Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Please tell me I being paranoid about my recent spawn to horse manure.
    #4093056 - 04/24/05 10:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I spawned EQ WBS to horse manure on Friday afternoon. They are currently incubating in a TiT at 84-86 degrees. I took a peak today and noticed that the mycelium is growing larger in size around the WBS, but doesn't seem to be growing much beyond that.

I guess my question is whether or not that is a sign of successful growth or just a continuation of growth around the WBS? I am really paranoid about my bulk attempt working.

Is 2 days too early to tell if I have a successful spawn?

I used Agar's and Roadkill's directions. The horse manure was soaked for an hour, squeeze tested, bagged, pasteurized, and then spawned when cooled. Agar's instructions state that most spawn failures fail due to the substrate being too wet, aside from contams of course. I did not squeeze test the manure when I removed it from the bag following pasteurization.

I hope this is not going to be a problem. I really want this to work. There is currently a thread going right now wherein the mycelium is growing at an extremely fast rate.

If you folks have any opinions, I would really appreciate it. My success at bulk growing is paramount!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please tell me I being paranoid about my recent spawn to horse manure. [Re: Wronguy]
    #4093071 - 04/24/05 10:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Give it some time. I usually don't see anything for 1-2 days except some fuzziness around the WBS points. By about the 3rd day it should start tearing through the manure.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please tell me I being paranoid about my recent spawn to horse manure. [Re: Holydiver]
    #4093077 - 04/24/05 10:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I'm glad to hear that what I'm seeing is normal Diver. At what point should I begin worrying?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please tell me I being paranoid about my recent spawn to horse manure. [Re: Wronguy]
    #4093078 - 04/24/05 10:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Of course youll only notice growth around the WBS...thats the inoculation points...it spreads out from each grain and then after a few days they interconnect. Just wait it out...2-4 days is definatly to early to be worrying. After day 4-5 you'll know whats up.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Please tell me I being paranoid about my recent spawn to horse manure. [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4093086 - 04/24/05 10:42 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I appreciate your input Scatman. I sure hope this works.

By the way I hate working with horse manure. The stench from the bag after pasteurizing was nauseating. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation