Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejak1357
DaArtOfStoryTelling
Loc: Florida, near tampa.
Few more quick questions.
    #4093477 - 04/25/05 12:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

was just wondering, why its soo easy to get an infection inside growing shrooms, but they grow soo easily outside in the wild??? i mean theirs gotta be tons of bad shit outside in the cow fields....

second question,
whats the best (reliable for sterilness) site to get the CHEAPEST syringe, I just need one, maybe if this grow works out Ill get more than 1 next time, but its gonna be a low budget grow (~ 50$)

also are their any strains that are much more visualy pyscedilic (sp) than others, / strain that produces alot more than a regular one and/or is resistant to infection.....i mean lots of these spore vendors claim certain ones doo, but i wanted some first hand knowledge.

also is it possible to inject a jar with like half of one strain and half another to make a "cross" strain????

thanks a ton guys

edit: i just finnaly found out what casing is, im guessing it would be better to wait till my 2nd or 3rd grow to do this, when i start to get a feel for everything?

EDIT AGN: one last question for this post, and prob. my most important, Whats the esiest way to make an airtight lid for a 10gal aqarium? the way its explained in the tek guide doesnt make any sense to me and I cant find it anywhere else?

--------------------
- and people always told me money doesn't grow on tree's

Edited by jak1357 (04/25/05 12:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Few more quick questions. [Re: jak1357]
    #4093674 - 04/25/05 01:11 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

They can grow on infected substrate indoors, just like nature, but you don't want to consume the fruits because the possibility exists that the mycelium absorbed toxins from the competing organisms. In nature, I'm sure it's the same, but I personally don't go hunting to see what else is growing on cow shit that might compete with the mushrooms.

As far as syringes, use any of the shroomery sponsors. They're cheap, reliable, and many currently have specials that will run you in your price range.

I've grown GT, mexi-cub, mazapatec,Koh Samui, and I still can't tell you which one is more visual over the others, etc. I believe that there's a certain amount of psychosomatic effect based on reading about the different strains. They're all the same species, so as far as some being more resistant to contamination, I doubt it. Mycelium produces enzymes to protect itself, but it won't make up for poor sterilization techniques you may practice.

No, you can't make a cross strain by injecting two different strains of the same species. I tried that once, and I couldn't tell you if a strain overpowered the other, but they all looked the same.

Yeah, I recommend birthing some cakes before you try casing, but even a newb can handle it, just read, read, read, and be patient.

I can't tell you how to make an airtight container, I never used one. It's never caused any big problems.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Edited by Crasher (04/25/05 01:19 AM)

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Few more quick questions. [Re: Crasher]
    #4093695 - 04/25/05 01:16 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Outside is WAY cleaner than inside your house....

Your house is enclosed, outside has many factors, like wind for instance, the wind blows shit EVERYWHERE, there's just so much space, whereas a house, it'll just blow to another room, heh....

It's best not to eat mushrooms growing around b/c like FW said, they absorb toxins...:nonono:

I've noticed slight differences in p. cubes....but it's probably just little difference in amounts of pysiloben/cin and beaocrystin...

Cross strains...:rotfl:....won't happen, it CAN'T

Search (using the shroomery search function), for TiT(tub in tub) (for incubation) and PmP (poor mans pod) (for fruiting)...Doesn't have to be airtight...I think that you're talking about a pos. presssure flowhood....which is for a sterilye environment for g2g transfers, making spore prints, ect ect...

Gl

-Gnostic

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Few more quick questions. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4093739 - 04/25/05 01:28 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a couple more additions:
pharmacies sell cheap sterile syringes (at least over here) - worth a try

to seal up my tub i simply line the brim out with aluminium foil and press on the lid

Cross strains dont work, cause the mycelia dont grow together but instead coexist.

F+ is suppsed to be very visual, for me mazatapec is visual (CEV (Closed I visuals) are very realistic images even at low doses and with open eyes my fav cartoon land of those ive tried.

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlinejak1357
DaArtOfStoryTelling
    #4093789 - 04/25/05 01:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ahh just found the other man guide for beginner, and in my opinion it was alot more helpful that PF's guide....

god pretty much all my question awsnered except for,

why it didnt mention anything about using perlite by itself for humidity and the whole airtight lid, also the source is has for the 10$ syringes is no longer workking,

--------------------

Offlinejak1357
DaArtOfStoryTelling
    #4093800 - 04/25/05 01:46 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

is anyone here a member of overgrow. or for that matter, how do i give yall some karma, or rate u as i guess it would be called here....??

--------------------

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #4093805 - 04/25/05 01:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

click on our mushrooms, and drop one if you want...

Visit the Sponser forum, and check out Ralphster, THE, or Spores101... All good shit.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Few more quick questions. [Re: Crasher]
    #4093829 - 04/25/05 01:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

^^ 101 and Ralph always have great deals :handth:

-Gnostic

Offlinejak1357
DaArtOfStoryTelling
Re: Few more quick questions. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #4094898 - 04/25/05 01:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I cant find any of the prices for shipping at ralphster or 101, is their any sites that offer free shipping,

cause otherwise im gonna prob go wit the hawks eye, all their strains are only 13$ and it says right their its 5$ for the shippin....

damit i really didnt wana spend this much damn money on this, i have soo many bills right now, o well, i guess all my fines can wait....

damn probation and damned government

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation