Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #4095093 - 04/25/05 12:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you aren't in the forest and the tree falls, it makes a sound irregardless of your ability to hear it....

Same goes with the flow of time....

Need to drop the egocentric notions that just because it isn't percievable to you as a human it doesn't occur, as reality suggests otherwise.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeviate
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4095154 - 04/25/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
If you aren't in the forest and the tree falls, it makes a sound irregardless of your ability to hear it....

Same goes with the flow of time....

Need to drop the egocentric notions that just because it isn't percievable to you as a human it doesn't occur, as reality suggests otherwise.

you mean your perception suggests otherwise. explain why a timeless or space time reality makes any less sense. einstein didn't believe in the flow of time. http://everythingforever.com/einstein.htm

as far as your first statement, it simply depends on the definition of sound. if you define sound as an auditory perception, then a tree falling in the woods with no one around to hear does not make a sound.

OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

#4095173 - 04/25/05 01:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I believe the other way, my reasoning is that "sound" inherrently implies the functioning of an auditory sensory organ.

If nothing heard it, there was no sound.

I would agree, however, that if a tree falls in the woods, and nothing was there to hear it, it still would make the surrounding air vibrate.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4095206 - 04/25/05 01:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"Well first, all your soft tissue decomposes; then your widow celebrates after the reading of the will by drinking champagne and fucking your lawyer on the hood of your Jaguar..."

Damn straight. That would be the life I want for my wife after I die. Don't want any sad faces at my funeral.

Fuck that. There'd better be some misty eyes at my funeral.

--------------------

OfflineSmallworlds

Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4095258 - 04/25/05 01:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
"Well first, all your soft tissue decomposes; then your widow celebrates after the reading of the will by drinking champagne and fucking your lawyer on the hood of your Jaguar..."

Damn straight. That would be the life I want for my wife after I die. Don't want any sad faces at my funeral.

Fuck that.  There'd better be some misty eyes at my funeral.

Well, I don't know about the wife fucking the lawyer first chance she gets thing, that would sort of indicate a not too faithful or loving marriage while still alive I'd say.

I hope my death co-incides with armageddon, so that once I'm done here so is everyone else too, and no-one is running around looking at my grave feeling glad they're not me.  :grin:

--------------------

Trip Report

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4095278 - 04/25/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Anyway, as far as life after death goes, I'm a frisbeetarian. I believe that when you die, your soul gets stuck on a roof and no one can get it down.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Silversoul]
    #4095314 - 04/25/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you promise to pass over in the next week, I will cry at your funeral - honest.  :laugh:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Deviate]
    #4095379 - 04/25/05 02:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Look up sound, take the human perspective out of it... look up the definition in terms of the vibrations and the sounds they make as they resonate with regards to their environment... it occurs.

Everything Einstein said doesn't mean it's true.... To look and utilize authority figures over common sense, is... senseless. We could utilize the Bible if we wish to cite authority and common belief... it doesn't ring one bit truer.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4095387 - 04/25/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Precisely what I'm talking about... the phenomena, not the perception of it.... apply that notion to time, and it is exactly the same.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #4095411 - 04/25/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well, that depends on whom is doing the dying, doesn't it?
Last night on Larry King Live there was a panel: a Fundamentalist Christian, a Catholic Priest, a Rabbi, a Muslim scholar, an New Age spokeswoman (who was actually the most well-spoken and perhaps the brightest there) and a woman representing American Atheists. After a few minutes, my Lady and I turned it off. It was predictable. It was silly.

We will all find out in the end of this lifetime. Firstly, there is the ego-death that everyone likes to go on about at the Shroomery, only one does not reconstitute one's ego and then come back to post about it. As to whether 'something' of us endures...it is one possibility, only THAT which endures is Eternal and Present as I type, and we do not recognize 'It' for what 'It' is, namely, GOD. It is THE paradox: GOD is in me, yet 'I' am not GOD, but 'I' am OF GOD.

We are all distict little 'waves' that roll in off the Great Eternal Ocean, grow, then wane, and finally disappear back into the Eternal Ocean. We can go through our lives focused on being a distinct and special little wave, or we can go through life focused on our 'Oceanic' nature. If we go about telling others that we ARE the 'Ocean,' they hospitalize us as psychotic, unless we are also psychopathic and can set up a cult around our paranoically inflated psychotic personality and have people worship us with money and sex and stuff.
Otherwise, we can play at the 'Master Game,' learn the Truth about what we are in Reality, but go about humbly with that exalted Knowledge. We may accept the fact that we all die even if our Love remains, if indeed "GOD is love," and our Ultimate Nature is somehow 'coextensive' with GOD's Nature. To the extent that we become 'Love' we become 'One with GOD.' But remember, becoming sugar itself is not the same as being able to taste sugar.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4095500 - 04/25/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Well all scientific fact points to the fact the universe will come to an end, so when you die, the universe will end just as quickly since infinite time passes instantly upon death. So everyone really ends up dying simultaneously.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #4095533 - 04/25/05 02:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

/bangs head on the wall.

An individual's perceptions of events, including time, doesn't make it so absolutely.

I can also suggest that we all live just to die, with nothing else to be done in between, it's equally as valid.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #4095549 - 04/25/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Last night on Larry King Live there was a panel: a Fundamentalist Christian, a Catholic Priest, a Rabbi, a Muslim scholar, an New Age spokeswoman...

Sounds like the beginning of a good joke... :lol:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineDeviate
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Swami]
    #4095563 - 04/25/05 02:59 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thats exactly what i thought when i was reading it swami. i thought it was going to be a joke.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Deviate]
    #4095574 - 04/25/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

in my eyes, when you die, simply your whole system dies inculding your brain that just
holds the very thing you are as long as there is power .. as soon as your heart stops,
there is powerlack.

basically thats it.

once its done some time, the brain suffers serious damage and after some mins
afaik youd "DEAD" say whatever you want.

anyway, imho there is simply nothing, were like a battery, useless when out of energy.

drop to floor, story over.

very spiritual isnt it? :wink:
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

OfflineSmallworlds

#4095585 - 04/25/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

/bangs head on the wall.

/administers emergency morphene

--------------------

Trip Report

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4095592 - 04/25/05 03:08 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

*morphine* :thumbup:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #4095618 - 04/25/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I trust the Tibetans who are certainly much wiser than I.

Yeah, spinning a wheel with writing makes your dreams come true (like warding off the Chinese invasion.) Would that we all had such "wisdom".

They ended their physical lives by lighting themselves on fire in noble protest...that stands for something I think.

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter said:
Yea I've read the tibetan book of the dead, and Leary's version of it too.

But even if you experience something similar to OBE or NDE while tripping, how can you know it is not a hallucination?
In fact since these drugs are known to make hallucinations, it would be the first assumption, now wouldn't it?

What is a hallucination? Perhaps it's illusory, but what is an illusion? It must exist to the extent that you perceive it, otherwise you wouldn't perceive it in the first place. In fact, isn't that how the entire universe works? Everything is just a manifestation of consciousness that is illusory to those who can't see it and real to those who can.

I regard the drug-induced experience as something very real. I see the brain as a reducing valve, and drugs open this valve and allow more input to enter. This input isn't from mysterious external sources, and certainly not from the drugs themselves, but rather from deep within my own psyche. So by regarding hallucinations not straight up for what they are, but as symbolic of facets of my inner self that are allowed to rise to the surface, I can learn a great deal about myself. And deep within me is the entire universe...infinite extends outward, yes, but also inward, through my third eye, my higher self, etc.

/bangs head on the wall. :evil: :syringe:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4095668 - 04/25/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You realize you are dead.. :P

now ... I want to say more, and I just did!

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offline8Pb
Stranger
    #4095686 - 04/25/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

There is no such thing as death. Try to imagine "nonexistence." It can't be done.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds