Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi)
    #4092149 - 04/24/05 04:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

1. How do you explain 'the disclosure project'?

The brains behind Project Disclosure is country doctor turned ambassador to outer space Steven Greer. He found over 20 military ex-witnesses and a NASA astronaut willing to testify to seeing aliens, alien craft and how it had been kept under wraps by the government.

Among them was former Army Sergeant, Clifford Stone, who said the US Government had tried to suppress what he had seen one strange day in Pennsylvania, back in 1969.
"I was involved in situations where we actually did recoveries of crashed saucers. There were bodies that were involved with some of these crashes. Also some of these were alive," he said.
"While we were doing this, we were telling the American public there was nothing to it. We were telling the world there was nothing to it," Mr Stone added.

2. Our society works on a law system that has jailed people for life over the testimony of 1 individual witness. Everybody will believe the outcome of that trial based on one unofficial's witnesses word. So why won't the same people even consider the possability of alien visitation based on millions of unofficial witnesses and thousands of official witnesses?

3. This object was reported by a UK couple and filmed outmanouvering known aircraft. The south wales police explained that it was in fact a weather balloon and Dr. Mike Reddy of astronomy at Glamorgan university said it was in fact the planet Venus. How do you explain the officials making 2 different conclusions for something that appears to be neither a balloon or a planet?

4. Hundreds of these objects were captured on film by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (Soho), a spacecraft 1,000,000 miles from Earth observing the sun. The glowing, saucer-shaped "craft" were said to be moving in a way that suggested intelligent control. Nasa originally dismissed the images as being the result of a camera fault or as comets or asteroids and is now refusing to comment on them.

When will you, so called skeptics, be able to answer the questions that you keep avoiding?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: Ego Death]
    #4092168 - 04/24/05 04:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Even if there are alien visitations on earth, most people who report them are fucked up.

Look, if you are in any forest, and the part of your brain that does pattern processing processes the canopy and trees (which tilt slightly) as people, it will look exactly like UFO aliens are supposed to look. I have no doubt these people sincerly believe their stories. Some of them may be true. But, I think it's safe to say that most of these stories are people who were alone in the dark, and started spooking themselves, or who had epileptic seziures in a certain environment.

There is no way evidence of UFO's could be kept under wraps for so long. To many people.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: Ego Death]
    #4092180 - 04/24/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Another in a long series of "projects" started by people who want to believe.

2. Our society works on a law system that has jailed people for life over the testimony of 1 individual witness.

I'm not sure what kind of law system you are living under...but I certainly don't think the testimony of a single person is enough to convict a person. There is almost always a great deal of corroborating evidence that is presented in addition to the statements of key witnesses. Perhaps if the people claiming to have first-hand encounters of aliens had evidence OTHER than grainy video footage and their own "expert" opinions...then they would find more acceptance.

Word of mouth alone is not enough for proof.

3. This object was reported by a UK couple and filmed outmanouvering known aircraft. The south wales police explained that it was in fact a weather balloon and Dr. Mike Reddy of astronomy at Glamorgan university said it was in fact the planet Venus. How do you explain the officials making 2 different conclusions for something that appears to be neither a balloon or a planet?

Probably because neither of then really knew what it was, either. However just because it isn't a weather balloon or the planet Venus, does not make it an alien space craft.

4. Hundreds of these objects were captured on film by the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (Soho), a spacecraft 1,000,000 miles from Earth observing the sun. The glowing, saucer-shaped "craft" were said to be moving in a way that suggested intelligent control. Nasa originally dismissed the images as being the result of a camera fault or as comets or asteroids and is now refusing to comment on them.

Again, just because it isn't something specific like a comet or camera malfunction, does not make it an alien craft. The truth is we don't know what it is. However most scientists are not the type to jump to conclusions and assume what something IS simply because they know what it ISN'T. Far more evidence would be required before you could be reasonably sure that these are, in fact, alien craft.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: trendal]
    #4092195 - 04/24/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Excellent rebuttal, trendal! :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: Silversoul]
    #4092219 - 04/24/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Tren is my puppet and will officially be taking over all debunking chores so that I am free to wreak havoc elsewhere.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4092334 - 04/24/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why are you trying to convince anyone about aliens. If they do exist, they are unknown to us because they want it that way, so there is no reason for everyone to know about them, and when they want to be known, they will make a little show and there will be no doubt.

If what you say is true, than current US government acts a little bit like the high priests of the old Jews "keeping the knowledge for themselfs" but nothing of that size can be kept quiet for ever.
There will be time when your grand grand grand grand grand son will be living on the moon or mars, and he will see for himself if there are signs of civilisation or not

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: trendal]
    #4092423 - 04/24/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

A good straight shooting post here. It is accurate and to the point. Good job.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4092532 - 04/24/05 06:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

The US government can't even keep super-damaging stuff like Abu Gharib secret from CNN and company. How do you explain that they've been keeping alien visitations secret for the better part of a century?:whoa:

How do you explain that all the other countries on Earth, many with unstable governments or governments that would like nothing more than to shaft the US by disclosing hard evidence never have.  Do you think that only the US gets visited and crashed on?

Why hasn't anyone claiming abduction demonstrated medical conditions that could not possibly be from Earth, say an alien bacterial infection. For that matter, why hasen't any genetically alien bacteria or other organism from outside our solar system ever been found on earth by biologists? :syringe:

And given how easy it is for people to fool themselves, and how many quacks and nuts there are in the world, and how much evidence (ZERO) has made it into the media's and the public's hands, it's virtually certain that we're alone for the moment.

I'm not saying there isn't other life in the universe, but I am saying that the chances it's landing here are about are good as the chances of a note in a bottle you tossed in the ocean in Europe comes to land on the beach behind your house in Fort Lauderdale; possible, but damned unlikely.:noway:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4092563 - 04/24/05 06:16 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

While I'm at it:

Our society works on a law system that has jailed people for life over the testimony of 1 individual witness.

It's a well-known fact that eye witnesses are the worst kind. They're the most likely to inadvertently distort information.

Can you tell me the color of the shirt worn by the second-to-last person you saw at work/school Friday?

This object was reported...Hundreds of these objects were captured

OK, how about these:

All avowed hoaxes. Don't believe me? Click: http://www.jakesufopage.com/UFOhoaxpictures.html

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Edited by Diploid (04/24/05 06:48 PM)

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4092576 - 04/24/05 06:20 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you want your case to be more credible, also use ancient siting of UFO's, depictions, philosophies, beliefs, citings in WW2, accounts given by the newpapers in addition to army personal given in regards to Roswell which were later recounted by both, etc...

(Australian aboriginal views, older christian paintings, Sumerian beliefs et etal)

-Give it a greater historical perspective; as it is anything but a new phenomena and belief.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4093069 - 04/24/05 08:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

These are not alien spaceships from outerspace, these are spaceships designed by governments with the money to create these things. Our government has been doing expirements forever on spaceship technology and alien creations.

We are the aliens.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: Droz]
    #4093131 - 04/24/05 08:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

And you know this because?

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: Droz]
    #4093248 - 04/24/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

We are the aliens.

And we will,

we will,

ROCK YOU!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4093284 - 04/24/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ermmm in terms of ancient civilizations?

Odd how you can dismiss the notion so fast with vast evidence that suggests that their is a little more going on then meets the eye.... historically speaking; their are a lot of picutres, paintings, and folklore utilized by many older civilizations to denote odd catastrophes that show other instances of correlation (gigantic floods for example, with data correlating the time period of it's occurance beyond spurious instances), similar explanation in way of aliens have also been presented.

Not suggesting they are here, or that they exist; simply pointing out the fact that the notion has existed well before our modern civilization, with similar accounts (and their isn't much of a motivation in way of profiting from perpetuating the notions in the far past).

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Edited by Psychoactive1984 (04/24/05 11:50 PM)

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Question's for anybody who doesn't believe in Alien visitation of Earth (spec Swarmi) [Re: Diploid]
    #4094868 - 04/25/05 11:22 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Tomk:
People who report UFO'S are"fucked up". Well done you have now officially followed the common concensus.

Diploid:
Quote:

The US government can't even keep super-damaging stuff like Abu Gharib secret from CNN and company. How do you explain that they've been keeping alien visitations secret for the better part of a century?

Quite simply, they haven't. There are government papers released stating quite blatently that UFO's are real and most likely to be E.T in origin. The first document I remember like this is a brief sent to Winston Churchill.

What really keeps this a secret is the psychology of the general public. The majority of the general public are scared of aliens not avid dreamers and believers as some think. Like the bogey man something your scared of should be forgotten about, pushed aside from the mind. Unfortunately, this bogey man keeps coming back.

Quote:

How do you explain that all the other countries on Earth, many with unstable governments or governments that would like nothing more than to shaft the US by disclosing hard evidence never have. Do you think that only the US gets visited and crashed on?

The type of hard evidence you want will never be available. Why would any country have hard evidence? We can see them, that is the only evidence at the moment. Why would the aliens provide us with hard evidence? Not even the US has the ability to track the craft (as far as we know!).

Super advanced aliens wouldn't be likely to be transmitting diseases either.

You say there is zero evidence. I say you have obviously not researched the phenomena very well!

All those pictures you have shown, are exactly that, pictures. The stills in my post are from video footage capured. This film footage has been analysed and proven to of not been tampered with. Its a lot easier to create a picture of a blob than to film craft in the sky out-manouvering known aircraft and acting in an intelligently controlled manner.

Trendal:
Please explain why humans would want to believe that they could be abducted at any moment against thier will? Religous/cult extremists aside please as you can find an extremist for anything!

I agree with the rest of your post. It is my assertion that they are 'most likely' to be alien in origin. Evidence does not point to them being our own. As for the reality of the craft, I've had one land 50 feet away from me and my friends so we are pretty convinced the craft are real!

OldWoodSpecter:
I don't see why the aliens would present themselves. They probably view us not far of the way we view monkeys or even ants. Its evolution. In the same way that we study everything possible, so will other intelligent beings!

The only reason why is because I know they are here and I'm tired of living in a world of ignorant people. The evidence is there and but is not clear. It is swimming in a sea of hoaxes, just how the government likes it. They don't need to keep it a secret, we've done a good enough job of that for them.

The real evidence is that what has been released by the government. It is the millions of official and unofficial witnesses. It is the hundreds of videos showing footage (don't complain you've only seen grainy photo's, the real evidence is with the people, UFO groups everywhere have tons of undeniable video footage which the media takes little to no interest in). If you want to see proof study the UFO's properly. Goto a local UFO group, they will soon change your mind. A crappy internet site with a few common hoaxes, obviously, will only provide you with the ability to delude yourself and say "yes, I was right. They don't exist."

Droz:
We've only been capable of winged flight for the past century. How would you explain the MASS of UFO data pre-flight era? Also, why do our government dress in alien suits for when they emerge from the craft?

--------------------

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
    #4094945 - 04/25/05 12:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Here is a still photo taken from AN OBVIOUSLY REAL video.

A lot of people REALLY REALLY REALLY believe in magic too, and thus some choose to take this "knowledge" and become wiccan and cast spells. There are too many instances in history in which people have believed ludicrous things but continue to believe them to fulfill latent internal agendas or simply get carried away on embellishments and their imagination starts to pervert their memory.

So a craft landed 50 feet from you and your friends? Do elucidate on this memory...

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

OfflineCaptainJailew
Apathetic and Idon't care

Loc: Central Texas
    #4094976 - 04/25/05 12:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:

The type of hard evidence you want will never be available. Why would any country have hard evidence? We can see them, that is the only evidence at the moment. Why would the aliens provide us with hard evidence? Not even the US has the ability to track the craft (as far as we know!).

Super advanced aliens wouldn't be likely to be transmitting diseases either.

Right... a couple of things, first of all, the "hard" evidence anyone would want would just be some sort of tangible evidence. For the millions of UFO sightings, and hundreds of thousands of years of human existence, one would think that there would be SOMETHING the government has not taken hold to. What incentive does the government have to hide this information?

Super advanced aliens would transmit diseases just as easily as Europeans did to the natives when they came over. They have no reason to think of symbiotic or natural bacteria or virii to be dangerous to humans, but being from two radically different (I'm assuming) planets would means a somewhat different course of evolution for our species and what we would deem to be healthy and what our bodies can tolerate.
Quote:

All those pictures you have shown, are exactly that, pictures. The stills in my post are from video footage captured. This film footage has been analyzed and proven to of not been tampered with. Its a lot easier to create a picture of a blob than to film craft in the sky out-manouvering known aircraft and acting in an intelligently controlled manner.

above...

Quote:

OldWoodSpecter:
I don't see why the aliens would present themselves. They probably view us not far of the way we view monkeys or even ants. Its evolution. In the same way that we study everything possible, so will other intelligent beings!

Didn't aliens supposedly contact humans when our civilization was even more "primitive" than it is today? Why would they stop all of a sudden? Additionally, I would hardly say that you can liken aliens studying humans to humans studying non-sentient and other life forms. Unlike the animals we study, we are capable of communicating and have supposedly been contacted by aliens before. Studying an organism would be WORLDS easier if we could communicate with them. If aliens really wanted to know about us and study us a clear line of communication would be integral.

Quote:

We've only been capable of winged flight for the past century. How would you explain the MASS of UFO data pre-flight era? Also, why do our government dress in alien suits for when they emerge from the craft?

I don't think the government did dress up in alien suits, and I also don't think there were aliens in the pre-flight era. Sure, there were probably TONS of UFOs, but that just means no one knew what the fuck was going on. It is UNIDENTIFIED, but not necessarily alien in origin or nature.

--------------------
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Albert Einstein

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4094980 - 04/25/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Trendal:
Please explain why humans would want to believe that they could be abducted at any moment against thier will? Religous/cult extremists aside please as you can find an extremist for anything!

To be honest, I don't know why so many humans choose to believe things for which they have little to no evidence for...but it is quite obvious that this is a common situation for humans to find themselves in. In fact, it is far more common for people to "believe" things without evidence than it is for people to be skeptical of such beliefs.

Why would they want to believe? I can think of any number of reasons, and I'm sure there are a GREAT deal of individual reasons that each person has.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4095028 - 04/25/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Trendal:

To be honest, I don't know why so many humans choose to believe things for which they have little to no evidence for...but it is quite obvious that this is a common situation for humans to find themselves in.

:thumbup:  :thumbup: Yup...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4095087 - 04/25/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was abducted by aliens and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag