Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Smallworlds]
    #4093928 - 04/25/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What of juandice, necrosis, leperesy? Last time I checked the decay isn't a result of the lack of energy.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSmallworlds
Trippin' fool -Merry Prankster

Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4093938 - 04/25/05 12:27 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I never said that "all decay" was the result of a lack of energy. The total decomposition of a body back into basic compounds and elements however most assuredly is.

--------------------
Through the excercise of patience, one may learn humility..

Smoke plenty of green, and eat fungus!!!!
:peace::heart::slomo::gd_icon::gd_icon::gd_icon::slomo:

Trip Report

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4093942 - 04/25/05 12:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

... Sorry, I thought it was simply because you're dead, and your bodies not creating, nor fighting anything as a result of being "dead".

I can bring kup some more disorders, where atrophy is a result of the condition, and plenty of life is still in the individual...

I guess diseases and conditions like to work on double standards though....

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineSmallworlds

#4093955 - 04/25/05 12:36 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

being "dead" is when the body has no life energy left inside of it, the same as a room being "dark" when there is no light in it.

--------------------

Trip Report

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4093962 - 04/25/05 12:39 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok... so it doesn't apply to cellular death and the root causes of it? How is it that you choose to distinguish it.

A person can drown, and still have plenty of energy in it.... what do you attribute to this "energy"? I'm at odds with your definitions.

Fat, sugar, metabolism, atp, etc.. what is it that we're calling energy? It most certainly isn't energy in it's classical definition.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
    #4093974 - 04/25/05 12:45 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I had a radical theory to explain what happens to an individual after they die.

During death, you have immesurable brain wave spikes. Even the slightest increase of brain waves creates extraordinary time dilation. So I argue when you die, you are existing in the reality of your thoughts for the rest of eternity, basically in the afterlife you have imagined your entire life. Since time is just a perception and you cant physically percieve it anymore, whos to say time moves on? We are just simple ccreatures limited by our perception of time, and all the arguments made is assuming time continues after death, how could it? Time is as real as a hallucination, a mere perception to keep things in order.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #4093977 - 04/25/05 12:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ask a rock the same question. It'll show you how real time is by being weathered as a result of it.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineSmallworlds

#4093982 - 04/25/05 12:48 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

the dynamics of it is something like this: that if enough stored energy still remains in the body, the source can sometimes be brought back through physical manipulation of the body...paddles, CPR, etc. etc., but if the body has decayed to the point where it is incapable of containing the source, the two will remain forever severed.

If it's right on the fucking borderline, you get the Terry Schavios of the world. Kind of like when you try to hold back on cumming right up to the trigger point, but you overshoot the mark and lose your nut physically, without getting the full feeling of orgasm.

--------------------

Trip Report

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4093987 - 04/25/05 12:51 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: Interesting analogy :smile:.

However, that's more in line with cellular atrophy as a result of lack of oxygen (in the drowning scenario). I'm just asking you to thumb down this source and what it is that you attribute to it, and not to misconstrue it with physical/biological circumstances. I'm not denying that it doesn't exist, it's just yet to be proven.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
    #4093994 - 04/25/05 12:55 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

You seeing the rock wethered is again just your perception of an object moving through time, you can yourself slow down time, thats what happens when you shroom, so if you can slow it down, that proves time is a perception, and if it isnt constant, whos to say it cant stop? So im saying each individual concious entity lives on its own perception of time, not what you may call the great constant of reality. Even if you can prove somehow that the concious mind isnt forever stuck in its own afterlife for eternity, the second you stop percieving time in your physical body, all time would infinitely pass by instantly, and the true meaning of existence would be known to you at that moment.

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: OmEgAx1]
    #4093996 - 04/25/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Take out the human perception completely.

1) get a video camera.
2) have it focused on limestone statues over in Europe where acid-rain is prevalent as a result of industrialization.
3) review the tapes much later, several generations even, and make no efforts whatsoever to restore the statue.
4) Realize that time indeed passes, and changes everything regardless of our perceptions in regards to it.

What is hot... what is cold... what is good... what is evil... it's no constant as it isn't applicable to everyone in light of their perceptions.

However, without our subjective outlook on time, it'll occur regardless of our existance.... and our perceptions of it.

Hot, cold, good, and evil won't until a similar species develops a similar advanced language to denote, and characterize it's perceptions of event to the degree that humans do. Albeit it'll exist in more primitive forms in regards to preferences (chimps as an example, and higher mammal's desire to acclimitize their surroundings to their benefit).

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineOmEgAx1
Stranger
    #4094016 - 04/25/05 01:10 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"However, without our subjective outlook on time, it'll occur regardless of our existance.... and our perceptions of it."

Im arguing thats false, whos to say time as we individually percieve it passes beyond each individuals death? You cannot argue that time passes after you die, because you would never know.

The statue eroding is a bad example, because im not arguing you have to sit there and watch it happen, im arguing that it happens while you are alive to percieve time and no more. Im saying its an individual sence, just like sight.

Let me try to give an example...

Compare someone tripping hard on shrooms to someone in a deep dreamless sleep...

To the individual tripping, the following 6 hours seem to take an eternity
To the individual asleep, the following 6 hours seem to pass by in an instant.

Edited by OmEgAx1 (04/25/05 01:15 AM)

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #4094542 - 04/25/05 09:09 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

when you die, you are dead, but if you live you are alive.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4094709 - 04/25/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

As I understand it, when we die our brains are flooded with the powerful hallucinogen DMT, our third eye is activated, and the soul exits the body through the pineal gland. Our soul remains in limbo-esque existence as we remember all our past lives and realize great clarity. Most people choose to reincarnate anew because lessons remain to be learnt, or in the case of Bhodisatvas for example, because there is still good to be done.

Upon possessing adequate enlightenment in life, in death enough clarity will be realized so that the soul passes up to higher planes of existence, as opposed to another earthly reincarnation. But there is no guarantee even for the most enlightened being. It all comes down to the act of death and the presence of mind with which one navigates their soul. For this reason, it's helpful to have the Tibetan Book of the Dead read to you, to help remind you what to do, that you are spirit, and that fear is the only thing to fear.

It's as if you trip really really hard into an OBE and then some, because tripping is practice and this is for real.

If you do reincarnate again into the physical world, then you carefully choose the context you'll find yourself in. You decide who your parents will be, among other important factors. So you come back down to earth because conventional misunderstandings weigh you down and you have yet to shed your mortal coil absolutely. You need to be light, light, light, see the light, and become the light, and not fear for your individuality. Faith. Then you rise to higher realms, and I'm not totally clear what this entails.

--------------------
Nothing is sacred!
Life is tough--thick-skinned--impenetrable--so that it can function--work--create--dance--live!

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: the_phoenix]
    #4094741 - 04/25/05 10:34 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

That is a story you have reconstructed out of little pieces of information that came to you over the years.

The choice of pieces determines the story that is being reconstructed.
There are so many pieces brought to you, so many that you can connect any combination you wish and create virtually any scenario no matter how far fetched it seems.

That is the process of how a brain makes reality, with selection and interpolation

--------------------

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4094845 - 04/25/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Not exactly. The general sense of OBEs can be understood through direct experience, for example from tripping or astral travel. Reincarnation fits with the cyclical nature of the universe which is a constant from atoms to planets to existence/non-existence. The universe is a fractal so fundamental truths can logically be applied to all aspects of it. There is much evidence that the pineal gland plays a key role in connecting our physical bodies with our spirit, but I don't know enough to go into scientific detail. I trust the Tibetans who are certainly much wiser than I. I've kept many pieces, and I've discarded many, and this is what I've come up with. I'm sure I'll amend it in the future, but I think it is sound for the most part. I wish I could find the link to the Tibetan Book of the Dead, but my favourites folder is huge and I cannot. :smile:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4095021 - 04/25/05 12:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I trust the Tibetans who are certainly much wiser than I.

Yeah, spinning a wheel with writing makes your dreams come true (like warding off the Chinese invasion.) Would that we all had such "wisdom".

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleChikitta
Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Swami]
    #4095027 - 04/25/05 12:36 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

What happens when you die?

You just rot in the ground.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#4095032 - 04/25/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yea I've read the tibetan book of the dead, and Leary's version of it too.

But even if you experience something similar to OBE or NDE while tripping, how can you know it is not a hallucination?
In fact since these drugs are known to make hallucinations, it would be the first assumption, now wouldn't it?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Re: what happens when you die??? [Re: Chikitta]
    #4095041 - 04/25/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chikitta said:
What happens when you die?

You just rot in the ground.

You don't rot because you are not material. You are abstract.
You can just dissapear without a trace, but only the brain can rot, not the mind. Mind dissapears.

Either that or the mind keeps on living

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order