate move easily to stay in the liquid phase.
Large molecules, like (poly)saccharides and (poly)peptides can not move easily enough, and are included in the ice.
An additional effect may be that plant saccharides have a high affinity to water.
So, may be, small saccharides are included in the ice as well.

The freezing therefore accomplishes a separation between alkaloids and "nutritional" materials.
This statement is confirmed by direct evaporation of cold water extract.

It is important not to break the ice crystals during formation, because cavities will form, enclosing active ingredients.
This is experimentally confirmed.

Additional note:
The extraction can be accomplished from dried pods also, however, a third extraction step is required,
and more time to allow for dissolving.

and here is the same tek written by another person, reworded( somewhat simpler to understand0

Quote:

1. Take pods, dried or fresh, and freeze them
2. Add 4 parts water for each 1 part pod material into a blender and grind it up good
3. Pour it over in a mug or similar, stirr it well for some minutes, then let it sit for about 1 hour in room temp.
4. Strain it to discard the biggest chunks, use a strainer with fairly big holes.
5. Fill the upper brown and most clear layer over into a bottle, let the rest stay in the mug
6. Extract the goo and particles left in the mug with more water, like was done with the pods in step 2 and 3.
7. Strain and pour this solution also over into the bottle
8. Shake bottle and put in a freezer (Dont cap the bottle, could explode if pressure expands it while freezing)
9. When half the solution in the bottle has frozen filtrate it with a cloth (t-shirts work fine) and discard the ice.
10. Put the solution back into bottle, shake it well, freeze it down again like in step 8 and 9.
11. Take this second filtrated solution and evaporate it in a pot placed in a larger pot with cooking water (warm bath)
12. The brown substance left in the smaller pot when evaporated, sometimes a bit like mexican tar, can be smoked.

This type of Morphine salt extracted with this method is highly soluble in cold water
No need for any acidic chemicals in the process, no ascorbic acid, lemon juice, etc. This makes it less soluble.
The morphine stays in the water, the junk in the ice that you discard.

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: flowstone]
    #4177019 - 05/15/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I really fuckin hate how theres like 10 diff types of weeds around here that look pretty much identical to poppies(at an early stage) is there some kinda of test you can do or look for something? I really have no clue...I'm brand new to the horticulture world :P...well poppys for sure

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

#4177067 - 05/15/05 01:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

HOLY MOLY!
THank goodness poppies.org is working

I just got through page twenty of the threads in the 'tea room', reading select threads.
GREAT INFO..
Something to note: When making tea from the stems, use only the top 5 inches of the stem. THe bottom portion of the stem contains aprox 30% alkaloids that the top 5 inches hold, or roughly only 10% that the pods would hold.

Also, always wipe your pods down to remove dust and anything on the outside. use a damp cloth and possible add a small amount of vinegar to the dampness.

--------------------

OfflineBostonSteamer
Stranger

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: flowstone]
    #4183650 - 05/16/05 06:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

sorry to be off topic but.... Flowstone(or fellow shroomers) do you know of any teks for extracting hydrocodone from either dried pods or raw opium, thanks guys

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: BostonSteamer]
    #4204537 - 05/21/05 07:17 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sowed these gigs last February, accidently broke a leaf and found some neat stuff.  Apparently thinnings are also slightly active :wink:

I read at poppies.org how some veterns prefer to mix ground pods with Cookies and Cream ice-cream.  They said less is used than with T and the taste is masked well, but I'd still like to try the Lemonaide.

I'm going to let the largest pods go to seed and collect and dry the rest for a floral arrangment a few days after they reach maturity, to avoid people seeing them and theft.

Does anyone have an opinion if the Nods are pronounced more from any one certain derivative?  Or is codiene just the most desirable?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Offlinerocknliam
happy willowdweller
 User Gallery

Re: Poppies -- from Poppyseed to Cooked Opium [Re: schmutzen]
    #4213240 - 05/24/05 05:35 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Flowstone, do you have any personal experience of that working? Or can anyone vouch for the method?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures