Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Stomach discomfort
    #4093487 - 04/24/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Eversince my one bad trip on shrooms, everytime I eat them my stomach feels like shit during the comeup. I often feel as if I'm going to puke, and sometimes I do.

I know this is in my head, but I can't seem to shake that feeling in my stomach during my comeup, regardless what I'm expecting before the trip. I'm just wondering if there's anything I can take to make the come up more comforable. Because when I'm coming up, I associate that feeling with a bad trip, as it first happened during one. It makes me a bit nervous for a short period of time. I also have an extremely hard time sitting down during a comeup. I haven't had another bad trip, but I have had times where I would have rather not been tripping because of it.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: MeThoD]
    #4093964 - 04/25/05 12:40 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Take a walk or bike ride.

Music

And what i feel helps alot is take your time eating them. I eat mine over an hour. eat 1/4 right away. 1/4 15min later. 1/4 when you start to feel something. And eat the rest of it 15min after that. I had only done this once...but the come up was a breeze. It just slowly lifted me up...it didnt tear me into the sky like it does when i eat them all at once.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4095290 - 04/25/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Grind the shrooms into powder and put them into empty gel caps, that is the best way to avoid discomfort.

Most of the discomfort comes from trying to digest the tough mushroom fibers.

Grind 'em good, or extract into tea... your discomfort will be much less.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineSynapticMisfire
Stranger

Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: Rose]
    #4096424 - 04/25/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Grind 'em good, or extract into tea

Tea is very efficient at destroying stomach discomfort. Also, try eating some Ginger before dosing.

--------------------

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: SynapticMisfire]
    #4096592 - 04/25/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If you eat fresh, then chew them up really well, or try a remedy for torn up stomach, I use a shot of vinegar with some water. It tastes nasty, but it gets the job done.

OfflineXoch1p1ll1
Stranger
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: ckyrock]
    #4096997 - 04/25/05 08:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Try something like weed first to relax you. This could help with nausea and nervousness, either of which could be reasons this is happening to you.

OfflineKodath
strangerThan

Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: Xoch1p1ll1]
    #4097063 - 04/25/05 08:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah my roommate gets the same trouble, he hates the taste of mushrooms so he tries his best to swallow them whole. I don't mind it, so I usually chew on them for a minute or two and I've never had anything more than a very mild stomach ache for 10 minutes or so. I agree with Cervantes that the fibers are probably causing the trouble. So yeah, grinding them up or making tea seems like the best way.

--------------------

Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Offlinecrazymanja
Bug Eyed Earl
 User Gallery

Loc: I GOT SHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: Kodath]
    #4097258 - 04/25/05 09:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Damn man I just at 3grams of some blue meanies I grew and my stomach is feeling really fucked up. I'm gonna go smoke :crazy: one and tell ya if the herb helps.

--------------------
"My mom thinks I'm special"

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: Rose]
    #4100203 - 04/26/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:

Meh... I don't know about the tea. My bad trip involved tea, 3 hours of my stomach feeling like shit, and lots of throwing up.

I'll give the gelcaps a shot, does anyone know where I can get them?

--------------------

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#4100235 - 04/26/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i've seen them for sale in my town at a whole/organic foods store. very hippie establishment, but it rocks..

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: idiotek]
    #4102675 - 04/27/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I used to get upset stomach. Then stopped eating caps, and now only eat stems. I've scraped the gills out of dried caps before eating and that helped. I figure it is she spores or something in the gills that does not sit right with my stomach. YMMV

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4103749 - 04/27/05 05:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MasonsChild said:
I used to get upset stomach. Then stopped eating caps, and now only eat stems. I've scraped the gills out of dried caps before eating and that helped. I figure it is she spores or something in the gills that does not sit right with my stomach. YMMV

Hrrm... do you think that it affects how high you get if you scrape the gills? If not, I might give that a shot.

--------------------

Offlinecubensis_chris
Stranger
    #4104799 - 04/27/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Perhaps a bonamin or other brand of motion sickness pill 30 minutes -1 hour before you munch.

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: cubensis_chris]
    #4107227 - 04/28/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

No loss from scraping the gills out.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4107772 - 04/28/05 04:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MeThoD said:
Quote:

Cervantes said:

Meh... I don't know about the tea. My bad trip involved tea, 3 hours of my stomach feeling like shit, and lots of throwing up.

I'll give the gelcaps a shot, does anyone know where I can get them?

Hey man... I also had a LOT of stomach discomfort from tea. I think it really depends on the person. I felt like I had horribly large amounts of liquid in my stomach for hours after... it felt very uncomfortable, and I didn't end up shaking it completely until I ate several hours later.

I think that tea is overrated... maybe it's just tea on an empty stomach that does it, though... don't know.

Also: I always grind my shrooms up and I still get a queezy stomach for the duration.

I have a history of stomach problems, so I may be a bit of a singularity on these issues... but my point is that I think it's the psilocybin and/or the mushroom material itself that causes the discomfort, not the fiber.

Offlinenesta
the Idiot
Loc: United Snakes
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4108199 - 04/28/05 06:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, i think it mostly varies from person to person, because i DO throw up EVERY time i try to eat straight mushrooms. almost 100% of my shroom trips were done via tea for this reason alone. it doesn't upset my stomach half as much as eating, plus i'm not always gagging on nasty tasting mushrooms because it just tastes like....well...tea! also i have found that mushroom cocoa is a great idea! did this last time i tripped....made it just like i would make the tea, but adding raspberry hot cocoa mix to the hot shroomy water instead of a teabag.

personally, i tried getting the mushrooms into gelcaps once before and i doubt i ever will again. what it all boils down to is that theres still several grams of tough to digest fungal matter in those pills, it just gets hit with the stomach acid about 20 minutes later than otherwise, once the capsule dissolves. plus that was awful cause then i got gas from it and had to suffer through the dreaded mushroom burps for almost the entire trip. yeck!

but its all on the individual. i would recommend capsules if holding down the shrooms is not the issue so much as the actual revolting process of eating them. if you're going to use capsules though, it will most likely be around 6 or more capsules you'll have to take. i'd recommend taking them slowly, 2 at first, 1 10 mins. later, etc. so your stomach isn't hit with all this stuff all at once.

same goes for tea. you have to drink it slowly....i tend to try to sip mine over the course of half an hour to forty five minutes. because its liquid, it doesn't have to be digested much in the stomach, and the active substances are absorbed very rapidly. because of this, if you drink all the tea in a few gulps on an empty stomach, this can cause initial effects in as little as about ten minutes. of course this has advantages, but one terrible disadvantage is that it can cause a LOT of stomach upset if its a large dose. but i find tea when sipped slowly tends to produce much less discomfort.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #4109693 - 04/29/05 02:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've always had a bad time when it comes to mushroom come ups. My stomach isn't that strong, so it does affect me quite a bit and have puked on numerous trips.
I've found ways to avoid it, but no way to completely avoid nausea. Although once I ate a bunch of dried shrooms, which didn't do much, so I took the other ones that I had put into gelcaps and 30 mins later had a smoke. Kicked them all in and had no nausea whatsoever. I prefer to peak without marijuana though and save it for the comedown.
My main method is to eat them slowly (a few shrooms every few minutes then a brief pause) and wash each mouthful down with ginger beer. Ginger beer has quite a powerful taste, so it's great for covering the taste. I also take care not to chew it like I would normal food - I chew with my teeth only and then take a mouthful of liquid. Much easier to get down, and no gagging whatsoever. Halfway through I eat some papaya chewable pills, then resume eating the shrooms with ginger beer. After they're all done, I eat some more papaya and keep them on standby in case I need more.
Then I put on a movie to distract me (usually I put the movie on before I start eating and just munch away through the movie) and switch the movie off once the nausea has passed enough to be comfortable and then put on some music. I still feel a bit of nausea (and mostly discomfort from being sober then tripping) and I sometimes visit the bathroom to take a piss or generally just try to relax myself. Always seems to be a rough take off, so I just have to deal with it the best I can. Since I started doing this, I haven't puked anymore. I can imagine I might on much higher doses, but it's no big deal having to puke - I usually feel fine after purging.
Main key is DISTRACTION! Don't focus on the stomach discomfort - that's a big mistake (although sometimes it's hard to not notice it). If you feel like you have to puke, head to the toilet, but sit down, relax and take a piss instead. I find that if I do that, I calm down instead of heading to the toilet and sticking my head in the bowl and gagging it all up.
But, then again, we're all different, so it may not work. Give ginger and papaya a shot though, and try distracting yourself.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: Sheepish]
    #4112550 - 04/29/05 08:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sheepish said:Main key is DISTRACTION! Don't focus on the stomach discomfort - that's a big mistake (although sometimes it's hard to not notice it).

That's very true. Usually I'm all good if I'm outside during the day, because the colours begin to get brighter and it's quite distracting.

--------------------

InvisibleEuphoriaReturns
Stranger
Re: Stomach discomfort *DELETED* [Re: MeThoD]
    #4176972 - 05/15/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Post deleted by EuphoriaReturns

Reason for deletion: Because I want to.

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: EuphoriaReturns]
    #4177348 - 05/15/05 07:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I never get any kind of stomach discomfort whatso ever unless I take a veryu high dose and vomit. And even then the discomfort only lasts for a couple of minutes until I vomit. I guess that I have a strong stomach or something.

OfflinemickyJ
Benkenobi

Loc: Europe @ the droid harves...
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4185991 - 05/17/05 10:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yer i get the stomach thing every time i have them but it only lasts bout 5mins or so during the comeup, actually almost right after the stomach thing i start noticing visuals and soon forget about the stomach and dont even know its gone away, sorry to hear you get it so bad but yer i would suggest try to distract yourself from it by engagin in an activity durin the comeup.

All the best.

--------------------
Old Ben

I beleive that my job in mappin the impulse pathways of a single neuron can allow us to open a mecca into the quailitative functions of the human geno...

Please support your local free spore ring by sendin back prints from successful grows, FSRE

Offlineagent_smith
newb
Re: Stomach discomfort [Re: Toddo]
    #25565518 - 10/25/18 06:09 AM (5 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Toddo said:
Take a walk or bike ride.

Music

And what i feel helps alot is take your time eating them.  I eat mine over an hour.  eat 1/4 right away.  1/4 15min later.  1/4 when you start to feel something.  And eat the rest of it 15min after that.  I had only done this once...but the come up was a breeze.  It just slowly lifted me up...it didnt tear me into the sky like it does when i eat them all at once.

I do the same thing. I actually enjoy the taste, so I'll really savor them, bite by bite. I've heard that the active compounds are most easily absorbed in the mouth, so I try to really chew them slowly and hold them in my mouth as long as possible, meaning it takes me a long time to eat them.

Also, there are a lot of predigestive enzymes in your saliva, so really taking your time and chewing them well might make them a lot easier to digest.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale