Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePooface
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Pics from my first hunt
    #4093229 - 04/24/05 09:17 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I finally talked my girlfriend :pimpslap:into going out and seeing what we could find. Shes not so interested in my new hobby but we went to the library and got a few books and headed out to the local park. We didn't have very much luck but I'll post my findings. We were trying to get off the beaten path to say but the only mushrooms we found were growing out of the steps on the main path. I'm not looking for much identification help since I'm pretty sure I didn't find anything interesting. But if anyone knows it offhand it would be appreciated.

These are the first little guys we found.

Heres a close up. Fairly small, hollow stem, black or purple spores, doesn't seem to bruise much.

This is the second batch we found.

I think these are the same ones. They were right next to the other ones but are obviously deteriorating.

Theres the underside. These were alittle bit bigger. Im pretty sure the spores are a dark purple. Cap is about 1" in dia. and the stem is about 3" long and also hollow.

After marching up in the woods we went down by the beach to look around.

I then saw a snake and promptly ran back to the car ending my hunt.

On my way back I found this clam in the grass and it had eaten a fly. I returned it to the water and have no idea how it got that far away from the beach. It was probably a good 500 feet away and up hill.

I had fun at least. Hopfully will have better luck next time. :cheers:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecube428
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: A-TX
Re: Pics from my first hunt [Re: Pooface]
    #4093262 - 04/24/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wow- those are some nice lookin pix- Im not sure on any IDs but are some of those inky caps- perhaps... probably not due to the coloring of the caps- i just thought some of them looked inky-cap'ish'

good luck tho bro

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Pics from my first hunt [Re: cube428]
    #4093917 - 04/25/05 12:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah the last 3 pictures are coprinus sp. possibly coprinus micaceus. the first two look a little like coprinus atramentarius, but thats not for sure. welcome to the shroomery, and congrats on your first hunt. Get out there as often as you can, you usualy learn something new every hunt!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags