Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Lucid Dreaming
    #4094203 - 04/25/05 05:53 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Does anyone else work one producing lucid dreams and seeing the universe that is out there through this medium? I know this might be more suited for s&p, but I kinda want the pub perspective on this, and s&p has been hit over and again with this topic. I want to discuss it among pub people.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4094209 - 04/25/05 06:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yup I do but I havent been able to do much practice recently. After this week is over, I will go back to the basics and start with the exercises again.

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: BanJankri]
    #4094212 - 04/25/05 06:20 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.lucidity.com/

one way that you can do it is by :

dream recall and reality check techniques

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: liveby]
    #4094642 - 04/25/05 11:46 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I'm not terribly good at it, but I've been lucid on 3 separate occasions, all very memorable and wierd.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #4094654 - 04/25/05 11:51 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm ok at realizing I'm dreaming, but then it's like I'm on a blank canvas, nothing is in the dream except for me realizing I'm dreaming. Sometimes I can do things, like fly, drive a car, but there isn't any sound usually for some reason. That pisses me off, but it's definitely something worth exploring.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4094667 - 04/25/05 11:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yup, i've been working on it for many years, im getting a lot better at it now too

its crazy when you suddenly realize you have complete control over the universe, and can make ANYTHING happen, including experiencing infinite different types of consciousness

i like to search the meaning of reality through lucid dreams now, rather than just make random stupid stuff happen

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4094835 - 04/25/05 01:11 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i have in the past, id like to get back into it.. think i will soon.. it's an interesting practice :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Locus]
    #4095127 - 04/25/05 03:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've done it a couple times, nearly all by accident, or controlled accident. It's a very thin line for me, the seperation of awake, sleeping, and the line of lucidity. If i fall too asleep i just sleep and dream normally. I think the copious amounts of pot i've been smoking the past couple months has hindered any attempts at lucidity in dreams... or lucidity in reality for that matter :stoned::strokebeard:

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Hrethic]
    #4095189 - 04/25/05 03:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my biggest problem with it is sometimes once i realize i'm dreaming and start to work in a certain direction, I will sometimes become so absorbed in it that I forget I'm dreaming again and It goes off. I loose the state of lucidity once i've grasped it. I don't imagine it will take long to fix this, but it's annoying. I remember my dreams every night without fail, and I get lucid about one or two times a week, i'm getting better at it fast. I just takes a little work. It's a whole other realty to live in, only time does not exist and anything is possible. it's like a nightly trip.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #4095247 - 04/25/05 03:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I get really pissed sometimes when I'm lucid dreaming..

I dreamt the other night I'm stuck in this house full of vampires with my uncle. Then I realize, oh shit, I'm dreaming, I can do anything. So I whip out this kickass crossbow and this vampire's coming at me, I go to shoot the ugly ass motherfucker and the thing won't fire. Gah. It's always little pissant stuff like that.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

OfflineAyla
The Jaded Candy Raver
Female

Loc: in a little room far away
Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Adden]
    #4095270 - 04/25/05 03:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm able to lucid dream quite often. I meet interesting people in my lucid dreams... it sometimes makes me wonder if I'm really making it all up. The different people seem to have such varied personalities... just like people do in real life.

--------------------
Legalize Marijuana -- Your PC is now Stoned!

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

#4095283 - 04/25/05 03:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
I get really pissed sometimes when I'm lucid dreaming..

I dreamt the other night I'm stuck in this house full of vampires with my uncle. Then I realize, oh shit, I'm dreaming, I can do anything. So I whip out this kickass crossbow and this vampire's coming at me, I go to shoot the ugly ass motherfucker and the thing won't fire. Gah. It's always little pissant stuff like that.

sounds like mabey there is a part of you that craves the anxiety and energy that comes with these small mishaps. If that makes any sense.

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #4095295 - 04/25/05 03:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The fear is quite intense, and I don't get scared easily.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Ayla]
    #4095311 - 04/25/05 03:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ayla said:
I'm able to lucid dream quite often. I meet interesting people in my lucid dreams... it sometimes makes me wonder if I'm really making it all up. The different people seem to have such varied personalities... just like people do in real life.

I belive the world of dreams is another world just as real as the wakeing world. This is why I think it is a mistake not to explore this world, but thats not my point here. What my point is is that I belive these other figures you encounter in dreams are certainly real entities and not simply products of your imagination, they are spirits or inoganic lifeforms or even other dreamers. Contact with known others through the dream medium has been known to happen, although i've not yet done it. I think once I get good enough at this I will be able to summon the presence of my known colleagues in my dreams. I've done stranger things than this, and like I mentioned before, anything is possible here. I get excited about this stuff.

--------------------

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

#4095320 - 04/25/05 03:58 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
The fear is quite intense, and I don't get scared easily.

intensity is an orgasm of the senses, and it's easy to crave that in any form, fear as well as love. I know I personally get into it. I love anything that is intense. That's a big part of why I like drugs, actually.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4095328 - 04/25/05 04:00 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If you're lazy and don't feel like devoting any waking time into lucid dreaming, a good start is to keep a dream journal by your side. Before you go to sleep, tell yourself that you will wake up after every dream and write it down in a journal right next to your bed. Once you have a written record of weeks of dreams, you start to realize their surrealistic character more and gain a slight peek into the workings of your mind, which helps make dreams less of an enigma and over time helps you gain control of them, or at least makes exercises for lucid dreaming easier.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Ravus]
    #4095339 - 04/25/05 04:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

this is a very good point and something i've done at times but not consistently, i've been meaning to start, and as soon as I submit this post I am going to place a notepad and a pen next to my bed. Given my resolve for this endevor it would be dumb not to.

--------------------

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#4095639 - 04/25/05 05:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I used to be really into it, and probably will again when my sleep schedule isn't so hectic. I've had actually lucid dreams maybe 3 times. I'd really like to explore it more in the future though. This is a pretty good introductory site:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/index.html

I've also got a bunch of fairly long text files on lucid dreaming that I'll gladly PM anyone interested, but they're kind of lengthy to post here, if I remember correctly.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Re: Lucid Dreaming [Re: Hooty]
    #4095698 - 04/25/05 05:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know from personal experience that you can provoke lucid dreaming by training yourself to recognize certain cues in your dreams. only 3 is (if I may be so bold to say) sad. This is a whole other world for you to live in, but time does not exist, you can actually, imho, get more out of it than you might in your wakeing life. It's worth exploration.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #4095792 - 04/25/05 05:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i have lucid dreamed countless times in my life. flying is by far one of the greatest things you can do while dreaming lucidly. recently, every time I'm having a good dream, such as making love with the hottest girl ever, i realize that its a dream and i can do anything i want... then i wake up! my brain gets too aroused and causes me to wake from a dream that could have been extremely fun. ever since i started blazing every day, i haven't had much luck remembering the dreams.

has anyone ever tripped in dreams? i had a few good ones. one time i had a big bowl of mushrooms and for some reason i put milk on them and ate it like cereal. then i started hallucinating and got body feelings.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Community >> The Pub