Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction
    #4094546 - 04/25/05 09:11 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Cause in a few days, I'm getting:

a 12 inch powerbook with a built-in wireless card, and my apartment is close to a public park that is wired for really fast FREE wireless internet, which reaches my apartment nice and easylike. :grin:  I'm really looking forward to sitting up in bed with a laptop on my, well er, lap, smoking a :spliff: while typing on here.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4094572 - 04/25/05 09:18 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

how much?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4094578 - 04/25/05 09:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

sounds like an awsome plan. what are you doing with your old one?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Male

#4094587 - 04/25/05 09:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

$1602 with my college discount, with a 100 GB Hard Drive and 768 MB of RAM. 'tis going to be fucking sweet.

dan, my old computer is going to become a full-on video editing station...I have very limited hard drive space on it but definitely enough for one last project which I'm writing right now. Other than that, since my stereo died, my iMac has taken over the responsibility of being my stereo. It has all 50 GB of my music on it anyway. It'll also be for storage whereas the laptop will be my primary computer, for writing mainly.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

#4094598 - 04/25/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

when you say last project, is it for school or for fun? wheres waldo and the arm wrestling were great! keep up the good work

--------------------

Male

Re: I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction [Re: danlennon3]
    #4094602 - 04/25/05 09:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:tongue2:  Thanks man, I hope I get to show those to a bunch of shroomerites one day but you were the grand experiment of "will anyone but my friends think these are funny?"

Project is just for fun..I'm done with school and decided not to switch to the film program halfway, I've just been making all those movies for one class I took and for fun.  I'm trying to write a bit of a serious one now.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
    #4094605 - 04/25/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

public parks have wireless networks where you live? fuckin sweet

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Male

Re: I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction [Re: SuperD]
    #4094607 - 04/25/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

YEah most of the NYC public parks are wired for it...I live right near Tompkins Square Park downtown which has a really fast network set up.

Also, there are certain phone booths around New York City that have these black boxes mounted on top of them and signs saying that they're wireless Hot Spots, and the intersection where they are is totally rigged for wireless, so people with laptops can just stand by the side of the sidewalk and like go online and get directions/showtimes, whatever.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

#4094610 - 04/25/05 09:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yea my friends and i made some hilarious videos, but when we show people out of the group, they are like " what the hell?"

i do have hours of footage of different parties. this made everyone laugh. we did a lot of funny shit. One day when you are done with school, we could chill and watch homeade movies

--------------------

Male

#4094616 - 04/25/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, last night I actually deleted about 30 GB of clips that were imported for movie-making but left on the cutting room floor, freed an assload of space up. Tomorrow I'm going to be backing everything up on DVD-R's to free up more space to it'll process stuff quicker.

It's always fun looking through old footage.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4094618 - 04/25/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

cool, i hope you have good luck with your cpus man. mine always fucking break and have problems and i lose all my info and important files and then i have to pay for all the shit even when there's a warranty on it and blah blah blah. arghhhh!!!! I just have the worst luck though.

Anyway, have fun with that cpu man! :laugh:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Male

Re: I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction [Re: Locus]
    #4094620 - 04/25/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ever since I switched back to macs after my one hellish PC experience, I've had smooth sailing all the way. I suggest the same for you! They just work best for me too because I do video editing, which I don't like doing on PC's with programs like Premiere.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4094646 - 04/25/05 09:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Oh really, that's good to hear. I'm glad somebody's got some luck with cpus. All my fucking life man... cpus... fucking absolute junk!  Alright cool, maybe I'll check some Macs out then :smile:

haha, that new avatar :thumbup: :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Male

#4094649 - 04/25/05 09:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Check out the MacMini - it's a top notch computer by mac standards, and all you get is one tiny box.  You can throw away your PC hard drive, but keep your keyboard, mouse, and monitor and hook them up to this hi-power 500 dollar box. :grin:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4094655 - 04/25/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thanks man, lookin it over now :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #4094706 - 04/25/05 10:20 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

silly mac-heads...

use linux.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4094742 - 04/25/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

apple = no software = bleh.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Male

Re: I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction [Re: baraka]
    #4096178 - 04/25/05 05:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Depends on what you mean by software. If you mean games, well yeah, it's not a gamer's platform..but I only want my computer to be for the internet and creative outlets, and it lets me write screenplays, edit video, and record music.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

#4096518 - 04/25/05 06:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet computer  :thumbup: Parks being wired is sweeter. I wonder if they have that here.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Male

Re: I'm about to increase my shroomery dosage/addiction [Re: BanJankri]
    #4096528 - 04/25/05 06:34 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

It's spreading fast. Philadelphia recently announced a plan to put the ENTIRE CITY on a wireless network, which is pretty fucking wild. I can't wait till a summer sunday when I can smoke a joint on my roof, then take my laptop to the park a block away and lay in the grass while talking to all you silly bastards.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom